I don't give a Damn!!!!! 15 17.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

03-08-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

If the Election was held today who would you vote for? (Poll)

Just wondering who you would vote for if the voting was held today????
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
What kind of poll is that? Four democrats, one republican, no independents or other parties? That's not a poll.
but surely pathetic republicans are fast to vote
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
      03-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i dont care... but why not bring some color to the white office yadida! hahaha jk... thats a bad reason.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

From this list, I also vote for Pedro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4surfah View Post
Attached Images

Last edited by scottwww; 03-08-2007 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

From among those who have served in the office since the year 1900, whom would you have be President of the United States, First Lady, and Vice-President of the United States?

Cast your vote for president here: In a hypothetical presidential election, for whom would you vote?

Cast your vote for first lady here: In a hypothetical first lady election, for whom would you vote?

Cast your vote for vice president here: In a hypothetical vice-presidential election, for whom would you vote?
      03-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
^ Pedro..
      03-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

Gilligan....
What is sad is that no matter who goes into office, no one is ever happy with the president. I didnt vote for Al Gore last election because I dont like his wife and her views. But, I think I would vote for Al Gore this time, he would have the most political experience out of any of the canidates.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan View Post
Gilligan....
What is sad is that no matter who goes into office, no one is ever happy with the president. I didnt vote for Al Gore last election because I dont like his wife and her views. But, I think I would vote for Al Gore this time, he would have the most political experience out of any of the canidates.
The last time with the nasty wife was John F'n Kerry. The time before that was Algore.
      03-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

I dont get why so many people like Giuliani. Okay, he was mayor of NY when 9/11 happened. What else has he even done?

besides this travesty of course... do americans really want this goof as president?

and p.s. I will vote for basically anyone besides Hilary Citton and Obama
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Why vote then? And Obama in my eyes is a better candidate that most.
      03-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dont get why so many people like Giuliani. Okay, he was mayor of NY when 9/11 happened. What else has he even done?

besides this travesty of course... do americans really want this goof as president?

It must be name recognition. I don't think I could vote for him. If this poll were our real choices, I don't think I would vote at all. I didn't in this post. Or I would have to go outside the major parties and look at a minor party. See What party would get your vote?
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/03/10/poll_character_trumps_policy_for_voters/
Among Republican and GOP-leaning voters, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani leads Arizona Sen. John McCain 35 percent to 22 percent. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich had 14 percent, followed in the single digits by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas.
Where are the real republicans? That would not include Giuliani, McKain... Newt might be OK, but I don't like him. As for Romney, I couldn't vote for a Mormon (or someone from Massachusetts). Who are Huckabee and Brownback? Are they econonomic/social/foreign policy conservatives?
      03-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I don't see Newt in the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #14
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:

you're one of those that would vote for W for a third time...or until we're completely f'd up with no return...

Although I like some of Rep candidates, IMO they have no chance after the looser leaves the office in 2008...
Also, so far neither Clinton or Obama left great impression on me...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
you're one of those that would vote for W for a third time...or until we're completely f'd up with no return...

Although I like some of Rep candidates, IMO they have no chance after the looser leaves the office in 2008...
Also, so far neither Clinton or Obama left great impression on me...
What republicans do you like?
      03-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #16
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What republicans do you like?
I like McCain...for example.
I like also what he did out of AZ that basically has nothing except sand and rocks...lived there for a year and would return in a heart beat...
I like him because he experienced the war and he knows that it should be absolutely last thing on the list, no matter what...unless attacked. He understands that our Military is Defense, not world's police and occupying force...

Rudy, and other crap is...so fake...

Hilary...she sounds fake, too...
Obama, I think he lacks experience on that high level...he's been making some wrong remarks, then apologizing...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like McCain...for example.
I like also what he did out of AZ that basically has nothing except sand and rocks...lived there for a year and would return in a heart beat...
I like him because he experienced the war and he knows that it should be absolutely last thing on the list, no matter what...unless attacked. He understands that our Military is Defense, not world's police and occupying force...

Rudy, and other crap is...so fake...

Hilary...she sounds fake, too...
Obama, I think he lacks experience on that high level...he's been making some wrong remarks, then apologizing...
On these points we are not 180 degrees apart. But I disagree about McCain, although I agree that our military is primarily meant for defense, you need to have a strong offense at times. I would hope that we do not approach our national interest as being a world police force. We probably differ on what it means to be a world police force and what has been done that some might call a police action. How do you like the people like John Kerry who seemed to talk about the wanting the war to be a police action, rather than war?
      03-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
On these points we are not 180 degrees apart. But I disagree about McCain, although I agree that our military is primarily meant for defense, you need to have a strong offense at times.
I assume you meant "effective", not only strong -- we do have the strongest military in the world but the least effective (military leaders) last few years...

Quote:
I would hope that we do not approach our national interest as being a world police force. We probably differ on what it means to be a world police force and what has been done that some might call a police action. How do you like the people like John Kerry who seemed to talk about the wanting the war to be a police action, rather than war?
Our leaders should not only look ahead next 3-6 months, and look for the poll numbers. We should also think about the more distant future when we do things like Iraq, or...Iran. As I pointed out many times before, in a few years (or decades) we will not be the top power in the World, and someone else will be slapping us for all this dirty crap...

I did not like Kerry, though I voted for him. I voted for him because I'd vote for anyone who ran against W. I think the main reason Kerry lost was Edwards -- he looked so weak then and he killed Kerry's chances. As I pointed out once -- if you ever loose to W, you should never go back into the race, therefore, I am hoping Edwards or Gore do not make too far.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #19
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Obama = no experience. Hi, I've been a senator for two years, make me president. I'm also lacking any kind of defined views and I belong to a black power church.
Clinton = raging liberal with no backbone. *shudder*
Edwards = meh, best political candidate of the D's but still liberal.
Giuliani = almost as bad as a democrat. Social liberal that is pro killing babies.
Gore = sure, let him try and fail again.
Don't give a damn = unfortunately this is the view of far too many Americans. It is truly sad that voter turnout is barely 50%. How many hundreds of thousands of soldiers have died since our countries inception to protect liberties that far too few Americans exercise.

Where are the Republicans on that list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I assume you meant "effective", not only strong -- we do have the strongest military in the world but the least effective (military leaders) last few years....
I meant strong. Effective can be important. Strong is what you must have. Circumstance can make a military force wake up and become more effective. If you are maxed out in your effectiveness, and don't have enough strength to back it up, then you lose. Your new additions to the military force would not be as effective as if they had already been around for awhile. It's better to be strong.
Quote:
Our leaders should not only look ahead next 3-6 months, and look for the poll numbers. We should also think about the more distant future when we do things like Iraq, or...Iran.
GWB hasn't been watching polls and reacting to them nearly so much as most politicians. This is good, but it is not always to his benefit. His abundance of concern about future perception of the war is in part responsible for his approach to the war. He wants to win the war for the long term, not for a quick victory where you then get out and let it become a hell hole.
Quote:
As I pointed out many times before, in a few years (or decades) we will not be the top power in the World, and someone else will be slapping us for all this dirty crap...
You assume too much.
Quote:
I did not like Kerry, though I voted for him. I voted for him because I'd vote for anyone who ran against W. I think the main reason Kerry lost was Edwards -- he looked so weak then and he killed Kerry's chances. As I pointed out once -- if you ever loose to W, you should never go back into the race, therefore, I am hoping Edwards or Gore do not make too far.
I wasn't that fond of GWB in the primaries. I voted for Alan Keyes. I knew he didn't have a chance, but in the primaries, you vote on your ideals. In the general election, you vote for the lesser of two evils. Since then, I have come to like GWB. At times, I think he has not been strong enough. He certainly is not a great communicator. He goes in the better than most presidents category.
      03-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't that fond of GWB in the primaries. I voted for Alan Keyes. I knew he didn't have a chance, but in the primaries, you vote on your ideals. In the general election, you vote for the lesser of two evils. Since then, I have come to like GWB. At times, I think he has not been strong enough. He certainly is not a great communicator. He goes in the better than most presidents category.
WOW, interesting that you "got to like him" after...he's done nothing good (I am not saying that all he's done is bad either...). Absolutely nothing good:
- the economy is going as if any other guy or gal was in the office
- medical plans future -- who cares
- social security -- who cares
- education -- who cares
- world respect -- who cares.

Basically, our lives became controlled by fear and threats and all we talk about is the damn war and how many Iraqis or our soldiers died. That is not the perception of America I had growing up far away 30 years ago. Far from there.
Yes, you may say times are different, Al Qaeda, blah, blah... but then I ask you -- why US??? Why not Switzerland, why not Singapore, other countries that live MUCH better than we do???

You say I assume too much. Well, no power in history lasted forever neither will the all mighty USA. No way. China can already crush our economy overnight -- it was shown two weeks ago. They have $1.5 trillion in reserves, ZERO debt. Right now, we don't care about the debt ($9 trillion) because we rule it all -- we keep piling it up (very arrogant by the way). Once we're not on top, the payback time comes. Our kids are going to be cursing at us!

It is so simple, no assumption is needed -- this "free ride" will end sooner or later, and we pissed off the whole world. We basically have no alies any more out there, and the ones we call alies, for example the UK, are alies only Gov't wise...majority of people do not consider us alies. Therefore, all GWB cares about IS his wealth (gas, etc), and the USA...the rest of the world does not exist in his little World. But, we are not liked by almost 6.5B people and in two decades it will be by 10.5B people.

Quote:
He goes in the better than most presidents category.
Are you kidding????
According to what -- people of the USA, World or you and <30% of Americans???
WOW, cannot believe there are people out there that actually think this way...

Good night.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #22
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

You don't get upset very easily, do you? Your face must be red. I had no idea that mild words would affect you so. Now to a couple items:

Quote:
WOW, interesting that you "got to like him" after...he's done nothing good (I am not saying that all he's done is bad either...). Absolutely nothing good:
- the economy is going as if any other guy or gal was in the office
- medical plans future -- who cares
- social security -- who cares
- education -- who cares
- world respect -- who cares.
- What you say about the econony is an incomplete thought. What do you mean?
- If somebody wants me to pay their medical bills for them, they need to ask me personally, or someone on their behalf should ask. And it is my decision whether to help them. If people had to ask the giver, then there might be a lot less complaining about the governments lack of care.
- GWB proposed on at least two occassions in separate state of the union addresses (and followed up with a US tour to promote) changes to Social Security that would keep it working. And better than ever. The plan was too sweeping a change for a weak congress. This change would have been better for everybody in the US. The life insurance lobby had some role in it's defeat. If you are not familiar with GWB's proposals, then do some research before you claim he has done nothing good.
- On education, he has done better than any president that I can think of. If you want to claim he has done no good here, then provide some evidence (or at least a rationale for your argument). Personally, I would rather that the public school system were only one of the options students had for where to attend. And I mean from grade school on up. My taxes should not go to paying for public schools to indoctrinate my kids into liberalism. If my kids were going to private school, or home-schooled, then I should either not have to pay school tax, or at least, I should get a voucher for tuition/books/materials/education related expenses. Take your pick, but stop picking from my wallet.
- If your greatest concern is what everyone else thinks of you, then you have lost. You cannot please everyone. Trying will always lead to disappointment. I am not saying to not try to be liked, but when it doesn't work that way, shake the dust off your sandals and walk on.

The rest of your rant doesn't deserve a response.

BTW: Have you voted in this poll? In a hypothetical presidential election, for whom would you vote? You might have fun with this thread.