BMW i Forums > BMW i8 Forums > BMW i8 General Discussion

09-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #23
evanevery
Major
Rep
Drives: i8 Roadster, M4, Tesla MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthelimit View Post
Yes. And apps/hardware that I am developing. If only one could detect certain nearby radio frequencies and transmission methodolgies in real time... hmmmm.

I was referring to intellectual rights licensing agreements between an artist (content originator) and a label or distributor (licensee).

DRM was a required evil back in the day to get content into sales channels and on to media players (remember "PlaysForSure" LoL... until it doesn't). DRM certainly does have the ancillary benefit of lock-in for the distributor. (Obviously not beneficial for us "enjoyers", from the standpoint of content portability.) Labels were not gonna part with their artists' material any other way.

My approach to listening material is qualitative (audio-wise in this case). And high-quality high resolution digital content tends to still be a little hard to wrangle. It's like hydrogen gas... escapes through nearly everything. LoL

Exactly why I want a hot charging electronic device in front of an A/C vent.
Just to be clear... I'm not endorsing any copyright infringement. I design and manufacture Computer Forensic Hardware and Software, so I completely understand DRM and its purpose and implications. I just want to be able to listen to the music I purchased anywhere, anytime, and on any device I want.

...and if you have a device that gets hot enough to need its own conditioned air supply when charging, then you have a different problem... ;-)

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ht=fire+orange
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #24
evanevery
Major
Rep
Drives: i8 Roadster, M4, Tesla MX

Congratulations on your air-cooled rechargeable Ray Gun. Mine is water cooled...

;-)

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ht=fire+orange
Appreciate 0