08-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #45
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSPEM3 View Post
That is a bit harsh, don't you think?
The segment of BQE between Prospect Expressway and 65th St exits is perfectly straight and can be quite deserted at night... kind of like the Mulsanne Straight in Le Mans 24.
Weaving in and out of traffic is reckless driving. Letting the engine sing in the dead of night is not.
It's not safe. Period.

-Jones Beach
-Ocean Parkway
-Robert Moses

Whats wrong with those?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #46
skimmilk20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 6 spd MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Tell your "friend"...he's an irresponsible asshole!!! Not only do I hope the ticket sticks, but I hope at some point "your friend" loses his license. There is not one place in NYC where it is safe to do 80...let alone 101!!!

You miserable cocksucker...I have an 11 day old son...who I am comfortable to say is "now the center of my life". You (sorry "your friend")...being as irresponsible and thoughtless as he is...put HIM in danger.

In NYC...there is nowhere to go...nowhere to get out of the way...you create an unsafe scenario for the millions of pedestrians in this city...at ANY time of day...in ANY part of NYC. Day to day...you assholes never stop amazing me in the streets.

There are PLENTY of places outside the city to USE your car. PLENTY...why do it here and put all of US in danger?

Tell him to do me a favor and either stay home, drop dead or GROW THE FUCK UP...damn...if I had the chance the right now I'd ring your fucking neck.

"Your friend" is a MORON!!! You don't need "friends" like that...
Wow..umm first of all, it's really "my friend" and not me...so.. grow up

Secondly, no one is driving 100mph down east village or the meat packing plowing down innocent drunk people, so relax

Yeah, irresponsible and stupid I agree, but NYC (to those who don't live there) includes 4 other boroughs outside Manhattan. This happened on Cross Island, at 2am in the morning - on his way home from seeing a friend.

--thanks for all the other constructive advise
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #47
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimmilk20 View Post
Wow..umm first of all, it's really "my friend" and not me...so.. grow up

Secondly, no one is driving 100mph down east village or the meat packing plowing down innocent drunk people, so relax

Yeah, irresponsible and stupid I agree, but NYC (to those who don't live there) includes 4 other boroughs outside Manhattan. This happened on Cross Island, at 2am in the morning - on his way home from seeing a friend.

--thanks for all the other constructive advise
-Many...many Jackasses (probably your cousins) "rip sh-t up" in Manhattan, especially at night...on the streets...on the Avenues...everywhere.
-Most People who refer to New York City, are referring to "Manhattan". Do you honestly think that people outside the tri-state area...who talk about New York City...are really referring to Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island or the Boogie Down?
-The Cross Island is dangerous as hell also.

There is no such thing as constructive advice for "your friend" outsiee of telling him to either "Grow up" or "drop dead".
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #48
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
-Many...many Jackasses (probably your cousins) "rip sh-t up" in Manhattan, especially at night...on the streets...on the Avenues...everywhere.
-Most People who refer to New York City, are referring to "Manhattan". Do you honestly think that people outside the tri-state area...who talk about New York City...are really referring to Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island or the Boogie Down?
-The Cross Island is dangerous as hell also.

There is no such thing as constructive advice for "your friend" outsiee of telling him to either "Grow up" or "drop dead".
Sorry, but I think you completely overreacted without knowing every detail of the story at hand...
2001 M5 Jet Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #49
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
The fact of the matter is, we all make mistakes whether its with speeding or whether it with women

Unfortunately, he was really moving and got caught.
2001 M5 Jet Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #50
skimmilk20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 6 spd MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arustik1 View Post
The fact of the matter is, we all make mistakes whether its with speeding or whether it with women

Unfortunately, he was really moving and got caught.
Thanks to the above.

I'd like to just avoid the moral debate over speeding. We all do it, most of us anyway, at some point. This guy is one of the most responsible and NON-AGGRESSIVE people I know (outside of what just happened...hah).

All I was fishing for was some advice on other people who have been in this situation, with no prior record of any kind - and what they did to get out of it.
Appreciate 0