BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: '06 330xI, '04 YZF R1

I just had surgery a month ago, had my right meniscus torn in two different places. I keep doing the same exercises I learned in PT and that seems to help a lot. I was an avid runner before this, mi short days were 6 miles and long days somewhere between 10 to 13 miles, I really miss running, and being military, theres no way you can just take it easy, gotta keep moving, so I will deal with the pain and make sure that my leg muscles are strong enough to support me and relieve some stress from my knees. Im feeling a lot better after the surgery but my knee will never be the same.

'06 330Xi, '04 CBR600RR, '04 YZF-R1, '06CBR600RR, '10 S1000RR
M-tech, Injen, Hamann, Remus, KW, Breyton
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #24
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

highly recommend being careful about what shoes you wear. I have ligament damage on my ankle, if i wear shoes that are "free" like those ultra light reboks and nikes or feet gloves, i have knee pain because its hard for me to get a stable footing so it stresses my knee to compensate. Big wide heavy Nike shocks and much better. Think low impact for cardio and be sure to try different machines to find which works best for your size and shape.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #25
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Another option outside of PT and surgery is prolotherapy and/or Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP). You are in MD, I can send you a link to the docs that do this, they are in the Northern VA area.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Another option outside of PT and surgery is prolotherapy and/or Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP). You are in MD, I can send you a link to the docs that do this, they are in the Northern VA area.
That would be great. Please and thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

not to threadjack but if anyone can help me with a knee problem ive had since since middle school - 1998ish. I used to very athletic, football, bball, teams, etc.. anyone one day I came down on it wrong and it swelled up, got it checked up and drained the blood was on crutches for 2-3 months. I did not do physical therapy at this time.

Fast forward 2 years, and I'm playing ball and running and boom again swelled up and was on crutches for like another 2-3 months. did not do PT.

Fast forward 4 years later and I'm in 12th grade and I'm running and boom happens again.

This time I do a little bit PT. Still very weak. It's never been the same. I run on it occasionally but im very scared it will happen again so I don't do it full speed. I always have problems with it locking up what not. Each time I went to a ortho he said nothing was torn no acl or meniscus tearing at all.

Last two mri findings were as follows :

IMPRESSION:

1. Suprapetellar effusion
2. Medial suprepatellar plicae.

latest mri I took a yr ago

impression

1. distal quadricpes tendinopathy

I got no idea what to do