Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

06-21-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo4s

Any one else have a car dropped off by the Rhea Leader last week?

I want see if anyone else had an iX dropped off last week by the Rhea Leader? I checked with my sales associate today and they mentioned that the car is still at the port, so want to compare my delivery timing with others who may have had their vehicle dropped off at the same time.

I would love to have my car by July 4th weekend to take a little road trip.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
breadman2
Rep
Drives: iX (soon)

Mine was on the Rhea Leader and is sitting in the port too. Not really sure how long to expect it to take to get from the port to Seattle. I think when I spoke to a BMW expert a few months ago they said roughly two weeks but also implied there was a fair amount of variability there.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 11:39 PM   #3
Crleona
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Mine already arrived at the dealer (Bay Area)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 10:45 AM   #4
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep

thanks for the feedback. My dealer has yet to hear when it will be put on a truck for Denver, so I update this thread when I know more. Good to know that some have gotten their car, and others are still waiting, as I am .
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #5
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep

Just as update for other waiting for cars that were dropped off by the Rhea Leader last week, I was informed that my vehicle was released yesterday for transport to Colorado. That being said, there is no timing on when the car will be put on a transport. Looks like we are at the "hurry up and wait stage."
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 01:26 PM   #6
breadman2
Rep

Thanks for the update! Does it still just say "At the port" for you in the BMW MyGarage app? Mine is still stuck in that state and I'm hoping it could be the same situation as yours.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #7
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep

Yes, it shows "at the port." The vehicle status regressed once the ship was dropped off in SoCal. Before it showed the vehicle was in transit.

I am new to BMW, so not sure how that works. The Porsche site worked flawlessly for me for the delivery of my new Taycan last month, so seeing the BMW status regress is new to me!

I have been bothering the team at BMW Genius line for status and they were the ones who shared the details with me this morning. My dealer said they will check the shipping manifests, so we will see.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2022, 08:10 PM   #8
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoloradokid View Post
The vehicle status regressed once the ship was dropped off in SoCal. Before it showed the vehicle was in transit.
This is normal for BMW ... they don't have 2 distinct statuses for at port of exit and at port of entry. Your dealership will likely have it on the ground before it shows "At the Dealership"
Appreciate 1
Paladin15556.00
      06-27-2022, 08:34 PM   #9
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
This is normal for BMW ... they don't have 2 distinct statuses for at port of exit and at port of entry. Your dealership will likely have it on the ground before it shows "At the Dealership"
Yep. Mine was "at port" in Bremerhaven for a few days, now "at port" in Baltimore. Goes back to "in transit" when it leaves.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #10
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the additional details. In the past two days I have gotten three different vehicle delivery status updates from both the BMW Genius team, and my dealer.

The BMW Genius team told me yesterday that the car was scheduled to arrive yesterday at the dealer. Today, the BMW Genius team told me the car is still in SoCal awaiting vehicle transport assignment. My dealer told me that they did not have line of sight on the vehicle on the vehicle and were checking.

It seems that the BMW vehicle delivery process once a vehicle gets to the US is a little bit of a dumpster fire. I really wanted to take the car on a road trip this 4th of July weekend, but since no one seems to know where the car is it is looking doubtful that will happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #11
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Yep. Mine was "at port" in Bremerhaven for a few days, now "at port" in Baltimore. Goes back to "in transit" when it leaves.
Mine simply says "At port". I assume it's at Bremerhaven (for about 5 days). How did you know when it left Bremerhaven and arrived at the port in Baltimore?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #12
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Mine simply says "At port". I assume it's at Bremerhaven (for about 5 days). How did you know when it left Bremerhaven and arrived at the port in Baltimore?
I got the name of the ship from my SA and used the MarineTraffic site - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:25.0/zoom:4

You can track the progress across the Atlantic and see when it reaches the next port.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:53 AM   #13
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:
I got the name of the ship from my SA and used the MarineTraffic site - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...ry:25.0/zoom:4

You can track the progress across the Atlantic and see when it reaches the next port.
Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 1
Paladin15556.00
      06-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #14
LittleJoe
Major
Rep

Quote:

How long after your status went to "At port" did it actually leave Bremerhaven and starts its voyage to Baltimore?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #15
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
How long after your status went to "At port" did it actually leave Bremerhaven and starts its voyage to Baltimore?
Can't remember exactly, but just a few days I believe - maybe 3 or 4. Transit time from Bremerhaven to Baltimore (port to port) was 8 days+....
Appreciate 2
LittleJoe1064.00
grueber479.00
      06-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #16
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep

Since I started this thread, I thought I would post an update I got from BMW this morning. My vehicle is still sitting on a trailer for transport to Colorado. Has been sitting at the port for over 10 days.

I realize there is a driver shortage, but BMW has to do better than this. It took my new Taycan Cross Turismo 3 days from when it was dropped off in Houston to get to the dealership. So, not sure what the hold up is.......
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:44 PM   #17
breadman2
Rep

Mine arrived in Seattle today. Sorry about the delay on yours 😬
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 08:22 PM   #18
thecoloradokid
United_States
Rep