Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-11-2022, 06:18 AM   #309
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Probably is it made from titanium because the Ferrari is a extreme lightweight car.
Same for MAX's DRS wing , the wing was so thin that it failed more than once .

And currently the RB18 is still 5 KG too heavy vs the Ferrari ...

- 5KG = 0.3 sec. faster

I just read that all the Ferrari PU's return to Maranello for further investigation..
Hardly surprising seing the predicament they're in with those fast but fragile PU's, wow that'll be a feat and I think they use that CEVA transport logistics firm for that advertised on their cars.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 06:24 AM   #310
M5Rick
General
Rep

Not a pretty sight and it's on the right side so guessing that oil came out from PU spraying on exhaust manifold which burst open the side pod and igniting as Brundle said.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6728.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #311
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Wow that was a great race, feel so bad for Carlos, Perez too... but such an exciting season so far and Austria was IMO very well raced, clean, mostly incidents out there. Gasly was a mistake on Vettel, not sure George's was worthy of a penalty as I felt Checo did turn in or at min had more room to fade outside while George was at inside limit and did best he could.

Happy for Chaz, Max got a podium and despite this thread's popular opinion to hate on HAM I think it's good to see Lewis up there and seeming like his spirits are turning around. I didn't like the booing at Lewis' crash... that's not cool at all, would say the same about any driver getting booed.

As far as stewards, the race was much more consistent than the quali and sprint. I do think the heavy push to monitor track limits and enforce made for a better race overall and kept drivers in-line. Max's comments afterwards about limits and rule discussions should involve driver input more, especially when certain parts of the track are blind turns makes sense to me, I always thought at the driver & team meetings there was input.. I've seen a few times where as a result of those meetings there are race-weekend changes to rules based direct feedback. My guess is they were a bit unyielding this weekend and said - "Suck it up, stay in the limit". Overall the enforcement and the consistency to which enforcement was applied made for a better race this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 09:56 AM   #312
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Not a pretty sight and it's on the right side so guessing that oil came out from PU spraying on exhaust manifold which burst open the side pod and igniting as Brundle said.
I really thought it was the high octane race fuel , seen the intensity of the flames it looked like a rapid burn and it was actually a highly flammable fire .

But ...I'm not sure yet .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 09:57 AM   #313
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Hardly surprising seing the predicament they're in with those fast but fragile PU's, wow that'll be a feat and I think they use that CEVA transport logistics firm for that advertised on their cars.
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60090.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #314
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I really thought it was the high octane race fuel , seen the intensity of the flames it looked like a rapid burn and it was actually a highly flammable fire .

Ferrari probably won't say though with no real fire trailing at first coasting up the hill it was a slow start fire then when stopped the intensity increased by not much and those fuel lines would have shut off valves.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 10:22 AM   #315
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
It's exclusively only CEVA logistics for Ferrari F1 to transport all their cars, PU's etc also for their GT cars.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 10:25 AM   #316
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
Well deserved win for Charles
His first not from pole

Gutted for Carlos and Ferrari, lost out on a big chance to gain on the WDC with Checo retiring early. Ferrari has got to get their reliability under control coming out of the break to have any chance at either title, little as they might seem now

Also thrilled for Haas, fantastic to see both in the points. Especially amazing to see Mick in P6 after his run of horrible races to start the season.

Very surprising to see how fast the tires were degrading here, I certainly thought it would be the usual Mediums-hards one stopper

What the hell was going on with all the track limits and everyone getting time penalties? It was never this bad the last few years. I think the stewards was much more strict this year

Russell and Gasly should have gotten much more than a 5 seconds penalty for those incidents. If you give them a penalty then you are determining that that driver is mostly or all at fault and a 5 second penalty is too lenient for ruining the other driver’s race. At minimum they should get a stop and go to even out the time lost for the other driver
Honestly, I agree, the penalties they received should have messed their race up. Rus seems to have been taking lessons from the Ham dirty driving school since he knows he cant race Per straight up so he has to knock him out - and he had plenty of room.
My opinion, Rus will continue to make a lot of mistakes as he tries to push harder to compete. His honeymoon period is over...
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60090.50
NYG10742.50
E92inNC1709.50
      07-11-2022, 11:51 AM   #317
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Sainz sequenced

Sainz PU failure in 4K UHD, rod thrown?

Russell hyper aggressive against Perez, Silverstone crash motivated to put on a good show. Perez made a poor decision to go outside of a Merc. That never ends well. He started the season well, but seems out of the purple patch.

LEC performed as data indicated from the sprint if Sainz was not fighting him.

Ferrari = glass rocket

Sainz = Got a taste of LEC luck, should be No 2

RBR = looked heavy again, must be an upgraded floor.

Alonso - incredibly intelligent driver. cleaned starting position on the track before the start, radio communication for the third pit and finger wagging. He would have been in podium reach this weekend in not for missing the sprint.

MSC, starting to show true colors of "I am faster than my teamate". Mag is a tough racer, so he should be careful. Too much confidence from fighting Max in a damaged car, Mag with a failing PU and Ham in a spare chassis. Shunt expected for MSC in the next two races.

Ocon - boring

Bottas - MIA

DannyR - should do something else

Stroll - Strolled it

AT - they are nowhere
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbles; 07-11-2022 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60090.50
Froz3n_M399.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #318
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Fully agree. The success of Max attracted a herd of lowlife patriotic mysogynist racist redneck drunk scumbags - aka known as football fans.
F1 fans used to love the sports first and secondly they'd fully respect anyone of these guys risking their lives. In the era of Schumacher I never saw the German fans behave even close to this disgraceful as the orange army.
Just as we thought it could't get worse, they happily cheered watching Hamilton crash in qualifying. Unthinkable behaviour and incompatible with the sports tradition. Plus in the Dutch media numerous reports were made of abuse against women. Crazy to think that your daughter walking up the stand is yelled at whore or n-lover for wearing an Albon cap.

I travelled to GPs all over the world and I loved the vibe of a racing loving community from all over the world. Knowledgeable and fun loving people from Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain, Finland, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, USA, Canada, India, China, Japan etc. They shared the same passion and respected each other.
Unfortunately this orange herd is destroying all the fun.

p.s. I am Dutch and a Max fan and definitely no social justice warrior but appalled by the behaviour of my compatriots.
Attached Images

Last edited by EdM5; 07-11-2022 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 9
3798j11413.50
kring324.00
Steeler2428.50
MontyB11395.00
GuidoK10858.50
minn1914037.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 04:13 PM   #319
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Fully agree. The success of Max attracted a herd of lowlife patriotic mysogynist racist redneck drunk scumbags - aka known as football fans.
F1 fans used to love the sports first and secondly they'd fully respect anyone of these guys risking their lives. In the era of Schumacher I never saw the German fans behave even close to this disgraceful as the orange army.
Just as we thought it could't get worse, they happily cheered watching Hamilton crash in qualifying. Unthinkable behaviour and incompatible with the sports tradition. Plus in the Dutch media numerous reports were made of abuse against women. Crazy to think that your daughter walking up the stand is yelled at whore or n-lover for wearing an Albon cap.

I travelled to GPs all over the world and I loved the vibe of a racing loving community from all over the world. Knowledgeable and fun loving people from Britain, Germany, Italy, Spain, Finland, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, USA, Canada, India, China, Japan etc. They shared the same passion and respected each other.

p.s. I am Dutch and a Max fan and definitely no social justice warrior but appalled by the behaviour of my compatriots.
How dare you speak out on the "Orange Army"?! Careful around these forums…
Appreciate 2
EdM54066.00
3798j11413.50
      07-11-2022, 04:24 PM   #320
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
So patriotic is a problem for you? Or just in combination with everything else you listed?
Appreciate 4
DrFerry6728.50
M5Rick60090.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 04:46 PM   #321
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:

Genuinely commend you for the views and speaking out. This forum has a whiff of a similar mentality at times which is unfortunate at best.

Rivalry in F1 has been around for decades but in 30+ years I’ve never seen the vitriol on or off the track that has been shown recently. Be that in crowds or forums, I follow football as well and I hope to god it doesn’t turn in that direction.

F1 and motorsport should be above that, there are few sports you watch were people could lose their life at the next corner, we should all remember that.
Appreciate 4
EdM54066.00
3798j11413.50
minn1914037.50
      07-11-2022, 05:43 PM   #322
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

Quote:

I will ignorantly posit that (I believe that) nothing in that car is under as much pressure as the fuel. At the speeds he was traveling, for the liquid to make it up as far as it did off of the chassis, that liquid was leaving a very high pressure "vessel".

As he was trailing Max down that back straight - as soon as that plume of liquid started (it was a LOT), I started yelling "get out of the car! get out of the car!!" hahahaa... The next 90 seconds were predictable. - glad he's ok and didn't inhale hot gasses.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 06:37 PM   #323
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Rivalry in F1 has been around for decades but in 30+ years I’ve never seen the vitriol on or off the track that has been shown recently.
We all know that the rivalry on track during the 2021 F1 season was very intense. For the first time in many years, the reigning champion got seriously challenged by a much younger competitor in a competitive car. Clash between generations. The situation escalated on track, with the Silverstone 2021 accident understood by many who rooted for the challenger, as a casus belli. Toto Wolff and Christian Horner predominantly failed in taking proper steps to de-escalate the situation; well on the contrary, they fueled the toxic atmosphere: public outbursts of anger, nasty digs during interviews, bringing a lawyer to the Mexican stand-off at the final race, refusal to participate to the FIA 2021 Prize Giving ceremony: it all didn't contribute in calming the spirits. Apparently too much money, prestige and ego at stake.

See the referenced 8-minute video here, summarizing the extraordinary F1 2021 season (video shown during the FIA 2021 Prize Giving ceremony), with FIA presenting the title fight between Hamilton and Verstappen as a boxing fight:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...8ovrDIMfp.html

See also this summary of the 2021 season here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Be that in crowds or forums, I follow football as well and I hope to god it doesn’t turn in that direction.
F1 and motorsport should be above that
No place for unacceptable behavior, indeed. Unfortunately, it was reported that during the Austria GP weekend several "Orange Army" fans were singing for example the "Daar moet een piemel in!" slogan to girls/ladies passing by. It's a misogynistic slogan sometimes sung by some Dutch football fans/hooligans during international football matches involving Dutch teams.

Name:  F1_Statement_Austria.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  RedBull_Statement_Austria.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  HAM_Statement_Austria.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  67.9 KB
Steeler2428.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 07:16 PM   #324
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
I will ignorantly posit that (I believe that) nothing in that car is under as much pressure as the fuel. At the speeds he was traveling, for the liquid to make it up as far as it did off of the chassis, that liquid was leaving a very high pressure "vessel".

As he was trailing Max down that back straight - as soon as that plume of liquid started (it was a LOT), I started yelling "get out of the car! get out of the car!!" hahahaa... The next 90 seconds were predictable. - glad he's ok and didn't inhale hot gasses.
We'll find out in the next few days what actually caused the fire .
Sainz said : We had no warning before his Ferrari engine dramatically blew up .

I'm pretty sure the prancing horse at Maranello has a lot of investigation work to do !

Appreciate 4
DrFerry6728.50
M5Rick60090.50
NYG10742.50
      07-11-2022, 07:42 PM   #325
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
So patriotic is a problem for you? Or just in combination with everything else you listed?
To be honest : Some (Orange) guys in the stands got beers , too much beers .
Too much beers means : Drunk , too drunk .

What followed was incidents , things went wrong and have been reported to the FIA .
And meanwhile the FIA is involved in the situation ..

MAX also responded to the situation , saying :
I really like the Orange army and I really appreciate the support from all over the world .
But please guys , if you are (too) drunk just go to bed and sleep !

Appreciate 5
DrFerry6728.50
M5Rick60090.50
EdM54066.00
NYG10742.50
      07-12-2022, 12:00 AM   #326
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Idk about you guys but I'm only part of the red white & blue army.

No orange army here - just an American that sees what a legend Verstappen is.

I only fight Eagles/Cowboys fans at Giants games.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60090.50
EdM54066.00
Mr Pete1596.50
      07-12-2022, 02:36 AM   #327
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
To be honest : Some (Orange) guys in the stands got beers , too much beers .
Too much beers means : Drunk , too drunk .

What followed was incidents , things went wrong and have been reported to the FIA .
And meanwhile the FIA is involved in the situation ..

MAX also responded to the situation , saying :
I really like the Orange army and I really appreciate the support from all over the world .
But please guys , if you are (too) drunk just go to bed and sleep !

That was the best advice from Max for the few lager louts who spoiled it for the OA and overdid it with the beers.
Appreciate 3
NYG10742.50
      07-12-2022, 03:03 AM   #328
M5Rick
General
Rep

''Yeah,you saw it clear no?with George? I gave him enough room''
At 3:05.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-12-2022, 03:50 AM   #329
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Sainz PU failure in 4K UHD, rod thrown?
Ferrari = glass rocket
*Possibly a thrown rod which would explain the one side on fire, a typical failure with PU's on road cars too when over-boosted.
Appreciate 2
NYG10742.50
      07-12-2022, 06:47 AM   #330
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Idk about you guys but I'm only part of the red white & blue army.

No orange army here - just an American that sees what a legend Verstappen is.

I only fight Eagles/Cowboys fans at Giants games.
America's Team
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
NYG10742.50
M5Rick60090.50