08-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #111
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
i just got a jetta tdi close to 2 months ago and already have like 10k miles on it lol
it's all that trafficking.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #112
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
i just got a jetta tdi close to 2 months ago and already have like 10k miles on it lol
If the sportwagen tdi came with more options like the JSW SEL I would have gotten the tdi. But apparently VWNA thinks people that buy the tdi aren't interested in power/memory leather seats, climate control, homelink, better audio, multifunction steering wheels and 17'' rims

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #113
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
Pretty harsh to judge an entire forum base on one post.

Vortex might have changed in the last couple years but when I frequented the site there were a lot of friendly and helpful people there. I would even say less douchebags than you find here sometimes.
Yup. I used to frequent the Vortex back in '01, when deep dish and shaved door handles were in and stretch and poke was just beginning to catch on. Lots of cool people on there.

Even now, the majority of the VW owners I know are great people. Very unique, and out of the box, great people.

Props to the VW crowd for going against the norm.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #114
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@Jlevi SW View Post
Yup. I used to frequent the Vortex back in '01, when deep dish and shaved door handles were in and stretch and poke was just beginning to catch on. Lots of cool people on there.

Even now, the majority of the VW owners I know are great people. Very unique, and out of the box, great people.

Props to the VW crowd for going against the norm.
I agree with the OP and I also agree with this post ... but I don't care how 'out of the box you are' - if you are going to use OEM wheels from another maker, change the damn caps.
________
William Clay Ford, Sr. picture
________
DODGE CHARGER (LX)

Last edited by stimpy; 02-18-2011 at 05:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #115
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiprotein View Post
MB wheels are 5x112, thats why a lot of Audi guys use them, as well as a lot of other VAG cars/wheels.
Here, watch this guys
Worthersee Tour 2009 Teaser on Vimeo
New Film on Vimeo
Sorry for the OT, but those are awesome vids! Anyone have anything like that with BMWs?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #116
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I agree with the OP and I also agree with this post ... but I don't care how 'out of the box you are' - if you are going to use OEM wheels from another maker, change the damn caps.
I can agree with this. Very few cars pull it off, but most look out of place with another manufacturer's center caps.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #117
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

Quote:
I'm going to have to disagree with this. . .

The VW scene is all about being different, that's the style and there will always be haters. Brand swapping, poke, streched tire. . . it's all part of the community.

It's not at all the fact that people who own VW's don't know what brand of car they're driving, like mentioned before, it's just a style. The caps are a part of the wheel, swapping them would take away from the 'uniqueness' of the look. Why does it bother you? I'll never know....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #118
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Quote:
People prefer changing the caps, I get that. But it isn't like all those wheels have interchangeable caps with each other. Sometimes the only choice is to leave them on.
      09-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #119
Rudedog
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
People prefer changing the caps, I get that. But it isn't like all those wheels have interchangeable caps with each other. Sometimes the only choice is to leave them on.
I rock Mercedes wheel on my TT and they look great I must add
You are right, I searched forever trying to find Audi caps and even Ronal caps (since Ronal is the actual manufacturer of the wheels and not Mercedes) and i still came up empty... I still didn't want to leave Mercedes caps, so i got a friend to fab up something (vinyl = temporary solution) and it actually looked good and still have them to this day, 2+ years later.

The new B8 A4/S4 and A5/S5 have a new centerbore of 66.6 (same as Mercedes), oppose to the regular 57.1 of all VW/Audi. So with this new larger center bore i hope come the right size center caps for my benz wheels!
Appreciate 0