Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

04-30-2024, 07:11 AM   #1
davidwtanner1999
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 eDrive35

BMW eDrive35 2024 - Charging Mode keeps changing without me adjusting it

Hi, I have had my BMW eDrive35 not even a week and I am really struggling with the charging.

I am with Octopus (Intelligent Octopus Go) and have cheaper charging hours between 11:30pm to 05:30am.

I have an Easee Home Charger and in the app I have set the charging schedule between 23:30 to 05:30.

In the BMW app, I have set the charging mode to 'Charge immediately' . I've also turned off departure times and automatic climate control for departure.

I plugged my home charger into the car at 22:00 and in BMW app I got a notification to say it was charging but then within 1 minute received a further notification saying that the charge had been paused (which is fine because in the Easee app) I've set my charging schedule from 23:30).

It's now 23:30 and my car has started charging (notifications received on my phone from both the MyBMW and Easee app). Come midnight, I get a notification from BMW app to saying Charging paused: "Charge in time slot" is active. Charging will start automatically at 17:11. I go into the BMW app and the charging mode has changed from immediately to "Charging in time slot (17:11-21:57).

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Can I get some advice on how I can overcome this?

Thank you
Appreciate 0