Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

11-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #1541
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Nice. I bet it felt good to get back up in the higher weight range. 475lb is a damn good pull!
Thanks did feel alright, except for the part where a 198 guy pulled 585 with excessively long hold at top.
At half ur age?
      11-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #1542
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
At half ur age?
Yeah roughly
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #1543
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

82 years old and deadlift 225.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...TABLE-him.html
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #1544
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Have had some crazy pumps the last few days at the gym, but have been uncomfortably bloated all weekend lol. Fiance's grandparents and mom were in town so we did thanksgiving on Saturday and I have just been eating a shit load. Will start to cut back today, stomach is in absolute knots right now lol.

Lifted legs today, solid day, but was tough because I was in a good amount of stomach pain. Saturday was back/tri and yesterday was shoulder/biceps, had great lifts both days with a crazy pump. I'm positive I'm growing with the amount of food I've been eating, but no doubt some of that weight is in the wrong place haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #1545
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Note to self: If you are going to keep up with this Sunday bike riding thing, no more chest/TRI days on Saturday!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #1546
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Have had some crazy pumps the last few days at the gym, but have been uncomfortably bloated all weekend lol. Fiance's grandparents and mom were in town so we did thanksgiving on Saturday and I have just been eating a shit load. Will start to cut back today, stomach is in absolute knots right now lol.

Lifted legs today, solid day, but was tough because I was in a good amount of stomach pain. Saturday was back/tri and yesterday was shoulder/biceps, had great lifts both days with a crazy pump. I'm positive I'm growing with the amount of food I've been eating, but no doubt some of that weight is in the wrong place haha.
I have just been cruising along around 3500 calories and enjoying things. I know on Thanksgiving that will go up, but I was around 5K for so long I don't expect it to be a big thing.

Other day changing shirts...my wife was like "are you one of of your diets again"? I said not particularly...why? She goes well all those weird veins are starting to show again....LOL. Crazy thing is that I could shave and really blow her mind.

That one week I took off to work on my car (Halloween Week), I didn't shave my face and had a full beard going by the end of the week. She likes it (Her dad and brother both look like Duck Dynasty guys) and told me I should leave it.

I promised I would keep it through November....but god this thing is killing me and I have already trimmed it with a guard 3 times!
      11-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #1547
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Can't wait to get off work today...its International Chest day Monday!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #1548
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

No was a leg day. Crept back up to 220 after couple weeks off couting calories I'm back to it
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:25 AM   #1549
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
No was a leg day. Crept back up to 220 after couple weeks off couting calories I'm back to it
More power to you......I think this last bulk turned me off of them for awhile. Coming back from vacation until I stopped, I gained almost 24 lbs...but god I was miserable eating that amount. I seen some upper-body improvement, but gained a lot of weight in my legs.
      11-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #1550
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So how many of you plan to get a workout in on Thanksgiving this year?

I can either go as usual when I first get up (3:00AM)...or wait until after the damage is done and go after all the food has been eat.

Imagine there will be some skin-splitting pumps if you went after. Not like anyone would miss me as they will all be asleep either time I decide.
      11-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #1551
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I can either go as usual when I first get up (3:00AM)...or wait until after the damage is done and go after all the food has been eat.

Imagine there will be some skin-splitting pumps if you went after. Not like anyone would miss me as they will all be asleep either time I decide.
i'm going today but the gym closes at 1pm tomorrow but i'll be at work so that sux! I will go on Friday but I maybe full as f from Thanksgiving
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #1552
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Need gym at home too bro
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #1553
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'll be there tomorrow for leg day! Plan to hit them in the morning. We kinda did our thanksgiving over the weekend since we had family in town, tomorrow is just going out to eat. Nothing crazy.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-27-2019, 04:05 PM   #1554
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Hope after the bird is in the oven I can sneak away, open until 1 which is when feast is supposed to start

Probably go for a stroll after feasting, unless we have water falling from the sky like today
      11-28-2019, 02:14 AM   #1555
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I headed that way now!!!

Back day for me and I will be back home before anyone knows I'm gone!
      11-28-2019, 07:03 AM   #1556
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I headed that way now!!!

Back day for me and I will be back home before anyone knows I'm gone!
ahhh I hate you!!! i'm stuck at work for 12 hours
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-28-2019, 08:09 AM   #1557
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ahhh I hate you!!! i'm stuck at work for 12 hours
Sorry to hear that man. Happy Thanksgiving though. If it's any consolation, I have to work Friday and Saturday....and possibly Sunday if we don't get finished Saturday.
      11-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #1558
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that man. Happy Thanksgiving though. If it's any consolation, I have to work Friday and Saturday....and possibly Sunday if we don't get finished Saturday.
it's all good. getting paid for holiday pay as well as time and a half so it's a good money day! Happy Turkey day to you and your family! don't forget to do some cardio for eating all that double dutch crumb apple pie!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #1559
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Went a little after 7:00 because we TRIED to go back to sleep after putting the turkey in at 6:30 but the fire alarm went off 20 minutes later when the brown bag caught fire

Back/bi, probably the most reps I've done in a LONG time
      12-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #1560
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Well it took about 3 weeks of telling myself that I was going to start my cut until it actually happened which was yesterday. Going to bring the calories down quite a bit the next few weeks, even to the point where I might loose a little muscle. I'll still be grinding it out in the gym, so hopefully not much of a loss. I'm getting to the point where my shoulders/chest/back are getting a little more wide then I would like. Hopefully this cut will tighten everything up.

I lift in a bodybuilder manor, but I don't think I ever want to look like a crazy wide body. My goal is more along the lines of lean compact muscle bodies while maintaining a respectable size. Not to bring up zodiac signs, but I'm a libra and from straight up symbolism I feel like it is a perfect representation of my fitness in a whole. As I lift more and eat more the scale tips to right and I end up larger then I want. If I push my cardio and reduce calories the scale tips to the left and I end up smaller then I'd like. Finding the perfect balance of cardio/lifting/calories would be dead center. Although I feel I've been at the dead center of the scale before, but I'm never satisfied. So it always leads to tipping that scale to the right to gain size then leaning back out. A never ending viscous cycle. I've made great progress over the last two years, but I'd say I have at least a few more years until I'm completely satisfied although the pessimist in me knows that I'll never be satisfied.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      12-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #1561
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Saturday I finished chest/tri with cable presses, 4 sets of 60 reps. Started at my normal weight for 12 reps, then just stood in place and dropped a plate after each 12. At the bottom, did some sit-ups then switched to the wide grip and went back up. Didn't ride on Sunday, went and did shoulders instead. Tris still sore this morning, but it was nice.

This week I switch back up to heavier weight shooting for 6 reps/set. Going to do this for 3 weeks now. No running until Santa2theSea on Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #1562
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Well it took about 3 weeks of telling myself that I was going to start my cut until it actually happened which was yesterday. Going to bring the calories down quite a bit the next few weeks, even to the point where I might loose a little muscle. I'll still be grinding it out in the gym, so hopefully not much of a loss. I'm getting to the point where my shoulders/chest/back are getting a little more wide then I would like. Hopefully this cut will tighten everything up.

I lift in a bodybuilder manor, but I don't think I ever want to look like a crazy wide body. My goal is more along the lines of lean compact muscle bodies while maintaining a respectable size. Not to bring up zodiac signs, but I'm a libra and from straight up symbolism I feel like it is a perfect representation of my fitness in a whole. As I lift more and eat more the scale tips to right and I end up larger then I want. If I push my cardio and reduce calories the scale tips to the left and I end up smaller then I'd like. Finding the perfect balance of cardio/lifting/calories would be dead center. Although I feel I've been at the dead center of the scale before, but I'm never satisfied. So it always leads to tipping that scale to the right to gain size then leaning back out. A never ending viscous cycle. I've made great progress over the last two years, but I'd say I have at least a few more years until I'm completely satisfied although the pessimist in me knows that I'll never be satisfied.
Libra here as well. Perfect analogy as I'm i the same boat. I have winter clothes...then summer clothes.

But remember...what we think of ourselves as being to small is typically not the case. I was looking at pics of me from a few years ago when I stopped going to the gym for around 9 months. I just lost all motivation. No gym, no diet...just did what I wanted, ate when I felt like it, and didn't even keep up with anything exercise related.

I think I was down to almost 170lbs....and in the picture I looked like what you would see one of the male gymnasts look like. I know muscle memory plays a role, but we see ourselves everyday. And even when I was at the smallest I had been in probably 15+ years...I actually looked pretty good in the picture!