Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80, G01

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXXIX View Post
its one thing to put on rims **OF THE SAME BRAND**, but of another brand? come on
It's the same freaking thing.... Who cares if you buy a BBS, Volks, HRE, Breyton, Enkei, Hartge, BMW, Audi, Merc, etc... It's a wheel from another brand and not everyone changes the center caps when they buy different wheels.

Just get what makes you happy. For VW, having Porsches/Audi/VAG rims... who the hell cares... If you look closely at these cars... there's VW all over the place... Same with Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti... (windows, engine parts/components...)

When you get dressed do you wear the same brand shirt/jeans/shoes/accessories? I'm sure if you're rocking your ralph lauren polo, you're not also rocking jeans, loafers and sun glasses from them too.

It seems that everyone here is so brand conscience and what ever brand that person is displaying is what we will judge their status as. Thus BMW is the best brand car, best performing car, best XYZ car in the world PERIOD! BMW owners always mod their cars tastefully... (Although I see many threads on here that say otherwise...)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #46
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Seriously, i have a similar problem. Love the cars but not the preferences of the people who drive them.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #47
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
..not my bro's but what's wrong with this guy? Phaeton wheels on a Jetta I guess he wants to look more upscale

looks sick. nothing wrong with that. people put same brand/diff model wheels on all the time. anything from the OE selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post

Merc wheels look great imo, it probably weirds out some of you guys. I'm guessing most here wouldn't want Merc wheels on their S4 though
no, those also look sick, but he needs to change the goddamn caps. it's not a merc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoko View Post
And don't forget all those people putting CSL rims on their E46... and M6 Rims on the e9x....
yup bimmer wheels on a bimmer. no need to change shit.
Quote:
its one thing to put on rims **OF THE SAME BRAND**, but of another brand? come on
exactly, i don't get what these guys don't understand.
Quote:
It's the same freaking thing.... Who cares if you buy a BBS, Volks, HRE, Breyton, Enkei, Hartge, BMW, Audi, Merc, etc... It's a wheel from another brand and not everyone changes the center caps when they buy different wheels.

Just get what makes you happy. For VW, having Porsches/Audi/VAG rims... who the hell cares... If you look closely at these cars... there's VW all over the place... Same with Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti... (windows, engine parts/components...)

When you get dressed do you wear the same brand shirt/jeans/shoes/accessories? I'm sure if you're rocking your ralph lauren polo, you're not also rocking jeans, loafers and sun glasses from them too.

It seems that everyone here is so brand conscience and what ever brand that person is displaying is what we will judge their status as. Thus BMW is the best brand car, best performing car, best XYZ car in the world PERIOD! BMW owners always mod their cars tastefully... (Although I see many threads on here that say otherwise...)
no, it's not the same freakin thing.

you don't rock style 230s on a civic and leave roundels on. take the roundels off and it's good.

buying aftermarket is different. they're made for all sorts of cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #48
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Never been a fan of Bmw.A lot of owners are clueless and sadly buy them as status symbol and will pick on anything. Who cares about little details if the car looks nice and the owner likes it what does it change in your life?

The dumbest thing I heard is that people try to make their cars look more expensive by sporting wheels from other brands. Give me a break....Again what does it change in your life?
I don't think this guy would want to fool people by sporting Gallardo wheels. You guys should go on vwvortex.com and search for sawblades.....people rock C4 Vette rims on their Vw. I still hang out there and people are much more friendly and they don't worry about calling a salesman a CA, they don't worry about ZCP, ZSP, bluetooth...some do but not the majority.

I had hopes that the forums here would be more performance-gearhead-car appreciating car crowd who can still appreciate a 11 sec CRX, or 9's Camaro , Miata's with 5.0 V8, LS1 RX7 , Beetle with STI engine etc....Anybody can go buy a bimmer while modding a car and get it right is more challeging. Personally I'm done with that but I still appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #49
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I don't think you guys understand the point tortfeasor is trying to make. BMW rims on a BMW are fine, VW rims on any kind of VW are also fine. Its when you start brand swapping, it looks a little lame.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #50
audiprotein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi a4

MB wheels are 5x112, thats why a lot of Audi guys use them, as well as a lot of other VAG cars/wheels.
Here, watch this guys
Worthersee Tour 2009 Teaser on Vimeo
New Film on Vimeo
      08-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #51
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Never been a fan of Bmw.A lot of owners are clueless and sadly buy them as status symbol and will pick on anything. Who cares about little details if the car looks nice and the owner likes it what does it change in your life?

The dumbest thing I heard is that people try to make their cars look more expensive by sporting wheels from other brands. Give me a break....Again what does it change in your life?
I don't think this guy would want to fool people by sporting Gallardo wheels. You guys should go on vwvortex.com and search for sawblades.....people rock C4 Vette rims on their Vw. I still hang out there and people are much more friendly and they don't worry about calling a salesman a CA, they don't worry about ZCP, ZSP, bluetooth...some do but not the majority.

I had hopes that the forums here would be more performance-gearhead-car appreciating car crowd who can still appreciate a 11 sec CRX, or 9's Camaro , Miata's with 5.0 V8, LS1 RX7 , Beetle with STI engine etc....Anybody can go buy a bimmer while modding a car and get it right is more challeging. Personally I'm done with that but I still appreciate it.

don't know how you inferred all of that from this thread.

regardless, you seem to be missing the point. nobody cares if you're sporting a non OE style even if it's from another big name make. the only thing we're complaining about is the stupid wheel caps. that's all dude.

go to any of the tech subforums: suspension, engine (NA/FI), brakes, wheels etc. plenty of gearheads.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #52
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:

^ That...

This... v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post

you don't rock style 230s on a civic and leave roundels on. take the roundels off and it's good.

ALSO, i was stating that Bimmer owners put on BMW rims. even if its for a different class, theyre still BMW rims

if Audi owners put on BMW rims, (thats mad lame but...) at least change the roundel

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #53
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
At the very least, putting another car maker's badge on your car will make people question you, probably along the lines of "hey (stupid) did you not notice...." If you don't mind that, then fine, but mixing car brand names is a lot different than mixing part supplier names. Even if the shapes and colors work, it still looks like you shopped at a junkyard by taking parts off other cars.
      08-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #54
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Well ok I'm fine with the wheel swapping, AS LONG AS the badge is taken off.
Some different brand wheels do look good on those vw's.
Ghetto slam is another story
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #55
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

That's what the VW scene is all about...

Stop being a bunch of haters and embrace it.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #56
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
Stop being a bunch of haters and embrace it.
      08-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #57
kyoko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80, G01

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
ALSO, i was stating that Bimmer owners put on BMW rims. even if its for a different class, theyre still BMW rims

if Audi owners put on BMW rims, (thats mad lame but...) at least change the roundel
So what you are saying is that it's okay to put anything from BMW on my BMW? Even if it's from a different class. Since it's all BMW?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post

I have no problem with the Honda enthusiast that puts on BMW rims on their car (and leaves the badge in) or takes other things BMW-like (Halos) and puts them on their car. I wouldn't do it, but if they like it whatever... I guess they did the job, because now you're talking about his car and it's getting attention.

Probably you're more upset, cause a BMW badge shouldn't be on a Honda. That waters down the brand and we didn't spend so much money on our cars to have it associated with these "lesser" cars. In this particular case, all these upscale brands shouldn't be associated with a VW, even thou VAG owns the majority all of them.

You'll be surprised that there are people out there that don't really care about brands and just buy something that they think looks nice. As was stated before, it's their scene, don't try to change it just embrace it...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #58
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
I don't think you guys understand the point tortfeasor is trying to make. BMW rims on a BMW are fine, VW rims on any kind of VW are also fine. Its when you start brand swapping, it looks a little lame.
+1. Especially when it's a more prestigious brand wheels on a cheaper brand car. It's like an M3 badge on a Honda: screams "wannabe". It's funny how many people in the VW thread actually liked the setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #59
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
+1. Especially when it's a more prestigious brand wheels on a cheaper brand car. It's like an M3 badge on a Honda: screams "wannabe". It's funny how many people in the VW thread actually liked the setup.
As said, it is their scene and while it may look silly to some of you, that's how they roll. BMW and VW scenes mod their cars totally different ways, let everybody do their thing.
      08-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #60
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

i seen an old 318 today(red) with ferrari caps on the wheels
      08-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #61
MeinBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Man .. some of you people make me ashamed to own a BMW .. I would say I can't beleive the things I am hearing, but sadly I can .. the BMW scene has been full of people that think they are better than everyone else, and shun anyone who steps outside of the "norm" when it comes to modding ...

I've got a ton of VAG friends that have a whole range of things done to their cars .. MB/Audi wheels and all .. I have an EOS sitting in the driveway that is going to be getting some MB wheels .. why? Because they look fucking sexy on the car .. not because I want my cheapo VW to be a better status symbol (that is if you can call a $33k car "cheap")

Some of you people need to get over yourselves .. you drive a BMW not a Ferrari .. your car is a dime a dozen .. and most likely the way it is modded is just like the other 10k cars on this site

To get so worked up about how a group of people mod their cars that you need to come here and post a thread to bitch about it to "like minded people" so they can back you up is just SAD

Not Stock...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #62
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
So what you are saying is that it's okay to put anything from BMW on my BMW? Even if it's from a different class. Since it's all BMW?!

I have no problem with the Honda enthusiast that puts on BMW rims on their car (and leaves the badge in) or takes other things BMW-like (Halos) and puts them on their car. I wouldn't do it, but if they like it whatever... I guess they did the job, because now you're talking about his car and it's getting attention.

Probably you're more upset, cause a BMW badge shouldn't be on a Honda. That waters down the brand and we didn't spend so much money on our cars to have it associated with these "lesser" cars. In this particular case, all these upscale brands shouldn't be associated with a VW, even thou VAG owns the majority all of them.

You'll be surprised that there are people out there that don't really care about brands and just buy something that they think looks nice. As was stated before, it's their scene, don't try to change it just embrace it...
yea thats exactly what im saying. we see it all the time on e90post. members using 189s, 162s, m3, m5, m6 reps...it all looks good. its one of our styles

heres what it comes down to...some dont care what they do, its their style. and others want to understand their style. thats all. and we do have our opinion

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #63
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinBMW View Post
Man .. some of you people make me ashamed to own a BMW .. I would say I can't beleive the things I am hearing, but sadly I can .. the BMW scene has been full of people that think they are better than everyone else, and shun anyone who steps outside of the "norm" when it comes to modding ...

I've got a ton of VAG friends that have a whole range of things done to their cars .. MB/Audi wheels and all .. I have an EOS sitting in the driveway that is going to be getting some MB wheels .. why? Because they look fucking sexy on the car .. not because I want my cheapo VW to be a better status symbol (that is if you can call a $33k car "cheap")

Some of you people need to get over yourselves .. you drive a BMW not a Ferrari .. your car is a dime a dozen .. and most likely the way it is modded is just like the other 10k cars on this site

To get so worked up about how a group of people mod their cars that you need to come here and post a thread to bitch about it to "like minded people" so they can back you up is just SAD

What does it have to do with the car I drive? I'd say the same thing about a BMW with a Ferrari badge and even if I drove a Hyundai I'd still think MB wheels on a VW looked ridiculous.

I don't care about approval from like-minded people either. I just happened to read the thread on this forum and respond to it. OP has a VW and is a member of the VW forum, and he already expressed his opinion there. I personally wouldn't create an account on that forum just to say I thought the wheels looked wannabe so I say that here.

Finally, your post actually is one of the most "worked up" replies to this thread. You have every right to call MB wheels on an EOS sexy and I have every right to call them wannabe-looking. Fortunately for both of us we have the Internt so no need to get worked up
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #64
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Some of you would fuck the BMW roundel if it had a hole in it. Calling someone a "wannabe" because he doesn't match his fucking center caps probably indicates that you are the badge whore, not him.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #65
TwoSaints
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I haven't read this entire thread but I just wanted to say that I came from the VW crowd before BMW. I actually really like the style that a lot of VW owners go for with their cars. It's been a VW thing for a LOOOOOOOOONG time and I'm happy it continues. I may not like everything everyone does but who cares. In a lot of ways I wish the BMW crowd was like the VAG crowd. I always loved driving across the country for different events with 50+ cars and planning trips, etc. It was always a good time. Back to the styling though, really... who cares.

Check out this site: http://dubaudi.com/gallery_video.html. It doesn't look like they have updated their site but it just shows you some of the fun these guys have.

This brings me to my next point. Am I just missing it or are there a bunch of BMW enthusiast events out there somewhere? I've head of a few but not many.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #66
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Probably you're more upset,

cause a BMW badge shouldn't be on a Honda.
they shouldn't be.

That waters down the brand and we didn't spend so much money on our cars to have it associated with these "lesser" cars.
and this isn't why.

In this particular case, all these upscale brands shouldn't be associated with a VW, even thou VAG owns the majority all of them.

i really don't give a shit what they do. i'm saying it's wrong. a roundel goes on a bmw cuz it's a BMW. a VAG logo can go on VAG models, because that's what they are. i couldn't give a damn if it is or isn't specifically related to bmw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinBMW View Post

I've got a ton of VAG friends that have a whole range of things done to their cars .. MB/Audi wheels and all .. I have an EOS sitting in the driveway that is going to be getting some MB wheels .. why?
Because they look fucking sexy on the car ..
yes they do. but fix the badges.
not because I want my cheapo VW to be a better status symbol (that is if you can call a $33k car "cheap")

has nothing to do with bmws. i would've said the same exact thing two years ago when i drove my civic.

fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
What does it have to do with the car I drive? I'd say the same thing about a BMW with a Ferrari badge and even if I drove a Hyundai I'd still think MB wheels on a VW looked ridiculous.

I don't care about approval from like-minded people either. I just happened to read the thread on this forum and respond to it. OP has a VW and is a member of the VW forum, and he already expressed his opinion there. I personally wouldn't create an account on that forum just to say I thought the wheels looked wannabe so I say that here.

Finally, your post actually is one of the most "worked up" replies to this thread. You have every right to call MB wheels on an EOS sexy and I have every right to call them wannabe-looking. Fortunately for both of us we have the Internt so no need to get worked up
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Some of you would fuck the BMW roundel if it had a hole in it. Calling someone a "wannabe" because he doesn't match his fucking center caps probably indicates that you are the badge whore, not him.
best not be implying me.
Appreciate 0