Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #45
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Perfect, thanks.
      03-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #46
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
looks like your about 14% bodyfat, i have no problem eating like that and staying at 13%
to get down to the 9% I am now i had to clean it up and reduce calories.
I am now eating about 1500-1800 cals a day as i am still cutting trying to get to 8% by summer, and keep as much muscle as I can. The less salt you have the less water you hold which also makes you look leaner.
my diet consists of
breakfast:
2eggs cooked in olive oil
protein shack

snack 1: bananna,
nuts and raisins up to lunch

lunch: chicken breast and .5 cup of brown rice

optional snack 2: either nuts and raisins or a TBL spoon of peanut butter

dinner: chicken breast and .5 cup of brown rice

optional snack 3: protein pudding and a glass of milk.
weekends i eat normal, but keep calories under 2500.
this diet helps me lose fat pretty quickly

for my exercise routine, i do very little cardio, but am starting to run more like 2 miles on saturday.
I following a heavy powerlifting style workout working all my muscle groups, lifting about 2 times a week, but will go back up to 4 days a week once i break from school.

last summer i bulked up to 195lbs @14%, then cut down to 180lbs at 10% by the end of fall, rebulked up this winter to 200lbs @13%, now am at 183lbs @9%, trying to get to 8% by summer, then will slow bulk up to 190lbs hopefully at no more then 11%. I am 5'8"

diet is very important, but if you dont have any muscle there, which most dont at 140ish lbs, your abs arent going to be that sharp.
I do heavy ab work, like incline situps with a 50lb dumbbell or other exercises that are heavy. I also do deep heavy squats which helps the abs.
with my at 14% my abs show better then some at 12%
I'm 5'11"+ and 155lbs at 10% bodyfat. I eat about 1500-1800 calories a day the same as you. I've been doing a lot of running in the past 6 months so I've lost size all over but vastly improved fitness.

I'd love to put on 5 lbs of LBM and stay at 10% BF by adding some weight training.

I enjoy fitness training of all kinds and have done all sorts of things over the years. My wife is a triathlete so there's no shortage of diet and training talk at my house.

I'll be 45 this year and I can assure you it doesn't get any easier to have a six pack as you get older! :-)

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #47
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
please not Scooby he's a bumbling fucktard

brb consuming 0g fat and calling it a good diet
      03-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #48
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Diet is huge, but core (not just abs) is also often overlooked. I really like planks and push-ups, which involve more core than you think they would. I also do a lot of interval sprinting, which I've found to be great for getting more cut up. Also, not sure if this was mentioned, but skim milk is generally considered to be a great addition to any diet. Compound workouts (squats and deads mostly) are also fantastic for core strength.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 02:36 AM   #49
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
please not Scooby he's a bumbling fucktard

brb consuming 0g fat and calling it a good diet
Exactly .. so many people get that message "fat is bad" and they fuck up their diet. It's hard enough to get all the essential fatty acids you need without trying to avoid all fats.

Your body needs EFA to grow more LBM.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #50
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

Quote:
That's way too fast IMO. No need to starve yourself to see results. If that is your maintenance, try to keep cals ~2500 and see the results after 2 weeks.

Are you working out too?
im not starving myself, lol lately it has been 1800 cals and not on the low end. this diet works well for me as im able to lean down.
I have obviously lost strength from where i was at 190lbs as my squat went from 500lbs to 455lbs, bench went from 430 to 385 and deadlift went from 570 to 550, but i got the flu a while ago which i lost a lot of weight that took out my strength.

i do a powerlifting routine where i hit my chest, back, shoulders and calves one day, then legs and lower back the other.

i have a meet coming up in two weeks which i will cut to 165 and hopefully set some records in that class
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #51
TXe92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

These post are comming up more often than the HPFP! 2 thing: You need a routine.. switch that ever few weeks, along with eating well... and 2 contrary to what most people believe, running is not going to get you RIPPED.. I've actually been doing some research, and running slows your metabolism because it takes the bodies stored fats, and instead of using the food and protein provided ( whooooole nother discussion ).. but I would continue a routine workout, swimming, weight lifting... p90x is good.. w.e..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #52
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
I'm 5'11"+ and 155lbs at 10% bodyfat. I eat about 1500-1800 calories a day the same as you. I've been doing a lot of running in the past 6 months so I've lost size all over but vastly improved fitness.

I'd love to put on 5 lbs of LBM and stay at 10% BF by adding some weight training.

I enjoy fitness training of all kinds and have done all sorts of things over the years. My wife is a triathlete so there's no shortage of diet and training talk at my house.

I'll be 45 this year and I can assure you it doesn't get any easier to have a six pack as you get older! :-)
ya i know the older i get the more i have to get my diet in check, though since my ex-wife left me i am able to cook and eat healthier with out her complaining that the food was boring and her making a stink about it

to put on 5lbs of lbm id lift heavy, squat, bench, dead, chins and bump up your calories to 3500+, might put on a little fat but not a whole lot.
im sure it would be easier if you were still on HRT, i dont think im at that point yet where i need it but wont throw the possibility out of the window from when i get older as im only 32.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #53
TXe92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

You're not putting on any form of muscle by running every day.. promise you that..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #54
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Slow Carb Diet. Only thing that works for me, is cheap, easy, allows me to cheat one day, and eat as much as I want the rest of the time.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #55
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Slow Carb Diet. Only thing that works for me, is cheap, easy, allows me to cheat one day, and eat as much as I want the rest of the time.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/
LOLOLOL

In the last six weeks, I have cut from about 180 lbs. to 165 lbs., while adding about 10 lbs. of muscle

I stopped reading at this fucking garbage on that site.

EDIT:

Oh god it gets worse:

Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again

The most successful dieters, regardless of whether their goal is muscle gain or fat loss, eat the same few meals over and over again. Mix and match, constructing each meal with one from each of the three following groups:

Cliffs:

The Four Hour Body is a crock of brotard shit
      03-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #56
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
LOLOLOL

In the last six weeks, I have cut from about 180 lbs. to 165 lbs., while adding about 10 of muscle

Check out his new book the 4 hour body... he backs everything up with stats, scientific measurements and if you read through the comments people have had fantastic success with it.

I personally am a believer. Only thing that got me to under 10% BF.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #57
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Check out his new book the 4 hour body... he backs everything up with stats, scientific measurements and if you read through the comments people have had fantastic success with it.

I personally am a believer. Only thing that got me to under 10% BF.
Matt I am glad it worked for you; however it's terrible advice.

I read the link you posted and its bullshit.

You know why people binge??? Limiting themselves to only eating certain foods; thinking "junk food" like cookies, chocolate, ice cream etc. somehow opens your cells to hold fat and deflates muscle.

Tim Ferris is a dumb ass and it makes me furious that he preaches the shit he does.

Quote:
Eat as much as you like of the above food items. Just remember: keep it simple. Pick three or four meals and repeat them.
What kind of fucking advice is this?!?! Okay so I can eat 5k cals of his boring ass meals and think I'll lose weight?

Get real.
      03-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #58
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
LOLOLOL

In the last six weeks, I have cut from about 180 lbs. to 165 lbs., while adding about 10 lbs. of muscle

EDIT:

Oh god it gets worse:

Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again

The most successful dieters, regardless of whether their goal is muscle gain or fat loss, eat the same few meals over and over again. Mix and match, constructing each meal with one from each of the three following groups:

Cliffs:

The Four Hour Body is a crock of brotard shit
Just skimmed this. Agreed that when I see claims like, losing 15 lbs and gaining 10 lbs of muscle, I almost always just move on to something else. There is no diet [unless supplemented with steroids] that will is going to give any results remotely close to that.

I do understand what he's saying about eating the same thing. I just think he got his point across poorly. Eating from the same food groups just ensures that your always eating healthy. The lists of foods he has aren't bad, and encompassing them into all meals would certainly be a good thing.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #59
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Just skimmed this. Agreed that when I see claims like, losing 15 lbs and gaining 10 lbs of muscle, I almost always just move on to something else. There is no diet [unless supplemented with steroids] that will is going to give any results remotely close to that.

I do understand what he's saying about eating the same thing. I just think he got his point across poorly. Eating from the same food groups just ensures that your always eating healthy. The lists of foods he has aren't bad, and encompassing them into all meals would certainly be a good thing.
Would you like to eat the same three things everyday? Wouldn't it drive you insane?!

I don't disagree that the food list looks fine, but it shouldn't be the only thing one intakes.

The most important factor of a successful diet (to a normal Joe) IMO would be variety.

A lot of PTs at the gym preach old school shit; like when years ago BBers would only eat chicken, rice, broccoli - rinse and repeat x 6. All the while being scared of fat.

Times have changed (for those not aware).

1-1.5g of Protein per LBM
.4-1g of Fat per/lb

Want carbs? Bang. fill the rest of your cals with that.
      03-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #60
SHOWTIME
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe M-Sport

Have you considered an aftermarket tune for your body? That should do it
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #61
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Would you like to eat the same three things everyday? Wouldn't it drive you insane?!

I don't disagree that the food list looks fine, but it shouldn't be the only thing one intakes.

The most important factor of a successful diet (to a normal Joe) IMO would be variety.

A lot of PTs at the gym preach old school shit; like when years ago BBers would only eat chicken, rice, broccoli - rinse and repeat x 6. All the while being scared of fat.

Times have changed (for those not aware).

1-1.5g of Protein per LBM
.4-1g of Fat per/lb

Want carbs? Bang. fill the rest of your cals with that.
When I was really into body building I did eat the same things everyday, it is hard. I have a huge variety of what I eat though. I only skimmed that page, didn't read it very in depth at all. Seemed like a beginners guide, and when training beginners I keep it simple too.

I personally eat more protein than that, but I'm a real hard gainer.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #62
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperlativE90 View Post
Swim.
Trust me.
I rarely work out (Once a week at most), I eat whatever I want whenever I want, and I have a very toned body and am pretty much ripped.
Swimming is by far the best all-around exercise you can do to get into shape and to get your body fit.

Good luck
Agreed. When I was on a swim team in highschool, eating fast food all the time, my abs were shredded.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 05:44 AM   #63
New Guy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: A BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXe92 View Post
You're not putting on any form of muscle by running every day.. promise you that..
I run 3-4 miles almost everyday, it keeps me sane. If you saw my body it would make you think twice about what you read. I will agree that if i was trying to gain really big muscles i would neeed to cut down on the running.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #64
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
I run 3-4 miles almost everyday, it keeps me sane. If you saw my body it would make you think twice about what you read. I will agree that if i was trying to gain really big muscles i would neeed to cut down on the running.
Uhhhhh no thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #65
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Weight lifting helps a lot. To get toned: do more repetitions with less weight however it is essential to mix it up once every couple workouts with high weights/low repetitions. This will help you lose fat and then help you gain muscle. Cardio certainly helps lower fat but if you combine that with some dumbbells you'll be solid. BTW, I work out three to four times a week for twenty minutes per workout. I'm built because of it and am currently 180 lbs, 6'0. I used to be really fat but simple exercises have given me a really toned and sculpted body. But you sound like you're in pretty good shape so you are well within your means of achieving your six pack goal. Keep in mind that one of the best and most often forgotten things to do is breathing correctly. I don't know why but correct and rhythmic breathing makes workouts a whole lot easier, especially with ab exercises. I have buddies with toned abs and they said that without a diet it's impossible to get sculpted abs; I can't stand a day without eating something sweet so I gave up on getting really ripped abs.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #66
ddigangi
'Murica
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
low carbs and sugar products with low glycemic indexes, high protein, large amounts of water, working out 3-4 days a week, 3-4 days of cardio

varying speeds from consistent jogs to a minute of sprints in a total of about 30-40 minutes (any longer and youll get to a point where your burning muscle)

heavy weight, low reps = mass building
middle range to achieve tone and mass
low/mid weight, mid/high reps = tone and development

I blog at http://ddigangi.com
Appreciate 0