Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #1079
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86 View Post
Sounds like the intro to a bang bros gym feature "welcome to the sausage dojo"
...I like where your head is at.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #1080
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Might as well kick it off with a couple newb questions:

Sometimes, I'd say 50% of the time, on shoulder day I end up with a headache the same night or the following day. This happen to anyone else?

Also, what are your secret shoulder exercises (includes traps)?
What's probably happening is there is tension forming in your neck/shoulders resulting in a tension headache. This is especially true if you like to push heavy weight overhead like I do. Try spending some time stretching your neck/traps following a shoulder workout and invest in a monthly massage. As for the secret to boulder shoulders (...genetic potential aside).....

....heavy overhead presses with both barbell and dumbbells, reverse flies, and..........probably surprisingly, bent-over barbell rows. The secret to massive shoulders/traps is depth. The more depth and density you add to your anterior/posterior shoulder muscles, the bigger you will appear.

P.S. Heavy dead lifts will build you some traps yo!
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #1081
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I don't remember if I ever posted these, but I figured that I should add them to this thread....

Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #1082
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
What's probably happening is there is tension forming in your neck/shoulders resulting in a tension headache. This is especially true if you like to push heavy weight overhead like I do. Try spending some time stretching your neck/traps following a shoulder workout and invest in a monthly massage. As for the secret to boulder shoulders (...genetic potential aside).....

....heavy overhead presses with both barbell and dumbbells, reverse flies, and..........probably surprisingly, bent-over barbell rows. The secret to massive shoulders/traps is depth. The more depth and density you add to your anterior/posterior shoulder muscles, the bigger you will appear.

P.S. Heavy dead lifts will build you some traps yo!
I don't know if I want to look like Goldberg but I'm pushing ok weight with dumbbell press, barbell I use the smith machine because my gym doesn't have a way to really do it otherwise, I will alternate using a barbell while standing, but lower weight.

I cruised through youre instagram pictures and, after seeing you post in my other thread, have to ask. How do you get abs like that and still eat some cheese burgers?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #1083
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if I want to look like Goldberg but I'm pushing ok weight with dumbbell press, barbell I use the smith machine because my gym doesn't have a way to really do it otherwise, I will alternate using a barbell while standing, but lower weight.

I cruised through your instagram pictures and, after seeing you post in my other thread, have to ask. How do you get abs like that and still eat some cheese burgers?
Skip the Smith and move to the free weight barbell, and utilize the squat rack as a fail safe. The trick to the overhead press with a barbell is a strong back/abdominal section....

...and technique.

As to your other question.........wait for it.........

....moderation. There's nothing wrong with a cheeseburger or some pizza. It's simple: calories in < calories out.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #1084
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Skip the Smith and move to the free weight barbell, and utilize the squat rack as a fail safe. The trick to the overhead press with a barbell is a strong back/abdominal section....

...and technique.

As to your other question.........wait for it.........

....moderation. There's nothing wrong with a cheeseburger or some pizza. It's simple: calories in < calories out.
Does your cardio only come from the stair stepper?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #1085
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Does your cardio only come from the stair stepper?
When it comes to the gym.....yep! I will stair climb for 45-60 minutes at a slow pace. When I'm cutting, I do 45-60 minutes in the morning (..fasted) and 45-60 minutes in the evening whether I lift or not, and usually only 5 out of 7 days. Running burns too much muscle, and the elliptical just isn't as effective. Walking on the treadmill at an incline is an alternative if I'm not up to stepping for an hour.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #1086
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When it comes to the gym.....yep! I will stair climb for 45-60 minutes at a slow pace. When I'm cutting, I do 45-60 minutes in the morning (..fasted) and 45-60 minutes in the evening whether I lift or not, and usually only 5 out of 7 days. Running burns too much muscle, and the elliptical just isn't as effective. Walking on the treadmill at an incline is an alternative if I'm not up to stepping for an hour.
I know everyones body is different, everyones goals, etc so for instance, I'll likely never be in a true cutting stage because I will never get big enough to need to cut, however, I like to challenge myself and vary things. Lately it's been a shit load of cardio, and very consistent cardio. I rarely did the stair stepper because I thought it wasn't for me, but maybe it is.

I pass on the ellipical unless I want to pretend I'm doing a workout. I usually aim toward HIIT via treadmill or high incline walking.

Another question, what you training today, and what is for dinner?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #1087
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86
Quote:
I know everyones body is different, everyones goals, etc so for instance, I'll likely never be in a true cutting stage because I will never get big enough to need to cut, however, I like to challenge myself and vary things. Lately it's been a shit load of cardio, and very consistent cardio. I rarely did the stair stepper because I thought it wasn't for me, but maybe it is.

I pass on the ellipical unless I want to pretend I'm doing a workout. I usually aim toward HIIT via treadmill or high incline walking.

Another question, what you training today, and what is for dinner?
Today I am doing Power Cleans, Power Shrugs, box jumps and pull-ups. Dinner will probably be a teriyaki chicken bowl with white rice and broccoli on the side.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #1088
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Today I am doing Power Cleans, Power Shrugs, box jumps and pull-ups. Dinner will probably be a teriyaki chicken bowl with white rice and broccoli on the side.
any reason why white rice over brown?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 05:31 PM   #1089
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
any reason why white rice over brown?
There isn't really a significant nutritional benefit in choosing brown over white (..aside from the dietary fiber). Your body processes them the same. I don't care for the taste of brown rice so I stick with white. I get plenty of fiber from other sources, so the 3-ish grams per serving that brown rice offers over white is inconsequential to my overall diet. Keep in mind that there are various types of white and brown rice, so my statement was generalized.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #1090
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There isn't really a significant nutritional benefit in choosing brown over white (..aside from the dietary fiber). Your body processes them the same. I don't care for the taste of brown rice so I stick with white. I get plenty of fiber from other sources, so the 3-ish grams per serving that brown rice offers over white is inconsequential to my overall diet. Keep in mind that there are various types of white and brown rice, so my statement was generalized.
this is so much easier than Googling.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 08:58 PM   #1091
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
My taste and GI seems to favor white rice over brown, as well as most other carbs. Finally broke down and bought a kick ass rice steamer. I'm happy to consume about 1 cup of rice just about every day now.
      03-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #1092
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
My taste and GI seems to favor white rice over brown, as well as most other carbs. Finally broke down and bought a kick ass rice steamer. I'm happy to consume about 1 cup of rice just about every day now.
I need a rice steamer too. I suck at using a rice cooker, but an Asian friend of mine just gave me the inside trick: the finger measuring method. Apparently it makes perfect rice every single time.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #1093
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I need a rice steamer too. I suck at using a rice cooker, but an Asian friend of mine just gave me the inside trick: the finger measuring method. Apparently it makes perfect rice every single time.
Man, the one i got is awesome. 2 scoops of dry rice = filling bowl to level 2. Put it all together and hit start. The thing chimes and perfect rice, every time. Makes up to 10 cups of cooked rice at one time!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

Edit: i may have missed a joke...

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 03-01-2016 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #1094
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Man, the one i got is awesome. 2 scoops of dry rice = filling bowl to level 2. Put it all together and hit start. The thing chimes and perfect rice, every time. Makes up to 10 cups of cooked rice at one time!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o03_s00

Edit: i may have missed a joke...
Oh damn! That thing is fresh.

P.S. No joke! The finger method is real.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #1095
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh damn! That thing is fresh.

It kicks ass. You can choose regular, soft, sticky, hard or sushi rice. Also makes oatmeal. Push the start button and forget about it. Automatically keeps it warm after finished cooking. Cleans up in less than 1 min. Just rinse, wipe and dry.

Fricken smells awesome when it's cooking the rice too!
      03-01-2016, 09:25 PM   #1096
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
It kicks ass. You can choose regular, soft, sticky, hard or sushi rice. Also makes oatmeal. Push the start button and forget about it. Automatically keeps it warm after finished cooking. Cleans up in less than 1 min. Just wipe it clean.

Fricken smells awesome when it's cooking the rice too!
Was that the best price that you found for that particular cooker?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #1097
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Was that the best price that you found for that particular cooker?
It's been about 6 months since i purchased it and i purchased it through Amazon. So that must have been it. At the same time i bought a K-cup coffee maker for my office from a different website, so i know i was checking around.
      03-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #1098
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Asians say 2 fingers, Mexicans say 3. But the Mexicans FRY the rice first, so that makes some sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #1099
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep

I have a much simpler version of a rice cooker but it really did make my life so much easier after getting it.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #1100
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Hey Sedan_Clan you weren't that officer hit by the SUV on Donner Pass, I hope!
Appreciate 0