BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Lol @ wanting your kids to grow up in a “white environment.”

I feel bad for you if you’ve been interacting with people throughout your life that treat you or others differently because of an accent.
Appreciate 3
      12-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #24
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I don't see the big deal wanting to live in a white area :shrug:

Maybe he wants his kids to play in the street after school instead of going to Art class, Sunday "English" school, kumon, math tutoring, and then practice for badminton.
Appreciate 2
      12-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #25
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
He wants his kids to be more like

and less like

Lol I think this is fairly accurate. I really hope they don't end up Kardashian like but hey.... at least in their own way, they make money
      12-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #26
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:

Maybe he wants his kids to play in the street after school instead of going to Art class, Sunday "English" school, kumon, math tutoring, and then practice for badminton.
I'm Chinese, played outside on the street and went to public school and I turned out just fine (ok that's debatable). I'm glad I wasn't raised around spoiled brats though.
Appreciate 2
      12-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #27
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Quote:

I'm Chinese, played outside on the street and went to public school and I turned out just fine (ok that's debatable). I'm glad I wasn't raised around spoiled brats though.
Yea see that's the thing. When you and I grew up, we didn't have to worry about "spoiled kids" everywhere or at least there was 1 or 2 but they knew how to respect themselves and others around them, but nowadays come on, I drive by my old high school of Arcadia and I see Ferrari's and lambos...... like wth is up with that. At least know the value of a dollar and know what it means to be "lucky"
      12-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #28
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkTyrion View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yea see that's the thing. When you and I grew up, we didn't have to worry about "spoiled kids" everywhere or at least there was 1 or 2 but they knew how to respect themselves and others around them, but nowadays come on, I drive by my old high school of Arcadia and I see Ferrari's and lambos...... like wth is up with that. At least know the value of a dollar and know what it means to be "lucky"
So what you should be looking for is a middle-class, multi-ethnic, low-crime area and not necessarily a "white environment".
Appreciate 3
      12-28-2017, 04:05 PM   #29
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
So what you should be looking for is a middle-class, multi-ethnic, low-crime area and not necessarily a "white environment".
I would say Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village fits that bill more so than Calabasas. There are more middle-class areas in TO/WV than Calabasas; plus in the summer, it's hotter in Calabasas than TO/WV.

Oh yeah, Calabasas is closer to the Valley too

You should look into Agoura Hills area also.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #30
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
Quote:
I would say Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village fits that bill more so than Calabasas. There are more middle-class areas in TO/WV than Calabasas; plus in the summer, it's hotter in Calabasas than TO/WV.

Oh yeah, Calabasas is closer to the Valley too

You should look into Agoura Hills area also.
Yes I have looked at some in those areas. Found one in Westlake that has access to a lake lol. Found some in Thousand Oaks as week and I'm not too fond of the house itself but area wise I agree. Just need to find something both me and the wife can agree on. Overall though I believe areas over there are "somewhat worth" the money.
      12-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #31
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Not sure why you are looking that far north when you drive to Anaheim for court..

Move to Santa Ana - Floral Park

You will get a nice neighborhood and be close to people who have work ethic and don't necessarily take everything for granted.

You are also close to Anaheim as well as the freeway to get to Rosemead.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #32
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Not sure why you are looking that far north when you drive to Anaheim for court..

You will get a nice neighborhood and be close to people who have work ethic and don't necessarily take everything for granted.

Im switching careers cause I found myself financially fortunate enough to go into real estate development. I probably should've made that more clear on the first post. My bad
      12-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #33
Titan9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e39 and e60 M5

Quote:

Incredible what $795k buys you in SoCal. If any of you all have Toyota friends who relocated to North Texas ask them what $795 gets you...
Appreciate 2
      12-28-2017, 06:27 PM   #34
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan9 View Post
Quote:

Incredible what $795k buys you in SoCal. If any of you all have Toyota friends who relocated to North Texas ask them what $795 gets you...
It would get me one of the nicest houses in a three County radius
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #35
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It would get me one of the nicest houses in a three County radius
For real? Dam I'm kinda jealous xD especially since it's actually no longer safe to say "I'm a republican" in cali
      12-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #36
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
795K in san bernardino even riverside county will get you tons of house.

My cousin use to live in tarzana back in the day and that shit was dumb expensive.
      12-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #37
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
795K in san bernardino even riverside county will get you tons of house.

My cousin use to live in tarzana back in the day and that shit was dumb expensive.
That's because there isn't a whole lot out there, it's kinda in the middle of nowhere. I have co-workers who commute from Riverside because houses are cheaper but you spend hours commuting and that's gas and mileage.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #38
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
That's because there isn't a whole lot out there, it's kinda in the middle of nowhere. I have co-workers who commute from Riverside because houses are cheaper but you spend hours commuting and that's gas and mileage.
agreed. my girl commutes from riverside to anaheim daily, fhl.
      12-28-2017, 11:09 PM   #39
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

So wait are you white and want a white neighborhood or are you Asian and want a white neighborhood? Not quite sure which is worse... actually no, the later is worse, definitely.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 11:46 PM   #40
DrunkTyrion
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So wait are you white and want a white neighborhood or are you Asian and want a white neighborhood? Not quite sure which is worse... actually no, the later is worse, definitely.
Lol then I guess I'm the worst. I'm Asian
      12-29-2017, 01:57 AM   #41
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by so0fresh View Post
whats wrong with chino hills? lol
Lavar Ball.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2017, 02:03 AM   #42
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

It's easy to chide OP and call him racist or what not but I bet all of you regularly make subconscious assumptions based on race. At least this guy acknowledges and admits it.

I grew up around upper middle class white and asian people and it was ideal. Both groups, moreso the asians, came from families that valued education, extracurricular activities, yada yada.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 10:38 AM   #43
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
It's easy to chide OP and call him racist or what not but I bet all of you regularly make subconscious assumptions based on race. At least this guy acknowledges and admits it.

I grew up around upper middle class white and asian people and it was ideal. Both groups, moreso the asians, came from families that valued education, extracurricular activities, yada yada.
No one wants to live in the ghetto. I don't want to live with ghetto asians, or ghetto hispanics or blacks or red necks or whatever. I want to live in a good neighborhood. However as long as it's a good neighborhood I really don't give a shit what race lives in it. I have no issues with non-ghetto anything.

OP on the other hand seems like he just wants to turn his kid into a white kid. Hoping some whiteness will rub off by being around white people or something.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #44
NicoleLusts4BMW
BeachBitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M Package 20" wheels

Nothing wrong with wanting to be around your own culture. Whates get slammed for wanting that but Asians are mostly if not always with their own culture. But hey they're not racist are they.
Appreciate 0