BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

01-10-2024, 12:40 PM   #1
johnwc723
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Torn on all weather floor mats

Hi All,

My iX came with the BMW floor mats but as you all know if you live in a climate with snow (Minnesota) and kids in the back it's gonna get everywhere so shopping for new ones.

I'm between the Maxpider ones and the https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8729...2700&year=2023

Here are the pros and cons as I see it:

Maxpider
PROS
- more waterproof material?
- little less flush fit means less likelyhood of movement sounds when driving
- easier install / removal / cleaning

CONS
- less coverage

Tuxmats
PROS
- super good coverage

CONS
- less waterproof / fabric ?
- more potential for movement sounds when driving
- harder to remove/clean
- I like putting stuff below the cupholder and for whatever reason they put a crease there (maybe could cut it out to be flat?)

Anyone have 2 cents on this? Wanna get the right ones!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 01:12 PM   #2
mindmachine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW IX iDrive50, 23 Tesla X

Garage List

I bought the Tuxmats for two different cars 7 months apart and am totally satisfied with them as I believe totally waterproof.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2024, 01:38 PM   #3
johnwc723
Private
Rep

Anyone have issues with sound (clicking, movement) going over bumps with the tux mats? Part of why I got this car vs my old Tesla was cause its so quiet compared to that rattling shitbox.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 01:47 PM   #4
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Have not tried the Maxspiders, but the Tuxmats are completely waterproof (ballistic nylon). They also feature clips for attaching underneath the trim, so have the least movement of any mats I've used. The center split in the front hasn't been an issue for me at all, but I don't use that space to store anything (for one thing, I don't want anything rolling under the foot controls). They are more of a hassle to remove because of the clips, but I actually haven't had to do that - just wipe off with a damp sponge or mat cleaner, and spray with protectant - I use this:

I should mention that I also live in the Midwest (Omaha) and have been through a couple of winters. If you track in inches of mud and gravel on hiking boots, yeah, you'll probably need to lift out and clean - but then you'd be better off with the thick rubber OEM mats that just velcro-in, and wash the carpet if it gets dirty. And a truck. For normal sand and snow, the Tuxmats are more than adequate and provide great coverage. For heavy duty mud and snow protection, plus coverage, you might consider WeatherTech.

Last edited by Paladin1; 01-16-2024 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 3
      01-10-2024, 02:18 PM   #5
Zachp13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M

Garage List
21 X3M  [0.00]
I’ve have these mats https://www.manicci.com/ and also used the same mats for my previous X3m for 6 years. They held up well to Tahoe weather and I love the look.

In the IX they are one solid piece across the front, which means they more of pain to take out but offer great coverage.

I posted some pictures of mine just a couple days ago if you are interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 02:29 PM   #6
johnwc723
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachp13 View Post
I’ve have these mats https://www.manicci.com/ and also used the same mats for my previous X3m for 6 years. They held up well to Tahoe weather and I love the look.

In the IX they are one solid piece across the front, which means they more of pain to take out but offer great coverage.

I posted some pictures of mine just a couple days ago if you are interested.
Yes would love to see as well! solid piece front seems OK in my book
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 03:53 PM   #7
SignMD
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 iX50, 23 Mercedes EQE 500

I have had 3D Maxspiders in my last 2 Porsches and my Audi e-tron. They are OK, but nothing great. They don't have channels so the water seems to move around and I don't like how they hold up. They scratch real easy and start looking bad after a while. They do look nice and upscale when you first get them though. I actually have a set of the Maxspiders for my iX I am boxing up to return.

I bought these from Amazon and have to say I am impressed especially given the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very good fit and very good coverage. They aren't a higher gloss plastic so look nicer. I think I am going to keep them, especially the given the cost. I think they are a good value.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:14 PM   #8
johnwc723
Private
Rep

SignMD I saw those as well and thought they looked good but wasn't sure the coverage and if they are more like rubber or more like hard plastic. Would you mind taking some pictures of the fit (one of my main hesitations as I can't find any online!) them for us all to benefit?

I'm especially interested in the back seats where they go back right by the door as my kids seem to love to step on the carpet there.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:35 PM   #9
SignMD
Private
Rep

HI, here are a few pictures. I like these better than the Maxspider, they are thicker and fit just as well. I think the Maxspiders are better for folks that don't get a lot of snow and leave them in all year round. I am in Ohio so like there are channels for the water...the Maxspiders are flat. I like these better than the Smartliners for my wife's EQE500 as these have the glossy plastic feel. But there aren't may options for the EQE. Also considering these https://linerx.com/products/linerx-f...hoCUxkQAvD_BwE but think they are more the glossy plastic looks as well. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ohibo61.50
      01-10-2024, 07:26 PM   #10
johnwc723
Private
Rep

Wow thank you! Those look much better than I expected from Amazon pictures . So funny vendors can’t even bother to put a single pic up of their product in a vehicle half the time. I think I’ll be buying these…. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2024, 09:51 AM   #11
johnwc723
Private
Rep

Ended up going with the ones SignMD recommended.

Auxko All Weather Floor Mats Fits... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPS8H6QB...p_mob_ap_share

They look surprisingly like they came with the car, the match to the plastic trim is nearly identical and they are a good flexible material similar to the BMW all weather mats.

Here are some pictures!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
deutsch1003946.50
      01-16-2024, 12:58 PM   #12
JoeNC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

I have the Tuxmats for 1st and 2nd row and like them, but after ~7 months I don’t think they’re ever going to get their new design trunk mat in.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 02:09 PM   #13
JGard
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMD View Post
I have had 3D Maxspiders in my last 2 Porsches and my Audi e-tron. They are OK, but nothing great. They don't have channels so the water seems to move around and I don't like how they hold up. They scratch real easy and start looking bad after a while. They do look nice and upscale when you first get them though. I actually have a set of the Maxspiders for my iX I am boxing up to return.

I bought these from Amazon and have to say I am impressed especially given the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very good fit and very good coverage. They aren't a higher gloss plastic so look nicer. I think I am going to keep them, especially the given the cost. I think they are a good value.
I also just got these based on your comment here. Quite happy with them! Thanks for mentioning these.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 05:32 AM   #14
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNC View Post
I have the Tuxmats for 1st and 2nd row and like them, but after ~7 months I don’t think they’re ever going to get their new design trunk mat in.
Which new design trunk mat are you talking about?

I just ordered and they came in but haven’t opened the box yet.

I will do so today and check out the trunk mat
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 07:19 AM   #15
JoeNC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennethjk View Post

They haven’t had any orderable trunk mat since I started looking last August. They told me on chat they redesigned the trunk mat but don’t yet know when it will arrive.

I check the website from time to time, but have not seen the trunk mat available. Only options are 1st row, 2nd row, or 1st+2nd.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 09:37 AM   #16
JoeNC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennethjk View Post

Did you actually get a trunk mat?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 10:33 AM   #17
martinizer
Rep
Drives: 2002 Honda S2000, Chevy Silver

I also got the Auxko mats and really like them. Great coverage and they feel less plasticy than some others like the Maxspiders (which I've had in another vehicle). They're also a deal!
For the rear cargo I went with a HatchBag. It fits great and keeps the dog hair contained.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 04:29 PM   #18
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNC View Post
Did you actually get a trunk mat?
3W
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 05:12 PM   #19
unmesh59
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S

For those that went with the Auxko All Weather Floor Mats, did you find a similar looking mat for the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 04:36 PM   #20
unmesh59
Rep

Just got our Auxko mats and am liking them a lot. Even my wife approves and she is super finicky about these things :-)

The side of the driver's side mat towards the passenger side is curled up though. Any ideas how to get it to lay down flat?

P.S.: Our car is leased and I'm going to have to figure out somewhere to save those mats that I can remember at the time of lease return.

Last edited by unmesh59; 04-10-2024 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 06:40 PM   #21
SignMD
Private
Rep

Mine curled up too if you can curl it down and have something hold it down it will stop going upwards. Heat would help it too if you can leave it out in the sun or you can try a hair dryer. Mine lays flat now. Might take a day but it will start to lay flat.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 10:42 PM   #22
unmesh59
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignMD View Post
Mine curled up too if you can curl it down and have something hold it down it will stop going upwards. Heat would help it too if you can leave it out in the sun or you can try a hair dryer. Mine lays flat now. Might take a day but it will start to lay flat.
I will try heat if time doesn't do the job.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Appreciate 0