Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Block all muslims from getting access to the US?
yes 53 45.69%
no 63 54.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

12-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #89
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
You have a passport from a country with isis presence, iranian, etc. That's what he meant. Why do people need a 5000 page explanation for something so obvious then they try to pick it apart when they don't get one?
What if you have a Belgium passport?

Shit's not so cut and dry. You can't circle a crazed ideology on a map and say it's all there. It's far from "obvious". Plus what if you're a Christian with a Syrian passport?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #90
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
What if you have a Belgium passport?

Shit's not so cut and dry. You can't circle a crazed ideology on a map and say it's all there. It's far from "obvious". Plus what if you're a Christian with a Syrian passport?
Vette them as you would anyone. I know it's not cut and dry. We aren't going for 100% . But if you can make it that much more difficult and stop the majority of ISIS members or sympathizers then you do it. That's like saying why seal the border? Some will get in anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #91
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Fundguy1 whips himself into a frenzy when Muslim Terrorists kill Americans and says nothing when American Terrorists like Newtown killer , black church shooter etc. Commit similar crimes.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #92
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I agree. Same thing goes for gun free zones. Those are kill zones.
Like Chicago. It's a gun free zone yet it's plagued by gun violence because obviously criminals care about the law.
DC and NYC close second.
seems like anti-gun cities tend to have more violent crimes and organized crimes more than other cities.
      12-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #93
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I'm part black, am I responsible for the crimes going on in urban areas? Shit isn't my problem to deal with. I don't know why it should be theirs to "sort their house". It's crazy people who follow some fringe, bastardized form of religion for their own personal gain. Not the first time someone's warped religion to push their own personal agenda. Hell, someone made up a religion to gain money and power (L. Ron Hubbard).

But since you brought it up, Muslims did raise over $100,000 so far for the victims families of the shooting in California, http://fox40.com/2015/12/09/muslim-a...rdino-victims/

These individuals were Muslim Americans, and just like most any other American, they're good people who step up to help those in need.
Vast majority of mass murders (generally defined as killing more than 4) are done by white males. As a white male I don't feel that I am at all responsible for these crimes either or have the ability to "sort it out".

I believe Trump has become the poster child for ISIS recruiting. Basically "The U.S. leaders and their people hate Muslims and want to seal their borders from people like us". Somewhat based on fact.

Sealing the border - the two in CA came here years ago, I don't believe we have any proof that this would have any benefit and I believe it would make it easier to radicalize the people already here.
      12-09-2015, 05:09 PM   #94
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
This is a problem we will never fully understand so we have to put the challenge to the large majority of Muslims who do not partake in the violence. We can destroy countries and people but there is no way WE can destroy their ideology. However, to persuade Muslim countries to do this we may have to go after their economy i.e. bombing oil fields.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #95
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
This is a problem we will never fully understand so we have to put the challenge to the large majority of Muslims who do not partake in the violence. We can destroy countries and people but there is no way WE can destroy their ideology. However, to persuade Muslim countries to do this we may have to go after their economy i.e. bombing oil fields.
Your plan is to start bombing all Muslim countries oil fields because they are Muslim and some Muslims hate us? I'm sure they will jump right on board to seeing things our way.
      12-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #96
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70
Quote:
Your plan is to start bombing all Muslim countries oil fields because they are Muslim and some Muslims hate us?
My plan is to tell Muslim countries to take an active and lead role in destroying ISIS and any organizations like ISIS. If the do not then use the oil fields as the push the need to get into the fight. Pakistan harbored Bin Laden while US personal died looking for him.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #97
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

No.

1) This will make the US much less safe. We'll effectively tell 1.6 Billion people around the world that we hate them, and it would create more hate within and outside of the US.

2) This is unConstitutional

3) We need Muslims on our side to win the war on terror. It's as much as an ideology we are trying to defeat as anything else.

4) This idea is absolutely stupid and unenforceable.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #98
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

This poll supports my suspicions.

As crazy as Trump sounds sometimes, the fact is that he is saying what people really think. He is saying what other politicians are not willing to say because it is not politically correct, sometimes not even constitutionally correct. But it is what many of the people want.

Trump wants to make America great again (aka more WASPy). Let's face it. A lot of Americans agree.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #99
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Let's not forget, the majority of victims of ISIS terror are Muslims.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #100
imserious
Major
Rep

Oh and I really liked Trump's defense of his bold policy. Hey, it's just like what FDR did with the Japanese Internment camps... as if this was a good idea!?!? The US is just getting around to making ammends for that horribly misguided policy and mass destruction of the livelihoods of thousands of loyal and innocent Americans of Japanese decent.

I find his defense of the idea more appalling than the idea itself.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #101
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious
Oh and I really liked Trump's defense of his bold policy. Hey, it's just like what FDR did with the Japanese Internment camps... as if this was a good idea!?!? The US is just getting around to making ammends for that horribly misguided policy and mass destruction of the livelihoods of thousands of loyal and innocent Americans of Japanese decent.

I find his defense of the idea more appalling than the idea itself.
I know a guys' stepfather who is STILL traumatized from the camp. he hates government and doesn't trust them.
      12-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #102
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

The liberal media circus around Trump is in full swing... just as expected... same geniuses that voted for the current great leader...
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #103
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
This poll supports my suspicions.

As crazy as Trump sounds sometimes, the fact is that he is saying what people really think. He is saying what other politicians are not willing to say because it is not politically correct, sometimes not even constitutionally correct. But it is what many of the people want.

Trump wants to make America great again (aka more WASPy). Let's face it. A lot of Americans agree.
The more the country goes into political correctness... the further it destroy itself day by day...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #104
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I know a guys' stepfather who is STILL traumatized from the camp. he hates government and doesn't trust them.
Do some people mistake you for a terrorist?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #105
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
No.

1) This will make the US much less safe. We'll effectively tell 1.6 Billion people around the world that we hate them, and it would create more hate within and outside of the US.

2) This is unConstitutional

3) We need Muslims on our side to win the war on terror. It's as much as an ideology we are trying to defeat as anything else.

4) This idea is absolutely stupid and unenforceable.
Why don't we worry about ourselves and our country instead of everyone else as the current genius does? I hope no one is dumb enough to believe this, he is simply calling for stricter immigration laws... kind of like the wall idea... you know at least his memory and ideas align

he is not politically correct and says dumb shit left and right but he's right
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #106
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Let's not forget, the majority of victims of ISIS terror are Muslims.

...you could say the same about the non-muslim victims of ISIS too...

This is poll and debate are useless.

I agree that our country has become far to PC. The truth and honest comments are often meant to sting with clarity.

Trump has raised the question with respect to a basic principle of the sanctity and the safety of American Citizens here within the confines of the United states.

The US does not rage war on the basis of religious conquest. If countries who are founded in these Islamic principals cannot police their own peoples - why can't we take measures to protect our citizens?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #107
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP
The liberal media circus around Trump is in full swing... just as expected... same geniuses that voted for the current great leader...
that's the problem.

look at the GOP debates. one that was hosted by CNBC was horrible. oh yeah. CNBC fiscal conservatives were all left out as a host...
      12-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #108
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My plan is to tell Muslim countries to take an active and lead role in destroying ISIS and any organizations like ISIS. If the do not then use the oil fields as the push the need to get into the fight. Pakistan harbored Bin Laden while US personal died looking for him.
Quote:
About 13% of Muslims live in Indonesia, the largest Muslim-majority country, 25% in South Asia, 20% in the Middle East, and 15% in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Americans like to believe that all of the Muslims are in the Middle East but reality it it is a small percentage of the total. Trying to start a war with every country that doesn't do what we want or the ones that don't like us will be a losing proposition.

I would be interested in you explaining to Indonesia (Southeast Asia) that they need to take up the fight against ISIS or we will start bombing them, starting wars based on religion.
      12-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #109
imserious
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The more the country goes into political correctness... the further it destroy itself day by day...
100%.

The head in the clouds, out of touch, uber-liberals are a threat to our society. I welcome any agitation that encourages a healthy debate on the balance between personal freedoms and just plain common sense.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #110
imserious
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
that's the problem.

look at the GOP debates. one that was hosted by CNBC was horrible. oh yeah. CNBC fiscal conservatives were all left out as a host...
Seriously! I watched that debate where the condescending moderators were accusing and belittling the candidates. Haha, the media is so blind to their own BS. It so bad, it's funny. I mean, they pretend they are intelligent and unbiased journalists right? What a joke.

Just call it like it is. FOX is biased, everyone else is biased. You have to watch it all and evaluate for yourself. No one will provide a fair assessment anymore.
Appreciate 2