Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #177
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
i would just pick up where u left off.....and go from there. or for good measure...add an extra week of phase 1 since u stopped for a week.
+1

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #178
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

If you finish 90 days and you want to continue, what do you do? restart from teh start? Or What?

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #179
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
If you finish 90 days and you want to continue, what do you do? restart from teh start? Or What?
I would think that you'd just restart it (and maybe add more reps) or just continue like phase 3 or something.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #180
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
no wtf
feel free to explain.....

0 carbs
0 calories
0 sugar

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #181
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
From what I read in the manual you can continue as long as you like. The most important thing is to make sure you keep the recovery week every 4th week.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #182
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
feel free to explain.....

0 carbs
0 calories
0 sugar
Artificial sweetener which is 100x worse than processed or natural sugar. And the unnecessary sodium which makes your tummy full.

I didnt believe this until I heard it from my personal trainer and older cousins lol. Their exact words "Haha, your better off drinking regular soda, with no artificial shit in there."

Think about it.

Water

0 carb
0 fat
0 sugar
0 SODIUM
0 ARTIFICIAL SHIT

When you add water in your diet every single day, your taking a 1 step foward 110%. You cant play or risk that, because everything else you drink with a meal or before and after your taking 1 more step backwards from your goal. What ever it is.

If your bulking, then forget this post. Your okay.

Im talkn to me and other people who have some what of a stomach and love handles with no ABS. I have not cheated since p90x and I started week 3 last night.

I took off my shirt and WOW, i see a difference. And i think to myself, this has to be 60% of the water in this diet.

P.S. I used to drink "Natural Juices," and Diet sodas (I can a day only). And i never got these results and I know its because of me replacing my water with artificial shit.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #183
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Artificial sweetener which is 100x worse than processed or natural sugar. And the unnecessary sodium which makes your tummy full.

I didnt believe this until I heard it from my personal trainer and older cousins lol. Their exact words "Haha, your better off drinking regular soda, with no artificial shit in there."

Think about it.

Water

0 carb
0 fat
0 sugar
0 SODIUM
0 ARTIFICIAL SHIT

When you add water in your diet every single day, your taking a 1 step foward 110%. You cant play or risk that, because everything else you drink with a meal or before and after your taking 1 more step backwards from your goal. What ever it is.

If your bulking, then forget this post. Your okay.

Im talkn to me and other people who have some what of a stomach and love handles with no ABS. I have not cheated since p90x and I started week 3 last night.

I took off my shirt and WOW, i see a difference. And i think to myself, this has to be 60% of the water in this diet.

P.S. I used to drink "Natural Juices," and Diet sodas (I can a day only). And i never got these results and I know its because of me replacing my water with artificial shit.

I don't doubt at all that water is the best for you. It would be impossible to argue that.
Though I agree completely that natural sugar is much better, or less toxic, for your body over the long run when compared to synthetic sweetners, I don't see the artificial sweetner in diet soda being any hindrance to weight loss. The diet soda has

0 cal
0 carb
0 fat
0 sugar
trace amounts SODIUM

and also has caffeine, which is a stimulant, and should speed metabolism. (I'm no nutritionist so this is just my guess.)

Of course, water is the best drink. I just want people to know that enjoying the occasional diet drink with dinner or whenever is not going to hinder your goals in P90x.

I'm in week 7 and I've been drinking a steady mix of water and my diet drinks and I've seen great results so far.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #184
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
i'm doing the Lean program right now...so after the 90 days...i'm gonna move to the Classic. then once i'm done with that...i'll head back to the gym for more of a conventional weight workout.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #185
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

I just started today is day two for me!
This program is great I am 6'0 230lbs. For me its not enough of a workout. Let me correct. It was an amazing workout but mentaly I know I can do more. I was former army and was in the RIP program I know I can go more. I plan on doing AM. Cardio and p90x in the PM. I hope my body can take it!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #186
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
I just started today is day two for me!
This program is great I am 6'0 230lbs. For me its not enough of a workout. Let me correct. It was an amazing workout but mentaly I know I can do more. I was former army and was in the RIP program I know I can go more. I plan on doing AM. Cardio and p90x in the PM. I hope my body can take it!!!!!!
Your supposed to wait for the 2nd phase for am Cardio X

But it sounds to me you need P90X+ or teh INSANITY One. Some correct me if Im wrong.

If the regular p90x is easy, but heavier weights or do more reps?

I finished Plyo last night, and I actually went 35 mins in the video without pausing!

Im 3 weeks in.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #187
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
I don't doubt at all that water is the best for you. It would be impossible to argue that.
Though I agree completely that natural sugar is much better, or less toxic, for your body over the long run when compared to synthetic sweetners, I don't see the artificial sweetner in diet soda being any hindrance to weight loss. The diet soda has

0 cal
0 carb
0 fat
0 sugar
trace amounts SODIUM

and also has caffeine, which is a stimulant, and should speed metabolism. (I'm no nutritionist so this is just my guess.)

Of course, water is the best drink. I just want people to know that enjoying the occasional diet drink with dinner or whenever is not going to hinder your goals in P90x.

I'm in week 7 and I've been drinking a steady mix of water and my diet drinks and I've seen great results so far.

Oh yea thats cool. I thought your were the type that drinks 1-3 cans a day. I used to drink diet coke everyday, 1 can only. But I stopped and added more water to what I had before. And I saw a huge result.

If your "correct," about the diet coke having caffeine then your better take a pre workout drink that has caffeine + more.

Just my 2 cents.

So your in your 2nd phase?

Im week 2 fore me. I cant wait to do am Cardio X.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #188
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep

Quote:
Your supposed to wait for the 2nd phase for am Cardio X

But it sounds to me you need P90X+ or teh INSANITY One. Some correct me if Im wrong.

If the regular p90x is easy, but heavier weights or do more reps?

I finished Plyo last night, and I actually went 35 mins in the video without pausing!

Im 3 weeks in.
Oh dont get me wrong im not saying that p90x is by any means easy!!! I did chest back and ab ripper x and couldnt do it all... Im just saying i want to be the person who they have that lil clause at the bottom that says ( these results not typical).

My only point to extra cardio is that I know what my body can handle from my days in Iraq and army ranger training.

But kudos to you sir I read alot that people usually give up within the first week!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #189
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hey guys, just thought I'd join in on the discussion.

I've been doing p90x for about three weeks and it's been awesome. I see the change in my body happening daily and It's great!

I am NOT doing the p90x diet though. After seeing it and being around all this stuff for a long time I decided to switch it up for faster results. I've been doing the P90x workout with 'The Abs Diet'. TBH that combination has produced the best results so far and the abs diet is easier a lot easier to follow.

I'd post pics but that's too embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #190
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

BTW, I used to do heavy lifting before, not as a profession or anything like that. My max was 305lbs on a bench press at one point.

BUT, with P90x I'm using 10lbs weights, and I love the way my body is being shaped. It's a more Brad Pitt Snatch look. It just feels more my age, I don't want to look like a frat guy in college.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #191
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh yea thats cool. I thought your were the type that drinks 1-3 cans a day....

So your in your 2nd phase?
I drink about 3-4 cans of diet daily but I also drink the volume equivalent of 4 bottled waters.

I am in the second phase, just about ready to hit recovery week and start the final phase. I've added an endurance lifting session after the Yoga routine and also a 3 mile run on the "off day." I started the additions in week 4. It's really helping me push myself to the max.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #192
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I drink about 3-4 cans of diet daily but I also drink the volume equivalent of 4 bottled waters.

I am in the second phase, just about ready to hit recovery week and start the final phase. I've added an endurance lifting session after the Yoga routine and also a 3 mile run on the "off day." I started the additions in week 4. It's really helping me push myself to the max.
dayum...sounds like you're definitely Bringin It!!

i'm on week 2 day 4 and i'm feelin pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #193
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:

That's sick please tell me you're doing a "before n after" pic.. no homo

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #194
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
dayum...sounds like you're definitely Bringin It!!

i'm on week 2 day 4 and i'm feelin pretty good.
I'm trying but trust me, there are many nights I'm wondering why I keep coming back for more....keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
That's sick please tell me you're doing a "before n after" pic.. no homo
LOL...yeah I'm taking the pics. I'm curious to see how it all ends. April 10 is Done-day for me and the wife.

Just don't quit....that's the best advice ever. No matter how much or little you can do now, it will be much different as you move forward.
I look back on the physical fitness test now and marvel at where I was then....and I'm just over half way through.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #195
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

i'm taking the pics too...maybe if progress is good and i get enough balls...i'll post some for the greater good!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #196
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep

Quote:
i'm taking the pics too...maybe if progress is good and i get enough balls...i'll post some for the greater good!
Haha yea as soon as I have a better after pic I will post the before pics. Is anyone but me doing a diffrent diet than what was given. I live a very busy life I dont have the time for so much complications.

BTW sir that 02 R1 very nice and sexy bike. I had one till I crashed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #197
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Haha yea as soon as I have a better after pic I will post the before pics. Is anyone but me doing a diffrent diet than what was given. I live a very busy life I dont have the time for so much complications.

BTW sir that 02 R1 very nice and sexy bike. I had one till I crashed it.
I'm not following the P90x diet but I am watching closely what I'm eating. It seems to be working ok for me.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #198
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not following the P90x diet but I am watching closely what I'm eating. It seems to be working ok for me.
yup same here...
Appreciate 0