BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

06-27-2022, 08:53 PM   #1
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

iX 40 vs iX 50 price inconsistencies

I don't get it... In Europe iX 40 vs iX 50 is 20k Euro difference... In Canada just 10k CAD... and US doesn't even have iX 40. Anyone have a clue?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:06 PM   #2
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
It's market and specification dependent. In NZ for instance we have all three models and our standard equipment includes options that are paid-for extras in other markets. This leads to price differences.
      06-27-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
PhilD
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX 50

The spec levels available vary a lot between countries. For the US, I suspect the range for the 40 wasn't going to fly seeing as it's such a big country (surprising that it's not the same in Canada tbh). For other markets, the minimum spec varies quite a bit. I remember looking at the German website, out of interest, and the entry level spec was completely different and they had all kind. Germany has the 40 and the 50 available in a 'low' spec called 'Serie' with some pretty basic looking 20" wheels. The UK has a higher spec of both the 40 and 50, 21" standard on both and the 50 is only available in the 'high' spec M Sport. The 50 in Canada does look remarkable cheap though, although the base spec does appear to be lower than the models of other countries. It looks like things like the HUD, drive recorder, parking assistant, driving assistant, wireless device charging and quite a few other things are optional extras, which are standard in other markets. All of those are standard on both the 40 and the 50 in the UK. Hell, on the '23 model, even the tow bar and the panoramic roof are standard now.
Appreciate 0