Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

06-18-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 m50i, IX 50, Rivian R1S

2022 MY IX ordered but Production Status still in “order received.” Thoughts?

Hi all,

I ordered my IX in mid-January from my local dealership. The SA stated that a previous customer had cancelled their reservation but they still had the slot. Put my deposit with them and my IX is fairly heavily optioned with nearly everything checked off other than ventilated seats. At the time, the SA said he expected delivery around August.

I get we are in a global supply chain crunch and my understanding is some production was initially impacted when the Ukraine invasion started but its mid-June and I’m still seeing the production status as “order received” on the BMWUSA website. It still says its a 2022 model year which is good but should I be worried at this point that this will not make August or even September? I would think that since it says 2022 MY, that the SA was being legit that this was an actual allocated slot for them because I hard heard all 2022’s were spoke for initially. But maybe he fibbed.

Another concern is I actually was playing around with the website a few weeks ago with an M60 build and it said there was one nearby already in production (my dealership). I called and he said it was already optioned out and will be delivered in July but was still available for sale. My hesitation was it was another $10k but more importantly was the red outside color which I’m not a huge fan of. By the end of the day it had sold which made it a moot point. Still, I’m kind of annoyed that the m60’s were prioritized over the supposed initial IX 50 allocations (if that was true). Also annoyed that the SA didn’t actually give me a call about the m60 as I had actually asked around April about the m60 ordering process and at the time he said that wouldn’t be delivered until 2023. My guess is this SA is lazy but at this point it seems like there is nothing I can do?

Lastly, while looking on my current order, I noticed the color says Dark Graphite Metallic. I ordered Sophisto Grey. I see on the actual contract I signed back in January that it does say Sophisto Grey. Are these colors the same and its just a name thing or did something change?

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #2
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
DGM and SG are the same color (for different markets), just different color codes. BMW uses either term interchangeably. As for your SA, can't speak to that, but don't put a lot of faith in the accuracy of My Garage for tracking purposes, although your SA should be keeping you informed.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 01:40 AM   #3
V3n0m51
Vroom^2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G30 MY23 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by npa201 View Post
Hi all,

I ordered my IX in mid-January from my local dealership. The SA stated that a previous customer had cancelled their reservation but they still had the slot. Put my deposit with them and my IX is fairly heavily optioned with nearly everything checked off other than ventilated seats. At the time, the SA said he expected delivery around August.

I get we are in a global supply chain crunch and my understanding is some production was initially impacted when the Ukraine invasion started but its mid-June and I'm still seeing the production status as "order received" on the BMWUSA website. It still says its a 2022 model year which is good but should I be worried at this point that this will not make August or even September? I would think that since it says 2022 MY, that the SA was being legit that this was an actual allocated slot for them because I hard heard all 2022's were spoke for initially. But maybe he fibbed.

Another concern is I actually was playing around with the website a few weeks ago with an M60 build and it said there was one nearby already in production (my dealership). I called and he said it was already optioned out and will be delivered in July but was still available for sale. My hesitation was it was another $10k but more importantly was the red outside color which I'm not a huge fan of. By the end of the day it had sold which made it a moot point. Still, I'm kind of annoyed that the m60's were prioritized over the supposed initial IX 50 allocations (if that was true). Also annoyed that the SA didn't actually give me a call about the m60 as I had actually asked around April about the m60 ordering process and at the time he said that wouldn't be delivered until 2023. My guess is this SA is lazy but at this point it seems like there is nothing I can do?

Lastly, while looking on my current order, I noticed the color says Dark Graphite Metallic. I ordered Sophisto Grey. I see on the actual contract I signed back in January that it does say Sophisto Grey. Are these colors the same and its just a name thing or did something change?

Thanks all.
I unfortunately have a very similar situation. Ordered a 50, got a late June production date in early may. A few weeks later, the date got ripped and status went back to "order received." Still to this day, status hasn't changed. Mygarage shows a MY22. My SA checked with BMW and no answers whatsoever. No idea even if I'd get a MY23 instead or maybe still a MY22 somehow? I always thought it was due to B&W running out of inventory but not wanting to outright admit it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 10:02 PM   #4
SaltlifeTom
Rep
Drives: ‘23 BMW iX; ‘18 MB GLE 350

And my order makes three…. Ordered in early February, update in early May from SA was production scheduled for June 26. Checked in a few days later and status back to “Order Received” and been there ever since. Reached out to SA this morning and was told BMW offering no new information. I need a vehicle in October so I may need to cancel my order and try a broker or open market. Truly disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Heard from SA. Last week, I had been code 150 which made it sound like order received but mulling over switching to a 2023.

I then heard yesterday. I've been switched to a 2023. I am next on production at their dealership (not sure what that even means, is that for all of their cars? or just IX?). Gave me a new production # and when logged into BMWUSA says "Scheduled for Production" rather than "Order Received".

-Unfortunately, I'm really ticked about this, no B&W speaker option as we've heard on here.
-I don't recall seeing the lumbar support delete which I guess is good.
-Still have the delete on the foot open sensor for the trunk.
-SA said it went up $900. I tried to eyeball it w/o the B&W and as my previous vehicle was well optioned (basically just didn't have ventilated seats) I think its up less than $900 but could be wrong.

SA thinks I should get it in October now (from August estimate back in Jan). I asked about m60 so I can get the B&W but he said they are not allocated yet for m60 (They only had one and was sold) and so if I do that I would most likely be pushed into January of next year.

So annoyed but I guess there is not much to do. I guess I'll just have to settle for vehicle with out B&W and that will partially offset the rise in interest rates over the few months (and will get hiked again by the time this gets arrived). The next risk will be how much does my trade-in drop in value between now and then (thus far its been holding up as its a 2022 TSLA MYP and Elon has raised the price about $6k since I bought it but an incoming recession can change all of that).
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #6
ThomasWeiss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50

In the same boat, I ordered a 50 in November (!) and never got any production number. Yesterday my SA notified me that the car will be produced as MY2023 and I got a production number.

Spec sheet shows both passenger lumbar and hands-free tailgate deletes.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 01:16 PM   #7
Brwilli
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive50 2023

Ordered a 50 in January and got a production number in May. It had a build week 26 and then it didn’t. Yesterday got a 2023 111 status with a new production number. Today it moved to 112 status. I’m in process with my SA to make sure that what I sign off on includes everything I wanted and signed off on before. Of course that will not include the B&W audio, the passenger lumbar, or the hands-free tailgate. It will include Parking Assistant Pro but BMW still hasn’t determined the price for that, hence no price for the Premium content 2 package that it is part of.

There is also a code 8Y5 “Special control” that is also part of that package. Anyone know what that is??
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 03:22 PM   #8
ThomasWeiss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50

I also see the price for Parking Assistant Pro as "Blocked" on my spec sheet (and the price for Premium Content 2 as a result). But the MY23 pricing guide shows that Parking Assistant Pro is part of the Ultimate Package for $7,700...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #9
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oh yeah just noticed that too on parking assistant pro. That is just the feature to reverse the last 200 feet you drove right? I’m not losing anything else?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 10:15 AM   #10
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

According to 2023 iX NA Ordering Guide, the Parking Assistant Pro is included in the Ultimate Package, so unless they say its deleted due to supply chain issues, you should have it included fo no extra cost above the $7700 ultimate package price
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 04:18 PM   #11
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep

SA called me today and said we need to add the $1600 Multifunctional seat package. I did not order it on the 2022 model year as I didn’t care about massage seats or ventilation. But he said that if you want memory settings for the seat they have moved that into this package now. That’s absolutely ridiculous to me how BMW has gotten an asp increase by effectively making everyone fully load the 2023. And then once you put in the $1600 option you still get the lumbar delete on the passenger seat. Friggin unreal.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 11:38 PM   #12
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

Interesting, my iX50 was supposed to beging production in the third or fourth week of June but it was still order received yesterday and no VIN yet. Wonder if I'm moving to MY23…
Appreciate 0