BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
People Lease Cars....what about Parts/Mods?

I see many posts with leasers "parting out" with a list of mods that they need to get rid of in order to turn in their leased car.

The car is leased...why not lease the parts as well? :: suspensions, chips, brakes, wheels, exhausts....you name it.

Would you pay for this service? Say if it included installation of the parts and uninstall before trade in.

Let me know your thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
sherman9800
Rep
Drives: Lexus

The problem I see with this is warranty of the parts after a certain amount of time since probably the warranty is close to running out after the average 3 year lease.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Cars have titles that allow the leasing company to maintain contractual ownership of the car in order to secure the lease cleanly, efficiently, and cheaply. Aftermarket parts do not have titles. The cost to document an aftermarket parts lease just wouldn't be practical (each transaction would be custom).
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankcah View Post
I see many posts with leasers "parting out" with a list of mods that they need to get rid of in order to turn in their leased car.

The car is leased...why not lease the parts as well? :: suspensions, chips, brakes, wheels, exhausts....you name it.

Would you pay for this service? Say if it included installation of the parts and uninstall before trade in.

You can lease new F30's with M Performance parts port installed and built into the payment...I think that's the safest option.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
RBR_630
Rep
Drives: '14 F30 Diesel

I would think BMW USA would welcome me going to them and purchase/install their performance exhaust ony e90, no? How would this affect my lease? It's an oem part. My lease is up in 2014
      02-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #6
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankcah View Post

I think your on to a good idea. You'd lease the parts to people then after take them off and sell them. If something breaks because of the mods, you have to take that in to consideration also. Because like if you tune a 335i, then the turbos blow and they bring it to the dealership, they won't get fixed. You could have a service I guess that if something breaks you will un install for the to bring it to service.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

but in all honestly, i think it's a cool idea. I'd pay $50 a month or something to have my car hooked up for the 3 years
Appreciate 0