Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #45
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

The iX M60 is launching as a 2023 model year and according to the USA build tool, it will have the Parking Assistant Professional feature as part of the Driving Assistant Professional Package. By comparison, the 2022 iX 50 comes with the Parking Assistant Plus when you add the Premium Package. You can never rely too much on what the build tool tells you but the descriptions of the Parking Assistant Pro vs Plus are different (see below; you would think they would use a pic of the center console that matches the iX but guess not). Notably, the Pro describing the Back-up Assistant function as "fully automated" while the Plus description says the Back-up Assistant "will steer you out, while you control the speed and braking," in other words, not fully automated.

It's anyone's guess if the 2023 iX 50 will also get bumped up to the Parking Assistant Professional that will be in the 2023 iX M60 or whether that will be reserved just for the iX M60 as a differentiation. Also unclear is whether the Parking Assistant Professional in the iX M60 is the same as the Parking Assistant Pro that will show up in the 2023 7 series, as described in this article. They seem like they might be the same but some of the names in the 2023 7 Series are similar but different - for example, Reversing Assistant Professional instead of Back Up Assistant.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1166
Size:  839.4 KB

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 1165
Size:  698.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #46
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird~Dawg View Post
My order finally went in, June build, estimated August/September delivery.
July 16, 2021 deposit
April 8, 2022 Order
June 2022 build

IX 50
Dark Graphite Metallic
Black Trim
Black interior
Sport package
22" Style 1021 Multi-Color wheels
Premium Enhanced Package
Driving Assistant Pro
Parking assistant Pro
Gesture control
Laser lights
Garage door opener
HK sound

The above includes the four wheel steering, full air suspension
It's interesting that the iX 40 shows up as a 2023 model year on the BMW Canada build tool (the iX 50 is still listed as MY2022):

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 1154
Size:  50.2 KB

Canadians also have a $500 option to upgrade to Parking Assistant Pro even on the 2022 iX 50:

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 1155
Size:  290.6 KB

And some of the descriptions of the Parking Assistant Pro in the 2022 iX 50 matches what's being rolled out in the 2023 7 series like Reversing Assistant Professional working up to 200 meters:

Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 1148
Size:  258.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:27 PM   #47
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
It's interesting that the iX 40 shows up as a 2023 model year on the BMW Canada build tool (the iX 50 is still listed as MY2022)
They initially only had the 50 model available to us. The 40 (just like the M60) will not be available for a while here and so by the time you can get a 40 built, they will be 2023 models.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #48
slampert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX50

Quote:
July 16, 2021 deposit
April 8, 2022 Order
June 2022 build
I don't understand why your order wasn't processed until 4/8/22 if you placed your deposit last July ! Were you getting any status updates in the interim ? These long periods of silence ( I went thru that also with a SA who I like and trust) rob us of any accountability mechanism to know what is going on with our order.

Last edited by slampert; 04-09-2022 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 07:12 PM   #49
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Pretty annoying when I sent the build spec to my SA that parking assistant pro wasn’t an option and I only found out about it after the build was locked in.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 08:57 PM   #50
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
Pretty annoying when I sent the build spec to my SA that parking assistant pro wasn’t an option and I only found out about it after the build was locked in.
Yeah, I barely noticed too. One day, as I was redoing my build for the 100th time, I saw that there was suddenly an option to customise the Premium Enhanced Package, but unlike the B&W stereo system, the parking assistant pro does not show up in the options list further down. This was not there for months before that.

And this is why dealing with a good salesman is still a nice thing. It is their job to know this stuff well and to guide us through picking the proper config and to make sure we know of all the possible options and not rely on the fact that we obsessed over the purchase for months and noticed every little thing possible.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #51
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampert View Post
I don't understand why your order wasn't processed until 4/8/22 if you placed your deposit last July !
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love and BMW Canada sucks.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Appreciate 1
slampert162.00
      04-09-2022, 09:39 PM   #52
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampert View Post
Quote:
July 16, 2021 deposit
April 8, 2022 Order
June 2022 build
I don't understand why your order wasn't processed until 4/8/22 if you placed your deposit last July ! Were you getting any status updates in the interim ? These long periods of silence ( I went thru that also with a SA who I like and trust) rob us of any accountability mechanism to know what is going on with our order.
The initial contact from the dealer regarding my getting my build put together was in January, although I did get a couple of updates along the way before that to the effect that they weren't able to place orders yet. After that I was waiting for dealer allocations. The first orders were entered in February and my dealer had only 2 - a lot fewer than they expected - they initially thought mine would be in the first batch in February. I was 9th in the overall queue and got in the April batch. That's their story and they're sticking to it. I spoke to a different dealer and the story was consistent.
Appreciate 2
ggalanis2439.00
slampert162.00
      04-12-2022, 08:26 PM   #53
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
The process may be different in Canada, did you spec out the car and send the configuration you are looking for? My SA called when my unit moved into 111 status and again at 112 status to finalize build. It moved to 150 about 3 days after 112 status and I have a VIN now and no more changes are allowed. I am week 21 (end of May) and expect my car in June. Although it seems like things are speeding up as I am in 150 (production begins) now.

The SA should of sent you your build sheet, which has the production number. You should be able to get the info with a call to the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
I did send him how I would build it after the test drive but it was not required by them at the stage we were at but he said if I wanted to I could send it to him. Honestly I did it more to show that I was getting it well equipped in case they had an opportunity to bump me up the list like they did to venom21 and that it could sway them to prioritize my high MSRP order.

In any case, I will meet with him next week to discuss. My issue has been that he was so far unable to even give me a tentative month because BMW Canada had not given them that info as of then. I'll see if that has changed since then.
So talked to my salesman today while I was there for my brake oil change on my X5 and the tentative estimate is September for delivery and it will likely be a 2023 model. He said that they should have the pricing guide for the 2023 models in June and that was when we could discuss the trade-in value of my X5 as well and get the accurate packaging and pricing. Also specified that as of now they are not doing individual colors on the iX, which was something we would want for ours, but can't be sure about 2023 models. I still doubt they will do this but worst case, we take blue ridge mountain.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:09 PM   #54
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechCTU View Post
The process may be different in Canada, did you spec out the car and send the configuration you are looking for? My SA called when my unit moved into 111 status and again at 112 status to finalize build. It moved to 150 about 3 days after 112 status and I have a VIN now and no more changes are allowed. I am week 21 (end of May) and expect my car in June. Although it seems like things are speeding up as I am in 150 (production begins) now.

The SA should of sent you your build sheet, which has the production number. You should be able to get the info with a call to the dealership.
Quote:
I did send him how I would build it after the test drive but it was not required by them at the stage we were at but he said if I wanted to I could send it to him. Honestly I did it more to show that I was getting it well equipped in case they had an opportunity to bump me up the list like they did to venom21 and that it could sway them to prioritize my high MSRP order.

In any case, I will meet with him next week to discuss. My issue has been that he was so far unable to even give me a tentative month because BMW Canada had not given them that info as of then. I'll see if that has changed since then.
So talked to my salesman today while I was there for my brake oil change on my X5 and the tentative estimate is September for delivery and it will likely be a 2023 model. He said that they should have the pricing guide for the 2023 models in June and that was when we could discuss the trade-in value of my X5 as well and get the accurate packaging and pricing. Also specified that as of now they are not doing individual colors on the iX, which was something we would want for ours, but can't be sure about 2023 models. I still doubt they will do this but worst case, we take blue ridge mountain.
With September delivery, what's your build month that they say will likely be a '23?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:32 PM   #55
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
With September delivery, what's your build month that they say will likely be a '23?
I was told August
Appreciate 1
Bird~Dawg142.50
      04-13-2022, 09:08 AM   #56
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was told August
Thanks. My build is June and they said to allow up to 3 months for delivery to Ontario. Sounds like they may have been overly conservative on the shipping timeline. Underpromise, overdeliver. It would be nice to get it quicker.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #57
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Quote:
Thanks. My build is June and they said to allow up to 3 months for delivery to Ontario. Sounds like they may have been overly conservative on the shipping timeline. Underpromise, overdeliver. It would be nice to get it quicker.
My SA quoted 2 weeks from build date (late March) to shipping (barring delays) and 6 weeks shipping by boat to Halifax and rail to Alberta for an end of May delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:24 PM   #58
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Was there any mention of any more feature deletes in the 2023 model year, beyond the lumbar delete on the front passenger seat that's already been implemented for the 2022 cars? I have an allocation for a 2022 iX that's being built as we speak but I am considering giving it up and waiting for a 2023 build but have some concern that BMW will delete other features like soft close doors with MY23. So far, it seems like the iX has been relatively well shielded against feature deletes compared to some other models like the X5 but I wonder if features will start disappearing as the iX moves beyond the launch model year.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #59
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
My SA quoted 2 weeks from build date (late March) to shipping (barring delays) and 6 weeks shipping by boat to Halifax and rail to Alberta for an end of May delivery.
Just keep in mind that these are all estimates.
He said that the switchover to 2023 models is in July and that they would get the ordering guide around June.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:32 PM   #60
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
Was there any mention of any more feature deletes in the 2023 model year, beyond the lumbar delete on the front passenger seat that's already been implemented for the 2022 cars? I have an allocation for a 2022 iX that's being built as we speak but I am considering giving it up and waiting for a 2023 build but have some concern that BMW will delete other features like soft close doors with MY23.
I didn't ask about that and honestly doubt very much that they would have this info right now. I am personally hoping that by then the passenger lumbar delete will no longer be there. I wouldn't put myself at the back of the line for it if mine was being built. It would be a gamble and you'd lose a year with your new iX. I think a smarter move would simply be to put in a reservation for a 2023. If the market stays like it is now, you'd possibly be able to sell your iX for more than your outstanding balance to someone who doesn't want to wait in line for one when you get the new one. If it doesn't work out, your reservation money can be refunded. Given the money is refundable, if you see that the 2023s also have the lumbar delete, just cancel it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #61
pL86
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I didn't ask about that and honestly doubt very much that they would have this info right now. I am personally hoping that by then the passenger lumbar delete will no longer be there. I wouldn't put myself at the back of the line for it if mine was being built. It would be a gamble and you'd lose a year with your new iX. I think a smarter move would simply be to put in a reservation for a 2023. If the market stays like it is now, you'd possibly be able to sell your iX for more than your outstanding balance to someone who doesn't want to wait in line for one when you get the new one. If it doesn't work out, your reservation money can be refunded. Given the money is refundable, if you see that the 2023s also have the lumbar delete, just cancel it.
Sound advice. I just lucked into this build, which is expected to arrive at my dealership in June. I placed an order in February and wasn't expecting a car till September or later but someone else with the exact same configuration as mine canceled his order - his name is still on the build sheet - just as the car went into production. Since my build matched 100%, the dealer offered the allocation to me but the build is locked and there were some features I was still unsure about (both the dealer and I thought we'd have plenty of time to make changes). There's no urgency to get a new car so the wait for MY23 wouldn't bother me. One other factor that weighs in favor of just taking the MY22 car is price increases; I believe BMW said they will raise prices for MY23 so it's a question of how much. The dealer has told me that if I give up this production build, I would revert back to my original spot in the pool. He does not expect to have any difficulty finding a buyer for the iX if it's arrives unclaimed.

Last edited by pL86; 04-13-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 04:10 PM   #62
Loco_iX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: IX

Anyone has had their production move?
Its been 2 weeks and its still in “production”
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 04:43 PM   #63
Ceph299
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco_iX View Post
Mine has been at "production begins" for two weeks. When I called the bmw genius number last Monday, I was told that my car is scheduled to be completed on 5/25. I hope it can still somehow be shipped over here in time for the June delivery estimate.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 06:09 AM   #64
cpd1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco_iX View Post
I have been at that stage for 2 months. Last I heard is production completes Apr 28, let’s see
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #65
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
My experience with the "My Garage" tracker on previous builds (four of them) is that it's only generally related to the actual build progress of the car. It stalls, jumps ahead, then stalls again. Twice "Dispatched from factory" status for example when we were taking delivery of the car at the dealership, and "Quality check" for weeks on one....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:29 PM   #66
breadman2
Rep
Drives: iX (soon)

Last I heard I was also an April 28th date and I moved into production sometime in mid-March I think (I wasn't checking regularly when it happened).

When I chatted with the BMW Genius person I think they said it was ~6 weeks to build the iX. Then roughly 8 weeks after assembly I would receive delivery on the west coast of the USA.
Appreciate 0