BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-21-2018, 06:25 PM   #45
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Oh if its a choice between Seattle and Dallas, remember they have v high octane gas in Texas
      12-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #46
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Would probably choose Dallas for the weather and overall cost of living... the politics also seem better.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      12-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #47
aswy6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

How much do you think they should be compensating me at to enjoy living there and offset the high cost? The Seattle is very attractive because i feel like i will have much better career opportunity there than Dallas. All things being equal, i would choose Dallas but the opportunity they offer is pretty attractive, at least it sounds like it
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #48
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Oh if its a choice between Seattle and Dallas, remember they have v high octane gas in Texas
But with 10% ethanol. 15% soon. Not sure about WA, but in DFW there is no ethanol free gas.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 10:45 PM   #49
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
But with 10% ethanol. 15% soon. Not sure about WA, but in DFW there is no ethanol free gas.
From the pumps I've seen its up to 10% on 92, though I've seen ethanol free 87 on Gas Buddy at 78 or whatever that orange ball gas station is called
      12-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #50
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
From the pumps I've seen its up to 10% on 92, though I've seen ethanol free 87 on Gas Buddy at 78 or whatever that orange ball gas station is called
Yeah, but most of us don't need 87.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #51
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Yah I know. We have Ethanol free here in BC. Chevron 94 (Its like Shell 92/Chevron 92) and Shell 91
      12-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #52
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yah I know. We have Ethanol free here in BC. Chevron 94 (Its like Shell 92/Chevron 92) and Shell 91
You have a few other upsides up there too.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #53
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
DA around Seattle will usually be lower and knocking won't be as likely.
      12-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #54
aswy6
Captain
Rep

Are there any good shops around Seattle that can work on M cars?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #55
Milan
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Seattle is all liberals and homeless people. They have good companies there but the cost of housing is so outrageous it doesn't really matter. Traffic sucks, worse than LA in my opinion.

Washington car scene is not what it used to be in the early 2000's. Weather is always bad, hard to find E85, insurance and vehicle registration are through the roof.
      01-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #56
FastActionJax
Go Fast Dont Die!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I Lived in Seattle for 3 years and loved it there! I'm not quite sure what type of things your in to but I there's a ton of cool things to do there. I would snowboard and hike often at Snoqualmie Mountain, There's a really cool spot like 2 hrs north Id go to a lot as well called Anacortes Island. Downtown Seattle and University district are also really great places to be, Tons of good food and activities there. Gas works park is also really cool, google these places. The cost of living is on the higher side and the sun does shine despite everyone saying its always raining there, Yes it rains and its grey out a lot but when the sun shines over Seattle its beautiful! I only left Seattle because my Mother got sick and I moved back home because of it.
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 07:40 PM   #57
aswy6
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
I Lived in Seattle for 3 years and loved it there! I'm not quite sure what type of things your in to but I there's a ton of cool things to do there. I would snowboard and hike often at Snoqualmie Mountain, There's a really cool spot like 2 hrs north Id go to a lot as well called Anacortes Island. Downtown Seattle and University district are also really great places to be, Tons of good food and activities there. Gas works park is also really cool, google these places. The cost of living is on the higher side and the sun does shine despite everyone saying its always raining there, Yes it rains and its grey out a lot but when the sun shines over Seattle its beautiful! I only left Seattle because my Mother got sick and I moved back home because of it.
Decided to move to Seattle as well. I hope i will like it. Currently selling both of my cars and getting X6 since i will be living in downtown. Super exited to go skiing etc!!
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      01-06-2019, 02:58 AM   #58
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
Car community is huge.

Liberals there suck ass.

Taxes also suck ass.

Liberals continuously vote for more taxes so nobody can afford to live there.

Beautiful city, beautiful place and surrounding area.

7/10. Would move there again.
I would live in the outskirts of Seattle. They are running it to the ground. They think they are doing good thinks like helping the homeless by giving them free stuff like tents, etc.. but the population seems to grow no matter how much money they throw at it.. (which probably is part of the problem). Mayor to me seems a bit unstable, but that's only a outside opinion. I'm shocked he's still in office, but there's a huge liberal community here.

My favorite was taxing levy charging companies like Amazon to help the homeless. They were going to charge $275 per employee taxes on companies that make $20M a year.. but remarkable they came to their senses (or by force) and repealed it. Likely if they kept it they would have forced many companies to move.

Don't know if your into firearms.. but for the last couple of years, WA had been going down the path of CA laws. Example is 1639.. they just took away the rights of 18-20 year olds to buy firearms, and if your firearm gets stolen from your house, you can get a charged with "community endangerment".

Housing prices has been going up pretty fast the last few years. You definitely can't buy a lot the closer you get into Seattle unless you want to spend a lot.

As for the good stuff.. people here fall into two categories for me, friendly and indifferent/don't care about you. I've found the most generous people here in this state where to a point they seem like they can't be real..

The place is beautiful for hiking and camping. The rain here is not like real rain. Most of the time it is like a misty rain when it's raining. Summer time is one of the most beautiful times to be here.

We have good shopping centers/malls. Maybe not as fancy as some places in CA, but good places.

Seafood is awesome here. Lots of good places to eat.

It's close to Canada so you can do a day trip there and enjoy Stanley Park or have excellent Chinese food.
Appreciate 1
IanMan382.50
      01-06-2019, 03:13 AM   #59
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
Don't know if your into firearms.. but for the last couple of years, WA had been going down the path of CA laws. Example is 1639.. they just took away the rights of 18-20 year olds to buy firearms, and if your firearm gets stolen from your house, you can get a charged with "community endangerment".
Off-Topic but I agree with this, if you secured your firearm properly it wouldn't get stolen, unless ofc you were at gunpoint lol.
      01-06-2019, 04:12 AM   #60
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Off-Topic but I agree with this, if you secured your firearm properly it wouldn't get stolen, unless ofc you were at gunpoint lol.
Properly is subjective. Rent a apartment you can't do mods to it like bolt in a safe.. but I guess if you had a safe it should be considered within reason.. well unless you live in Seattle.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      01-06-2019, 04:46 AM   #61
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Properly is subjective. Rent a apartment you can't do mods to it like bolt in a safe.. but I guess if you had a safe it should be considered within reason.. well unless you live in Seattle.
I heard to stay away from Everett
      01-06-2019, 05:57 AM   #62
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I heard to stay away from Everett
Yeah, parts of there are not good. I would also stay away from parts of Marysville.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      01-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #63
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, parts of there are not good. I would also stay away from parts of Marysville.
Stopped there for gas once at night while heading home. Was sketch AF.
      01-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #64
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
How much do you think they should be compensating me at to enjoy living there and offset the high cost? The Seattle is very attractive because i feel like i will have much better career opportunity there than Dallas. All things being equal, i would choose Dallas but the opportunity they offer is pretty attractive, at least it sounds like it
Depends how good you are and how much exp you have as a Data Scientist( a real one not a noob who took a few Andrew Ng courses and now calls himself a Data Scientist)

You'll probably stand to make about the same as CA salaries.

I hear the tech scene has grown quite a bit in Dallas, but have you actually been there? Lol Texas, flat as a pancake, everything is private land so make sure you like the indoors, and...it's Texas lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #65
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

That COWBOYS WIN tho!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #66
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ Dak had me wondering but showed his metal in the end.
Colts look scary.

To the...
'It's Texas lol' remark.

The cost of a U-haul from Dallas to LA is half the price of LA to Dallas.
I guess the California mountains and the Pacific aren't helping out with paying the bills and putting food on the table. Sorry, but your elected leaders have you guys in a death spiral. PG&E is exploring bankruptcy?
Damn!

Good luck to up there OP. Enjoy Seattle. If you don't...leave. Used needles and human feces are just too biohazard for myself.