BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #67
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I seriously would attempt to not go crazy. I don't need ferraris and lambos coming out my ears. Not gonna buy 14 vacation homes. I would make 1 nice upgrade house and travel full time. Probably pick up a few track cars and maybe some vintage things ive always loved.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #68
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Take some time off work.
Pay of the student loans and mortgage.
Drop the kids off to Nana and Papa's. For a trip.
Take a trip like this with the wife
http://www.fourseasons.com/aroundthe...ss_discoveries
Get back to work.
Import a old Lancia Delta Integrale HF.
Invest and
give to charity via a foundation like WWF(wildlife)Doctors Without Borders, habitat for humanity and the local aquarium which the kids like. And give some to church to please the parents.
Write a book. If no one publishes I buy a publication and make them publish it.
Conquer a small island nation and impose my ideologies on them and make them all buy my book...mwahahaha
And the list grows... Bad from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #69
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
With that level of $$ overnight....you become your own Equity/Hedge Firm overnight

With about $50 Mil invested in the right R/E assets - You are set for $3 to $5 Mil in annualized NOI
I'm going to hire you to manage my billion
*sigh* it won't be anywhere near a billion... Let's say you are the LONE winner, you will presumably opt for the lump some vs annuity... Lump sum will be 800mill, give or take a few mill... Estimate just about half of that will go to Uncle Sam which leaves you at about 4xx million...

I'd say your chances are even slimmer than the rest of us... You haven't been so lucky either on cashing in on the sugar daddy lotto either, so I'm thinking you just aren't that lucky to begin with...

However, I strongly agree with hiring ASB lol... Which is why he and I are going halvsies on our lotto tickets...
Actually - 1.3B jackpot sole winner is about $700M net....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #70
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
I would invest all of the money into coal that doesnt give off any heat when burned, just gives off smoke. We will call it smoal.

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #71
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I have never bought a ticket and don't plan to either.

Two things always surprise me. One is how much more excited people are when it is at $500 million than at $100 million (or even $20 million). I can't see how one would change my life much more than the other.

Second is that they say you win $500 million but the only way to get this payout is over many years. You really aren't winning what they say you are but I guess it helps sell tickets.

I am interested in running my life this way "I will give you the $5k for the car but I will pay you $1k per year for 5 years, without interest".
      01-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #72
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
I seriously would attempt to not go crazy. I don't need ferraris and lambos coming out my ears. Not gonna buy 14 vacation homes. I would make 1 nice upgrade house and travel full time. Probably pick up a few track cars and maybe some vintage things ive always loved.
Agree.....to a point.

Of course, I would pay off all my immediate family debt (parents really don't have any, BIL has debt though) and upgrade houses for them. This is kinda necessary as once people learn they are related to a lottery winner - you HAVE TO MOVE....either become a recluse or reside with other high net worth neighbors.

I would travel, own several exotics as toys, but most important - hire people to do all this maintenance and manual labor shit!!!
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #73
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With that level of $$ overnight....you become your own Equity/Hedge Firm overnight

With about $50 Mil invested in the right R/E assets - You are set for $3 to $5 Mil in annualized NOI
*sigh* it won't be anywhere near a billion... Let's say you are the LONE winner, you will presumably opt for the lump some vs annuity... Lump sum will be 800mill, give or take a few mill... Estimate just about half of that will go to Uncle Sam which leaves you at about 4xx million...

I'd say your chances are even slimmer than the rest of us... You haven't been so lucky either on cashing in on the sugar daddy lotto either, so I'm thinking you just aren't that lucky to begin with...

However, I strongly agree with hiring ASB lol... Which is why he and I are going halvsies on our lotto tickets...
Not if you take the lump sum... What kind of partner are you???!!

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #74
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok - math lesson time partner

$1.3B is the annuity payout. You are taxed on this as you receive the cash payments.

Taking the lump sum NETS you the lump sum, minus the taxes up front.

You don't pay taxes twice on the lump sum payout
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #75
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agree.....to a point.

Of course, I would pay off all my immediate family debt (parents really don't have any, BIL has debt though) and upgrade houses for them. This is kinda necessary as once people learn they are related to a lottery winner - you HAVE TO MOVE....either become a recluse or reside with other high net worth neighbors.

I would travel, own several exotics as toys, but most important - hire people to do all this maintenance and manual labor shit!!!
See I would keep all the car maintenance as a hobby and the track. I enjoy it being my thing just with some upgraded cars in addition.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #76
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Quote:
Agree.....to a point.

See I would keep all the car maintenance as a hobby and the track. I enjoy it being my thing just with some upgraded cars in addition.
Agree - never give up tinkering with stuff....just could afford bigger and faster stuff
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:50 AM   #77
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:

$1.3B is the annuity payout. You are taxed on this as you receive the cash payments.

Exactly why you will manage my billions
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #78
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agree - never give up tinkering with stuff....just could afford bigger and faster stuff
Wouldn't even go nuts maybe gt3rs and an acr and rework my e46 a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #79
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

Never wear the same pair of socks twice. Always new but pre washed by my "guy". Build a big block Prius that has a 1000w stereo that's loaded with heavy metal. Get a rocket pack to fly to Walmart for shampoo and toothpaste. Find a cure for diabetes.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #80
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

So how many 1Ms does that jackpot buy?

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #81
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Zero
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #82
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Depends on the state you live in.

https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
      01-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #83
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well... I hope you bought your tickets in FL besides CA and FL do not tax on lottery winnings...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #84
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Hope I'm not repeating.
But do you know that the POWERBALL company was involved in a scam. Something like their head of security inserted software that allowed him to go and buy a winning ticket. Believe he was caught and is serving 10-years and one of their executives was suspended.
Who knows how well and honest POWEBALL really is?
Article was in today's 1/10/16 Washington Post.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #85
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well... I hope you bought your tickets in FL besides CA and FL do not tax on lottery winnings...
FL only applies to State Income tax....can't speak on CA.....since I do not own property or a business there....someone Google it stat!!!!!
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #86
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Depends on the state you live in.

This is very true - I was speaking on net take home based on my state....
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #87
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

A few states don't have state tax on powerball.

I didn't realize federal tax on winnings was only 25%
      01-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #88
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Hope I'm not repeating.
But do you know that the POWERBALL company was involved in a scam. Something like their head of security inserted software that allowed him to go and buy a winning ticket. Believe he was caught and is serving 10-years and one of their executives was suspended.
Who knows how well and honest POWEBALL really is?
Article was in today's 1/10/16 Washington Post.
Number generator scam. Powerball and Mega Millions are old fashioned balls. Some claim the balls are rigged...because they're pissed they've never won.
Seeing an old old lady, who wouldn't survive winning much less knowing what to do, holding about 10 slips / 5 per slip, was kind of sad actually. She's probably rubbing her rabbits foot and filling out new slips right now.