BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

02-17-2021, 10:47 PM   #1
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Giga World Questions

Hey all-

This may have been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread, so here comes one. Ordering a third i3/i3s, first was a 2015 white/tera, second is an imperial blue/tera on order for the spouse, and now I am ordering one for myself, so we don't fight over the EV like last time. I am thinking maybe an interior change, but have not seen an LCI version of the Giga in person (2018 model year+). Questions are as follows:

1- what is the feel of the wool seat material? Is it a heavy, soft, almost tweedy sport jacket type material?

2- what is its in person color? I have seen photos that range from grey with what looks like a variation of a houndstooth check, to a reddish-brown color, and many shades between the two.

3- the leather dash, and the plastic material of the doors and console- do they match the color of the headliner?

4- how is the wear, and upkeep on the wool upholstery in Giga?

I have dogs, but being Frenchies, they travel in crates in the car, I don't tend to wear over-dyed jeans. Learned my lesson with the Mugello Red interior that was in my 2015 X5M. I also don't tend to eat, or have food in my car, so dirt and grime would likely be off me and my shoes if it's nasty outside going to the car.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. Would like a change from the Tera, and also a different interior than my spouse's i3s, and Giga looks quirky and stylish, but without seeing the interior in person, it makes me hesitant.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Since we are loyal BMW customers, and I’ve ordered multiple M cars, including a completely unique “Individual Manufaktur” M4, our regional rep pushed us into production slots for next month.

Now, I need to decide what to do about finalizing my choices. Does no one have anything to contribute to my questions about the Giga interior? I’d hoped someone would be able to contribute some info to help me decide. Please do, if you know anything, have seen the LCI Giga in person, or own it.

Here is a link to my Individual Manufaktur M4. It took a bit over a year to design and produce. It was a fun project, and I look forward to doing it again, in the future.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1300840
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 08:14 PM   #3
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Sorry, I really want to help but have no idea about Giga.

Wife's i3 is Deka (base model) because she loves the blue edge lines of the seats even if it means it is a cheap cloth material :
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 08:58 PM   #4
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Sorry, I really want to help but have no idea about Giga.

Wife's i3 is Deka (base model) because she loves the blue edge lines of the seats even if it means it is a cheap cloth material :
Thank you, I appreciate that. Got an email late this afternoon from my client adviser that I needed to finalize both orders, as they were one step from locking in the system. Decided on the spur of the moment to stick with the Imperial Blue/Tera with Jet Black Wheels, and to do the other i3s in Galvanic Gold/Tera with Jet Black Wheels.

Love the look of Giga in photos, but too risky an option without seeing it, or getting good feedback, and time ran out.

Now I need to have a second ChargePoint+ charger put in. We have one from the 2015 i3, but I don't want to be fighting over one charger and two EVs.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 02:29 AM   #5
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Giga World Questions

Congrats, Jet Black wheels also should be really nice. Glad to hear that this is your second i3.

Ours is a 2018 i3 REX and the lease is ending in August. Wife is so happy with it that she wants to lease another one, actually exactly the same color and trim

Have you driven i3s? What made you go with sport this time?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
Congrats, Jet Black wheels also should be really nice. Glad to hear that this is your second i3.

Ours is a 2018 i3 REX and the lease is ending in August. Wife is so happy with it that she wants to lease another one, actually exactly the same color and trim

Have you driven i3s? What made you go with sport this time?
Went with the “s” versions because we are used to driving M cars, and wanted the faster 0-60, the sportier style, wider stance, slightly lower stance, sport suspension, all the things the “s” model offered. The “s” model also seemed to review as such to fix our complaints with the first i3. We loved it, and think fondly on it, but it had issues we disliked, such as feeling squirmy on the highway in the rain. Reviews of the “s” model state the changes fix that. Mostly, it came to these things, and the looks of the “s” model being aesthetically more pleasing to us.

The black wheels are a bit of a bone of contention, I am not a fan of black rims, the spouse is. Went them them to bring peace to the house. I’d have preferred the two tone black and polished ones like were on my X5M and my M4.
Appreciate 0