BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #23
adc100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Some liberals frighten easily...Actually; many of us that you categorize as liberals are more informed than many and don't bother watching trumpnews. You shouldn't either.
By the way, we don't understand your comment about frightening easily-are you sure about that? Seems like you are the one who is afraid. "Us" liberals" invaded Europe to kick the fascist asses and we are willing to do it again.
Please explain your comment.
Yea the EU is doing so well right now. EURO in the shitter and illegals (initially with european permission) over ruinning countries like France, Italy, Germany. You better rather assume defensive position. Ask Merkle.

Noticed you didn't respond to watching Communist News Network. Do you realize The "Communist Manifesto" has become irrelevant to many clear thinking folks?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 10:58 AM   #24
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.

:

Even though he knew which side we must come down on, he could make no overt maneuvers because this country, including Congress, was militantly isolationist at the time. There was opposition to war from both the right and the left. The right wingers were particularly adamant in their opposition. Some even wanted to join Hitler and attack Russia to clean out the communists. So, even though Roosevelt watched country after country fall into the German's hands in 1939, 1940 and 1941, he was unable to attempt a rescue because public support was not there.
http://www.worldwar2facts.org/franklin-roosevelt.html
Maybe it was because we did the exact same thing 21 years previously?
      10-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #25
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
This whole elections has consequences statement is complete garbage, a line that's useful for only the most useful of idiots.

In the end, a good president finds a way to not only represent those who elected him to power, but to convince the others of the correctness of his or their way.

As lups points out, if political power is used to punish or to gut the ones who oppose you rather then convince, well in other countries that's how civil wars and general discontent starts (you may look at recent events involving Saudi Arabia as an example of power used in the absolute wrong way).

Of course thankfully here we are not so extreme, but one thing is certain. One truism you can expect from our politics every time:

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If an action is done with the purpose to hurt, then you should expect the same in return. Yes the optics here are clear, retribution to "hurt the other side" and payback for travel ban rulings.

All this does is plant the seeds for a future gutting of each other's things of value.

It's a game that leads to nowhere.

Through our history we've learned to avoid this type of nonsense, as a calm society is a prosperous and safe society.

For those who think actions like this are good because of the short lived satisfaction of sticking it to your "enemies". Guess what, they will come to power at some point and they will stick activist judges in 2nd amendment states, etc. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this type of childishness goes.

And do not think there are limits to where these things can go once you really start down a path.

Yes yes I know there are many of you morons right now waiting to repeat some lines from your favorite political radio host at me. But before [b/]you mindlessly parrot something you heard, [/b]educate yourself on "court packing" by Fdr. When you push to hard against the will of the people, especially on their home turf you should expect to see some pushback with unintended consequences.

In the case of court packing, he was able to literally change the decisions of the court that went against the new deal.

Even after the civil war the north was gracious in re integrating the south as we wanted to get back to a normal and unified country. Maybee general Lee should have been hung with the slogan "wars have consequences". Maybee Lincoln and Johnson should have allowed the radical republicans to go and ravage the south of its culture, because after all the north won and "wars have consequences". I'm sure we would be a much better off country if we did that (this is sarcasm). Thankfully our forefathers were much smarter then we seem to be today.
The irony in your post..... lecturing everyone in civility...

Actually the Union did punish General Lee - the confiscated his plantation and land, and turned it into Arlington National Cemetery.

And the South was severely punished after the Civil War - look up "Reconstruction."

Most recently, Harry Reid chose the "nuclear option" in Congress, which both sides had managed to avoid for many decades, due to neither wanting later retribution from the other. Being fully warned, Reid and the Democrats did it anyway.

That has its consequences as well.
      10-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #26
Herdalum
G05 in production
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 2011 535i G05 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
This whole elections has consequences statement is complete garbage, a line that's useful for only the most useful of idiots.

In the end, a good president finds a way to not only represent those who elected him to power, but to convince the others of the correctness of his or their way.

As lups points out, if political power is used to punish or to gut the ones who oppose you rather then convince, well in other countries that's how civil wars and general discontent starts (you may look at recent events involving Saudi Arabia as an example of power used in the absolute wrong way).

Of course thankfully here we are not so extreme, but one thing is certain. One truism you can expect from our politics every time:

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If an action is done with the purpose to hurt, then you should expect the same in return. Yes the optics here are clear, retribution to "hurt the other side" and payback for travel ban rulings.

All this does is plant the seeds for a future gutting of each other's things of value.

It's a game that leads to nowhere.

Through our history we've learned to avoid this type of nonsense, as a calm society is a prosperous and safe society.

For those who think actions like this are good because of the short lived satisfaction of sticking it to your "enemies". Guess what, they will come to power at some point and they will stick activist judges in 2nd amendment states, etc. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this type of childishness goes.

And do not think there are limits to where these things can go once you really start down a path.

Yes yes I know there are many of you morons right now waiting to repeat some lines from your favorite political radio host at me. But before you mindlessly parrot something you heard, educate yourself on "court packing" by Fdr. When you push to hard against the will of the people, especially on their home turf you should expect to see some pushback with unintended consequences.

In the case of court packing, he was able to literally change the decisions of the court that went against the new deal.

Even after the civil war the north was gracious in re integrating the south as we wanted to get back to a normal and unified country. Maybee general Lee should have been hung with the slogan "wars have consequences". Maybee Lincoln and Johnson should have allowed the radical republicans to go and ravage the south of its culture, because after all the north won and "wars have consequences". I'm sure we would be a much better off country if we did that (this is sarcasm). Thankfully our forefathers were much smarter then we seem to be today.
“When you push to (sic) hard against the will of the people, especially on their home turf you should expect to see some pushback with unintended consequences. ”
Against the will of the people? So apparently only liberals are “the people”. But, yeah, we understand that when you go against them you’ll get consequences, like violence and anarchy... not unintended, though.
Appreciate 0