BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-03-2020, 04:23 PM   #4181
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Gotta confess: I'm laying off several employees this afternoon. I'm dreading it. I cant count how many people I've laid off over the years. 75? 100? It never gets any easier. Firing is easier because they usually deserve it. But a single dad with 2 young kids who does a great job? It fucking sucks. Fucking COVID.
This is rough. I have no words for any of it. My heart goes out to all parties involved. Whiskey, a few close friends and punching bag always helped me through laying off good employees.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      09-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #4182
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Thanks have couple long weekends coming up and don't know what to do. One is my bday. Juat fear sitting along being a mess.
Camping. Round up the fellas, claim the dog for the weekend, and head out into the woods. Some beers + a campfire + your dog + some commiserating = A pretty good B-Day

I've been there too and it sucks. The first time I was ever really alone was when the first wife left. King Rudi has some good advice. You gotta get to a place where you're cool just being you, doing your thing, and being alone before you find the next Mrs. Mod.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #4183
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
This is rough. I have no words for any of it. My heart goes out to all parties involved. Whiskey, a few close friends and punching bag always helped me through laying off good employees.
I can see the liquor cabinet, right now, from my home office. LOL. Yeah, some whisky tonight is definitely in order!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-03-2020, 06:52 PM   #4184
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Camping. Round up the fellas, claim the dog for the weekend, and head out into the woods. Some beers + a campfire + your dog + some commiserating = A pretty good B-Day
don't forget the guns and shootin. that really lets off steam
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      09-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #4185
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
apartment manager said asbestos is in the wall. 2 months back i drilled 3 holes with screw driver and put this rack up to hold my bike. My bike fell with it and it pulled the screws out. Should i be worried about asbestos exposure? I feel like im gonna slowly die!
Dude, you're fine. Your apartment manager probably lied to you in an effort to not have you drill holes in the wall...

My first house (1950s era) had these shitty hard plastic tiles just inside the front door as a landing pad to take your shoes off before you stepped onto the carpet. Under the carpet were hardwoods. So the first house project i did was to rip the carpet to and refinish the hardwood floors myself. Well those stupid tiles wouldn't come up they just kept chipping and breaking. So what's a 24 year old dude with a drum sander and 20 grit paper gunna do? He's going to sand right though those SOBs, right?! So I did. Later found out those were likely asbestos backed tiles which are totally safe to remove if you chip them out. What you dont want to do is saw them out because that releases the asbestos fibers into the air. Hmmm, what about sanding them down to nothing?!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #4186
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
. What you dont want to do is saw them out because that releases the asbestos fibers into the air. Hmmm, what about sanding them down to nothing?!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #4187
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:

I've been there too and it sucks. The first time I was ever really alone was when the first wife left. King Rudi has some good advice. You gotta get to a place where you're cool just being you, doing your thing, and being alone before you find the next Mrs. Mod.
Have a cabin can use but would likey be solo. So sit in the woods with guns and booze by myself doesn't sound like good recipe. Barely hang out with anyone anymore.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #4188
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:

Have a cabin can use but would likey be solo. So sit in the woods with guns and booze by myself doesn't sound like good recipe. Barely hang out with anyone anymore.
If you don't mind me asking, why?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #4189
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Non alcoholic drink

If I have to be good and not touch a drink until the hotel while my friend imbibes, what's a good non alcoholic drink to have? I'm not big on soda nor iced tea, and not the biggest fan of water either. I thought someone confessed to drinking Shirley Temples and someone else mentioned a better choice but damned if I can remember what it was and damned if I can find it now!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #4190
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
If I have to be good and not touch a drink until the hotel while my friend imbibes, what's a good non alcoholic drink to have? I'm not big on soda nor iced tea, and not the biggest fan of water either. I thought someone confessed to drinking Shirley Temples and someone else mentioned a better choice but damned if I can remember what it was and damned if I can find it now!
I was on a sparkling water kick for years. It's not too bad for you. Better than soda or beer.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #4191
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
I was on a sparkling water kick for years. It's not too bad for you. Better than soda or beer.
I was hoping for something with taste
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #4192
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Roy Rodgers

Coke and cherry
      09-03-2020, 11:28 PM   #4193
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Taking a Gap year and told my parents, i dont know if im doing something wrong. Im 21 still and dont know if I want to go back to school. Anyone ever take a gap year that helped them tremendously?
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #4194
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Taking a Gap year and told my parents, i dont know if im doing something wrong. Im 21 still and dont know if I want to go back to school. Anyone ever take a gap year that helped them tremendously?
I hated the idea of more school after high school. I took a gap 4-years by enlisting and never looked back. I'm not advocating for or against military servce for anyone at this point, but waiting to go to college until I was mature enough to appreciate what it meant to me was the best move I ever made. Once I did decide to pursue a degree, I was all in because it was my money paying for it. I feel everyone should do some sort of service to the country for a year or two after high school, just to dispel any preconceived notions about what real life is all about. Doesn't have to be military service. Take a year or two, work in the real world and see how hard it is, then go get the degree that will get you where you want to go.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
      09-03-2020, 11:41 PM   #4195
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I hated the idea of more school after high school. I took a gap 4-years by enlisting and never looked back. I'm not advocating for or against military servce for anyone at this point, but waiting to go to college until I was mature enough to appreciate what it meant to me was the best move I ever made. Once I did decide to pursue a degree, I was all in because it was my money paying for it. I feel everyone should do some sort of service to the country for a year or two after high school, just to dispel any preconceived notions about what real life is all about. Doesn't have to be military service. Take a year or two, work in the real world and see how hard it is, then go get the degree that will get you where you want to go.
Thanks <3
Appreciate 1
M_Six16532.00
      09-04-2020, 12:20 AM   #4196
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Precisely what I did. Not military, other service, for a year right out of high school. Settled back in to the states when I returned (due to family emergency) and then hit college on my own dime. Very different perspective.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 12:28 AM   #4197
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Roy Rodgers

Coke and cherry
Damn - don't like cherry
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:02 AM   #4198
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Dr. Pepper cherry is the most tasteful soft drink for me, own lots of sugar but this varies if thinned with Havanna 3 yo white rum

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
213e90n51365.50
      09-04-2020, 05:12 AM   #4199
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Hey.
Haven't been around since pol was nuked but read your situation and I'm going to toss .02 at ya.
No camping trip or drink or buddy or magic wand is going to pull off the load presently on your back and in your mind and heart. What will is time and attitude. Ask me how I know...

Don't try and make everything okie-dokie in a few days or whatever. Ain't happening.
Stay on your horse and ride. It's what you have to do. Smiling and laughing again is where you need to get back to and I promise you that there are blue skies beyond the clouds you're in now.

Don't beat yourself up. Be proud of who you are!!! Try to relax your thoughts as best you can and slow that melon down. Half full is where you're headed because you'll figure out the half empty needs to be in the rearview.
Sounds easy, right? Well it isn't but it will happen if you allow it. Allow it, it's ok. Patience and just keep riding. Don't continually search your past, because it's just that.

Time, my man. Time.

Peace.
King Rudi13152.00
      09-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #4200
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Packing sucks! Took a few days off to get ready for my move. Damn I have a lot of shoes. Gonna need more boxes.

And WTF? Can someone make a packing tape thing that keeps the tape from getting stuck back to the roll after each cut? Or am I a moron? Im off till Thursday. I may just go poolside and enjoy this beautiful day after a few more boxes.

Happy Friday everyone!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #4201
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
He must be serious, I could understand every word!
Appreciate 3
213e90n51365.50
King Rudi13152.00
cmyx6go15560.00
      09-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #4202
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Packing sucks! Took a few days off to get ready for my move. Damn I have a lot of shoes. Gonna need more boxes.

And WTF? Can someone make a packing tape thing that keeps the tape from getting stuck back to the roll after each cut? Or am I a moron? Im off till Thursday. I may just go poolside and enjoy this beautiful day after a few more boxes.

Happy Friday everyone!
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Appreciate 0