ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30inthe6ix View Post
Murray isn't a terrible goalie - far from it actually - but Andersen is better. Sure, Murray shines in the playoffs, and you've got a couple Cups to show for it, but let's also not forget that 15 years ago you guys were on the verge of folding the organization. Sooner or later your stars will age, and you'll start missing the playoffs. I wonder if even half of your bandwagon is going to stick around for that rebuild. Thank god for revenue sharing, right?
How to start the goalie part - do we want to look historically, where Murray is unproven with 2 cups...winning both cups as a rookie, or do we want to look how Andersen fared with Anaheim? Do we want to look at regular season, or playoffs?

Sophomore jinx, loss of a bunch of D last season, Pens getting shelled in their first few games. A team that was tired for playing twice as many games as everyone else over the last two years. What part do we want to analyze with this? Maybe for all intents and purposes, his glove hand was weighed down by his championship rings. Plausible anyway.

I'd be willing to bet dollar to Tim Horton's donut, that 90% of the league would take Matt Murray over Frederik Andersen any day of the week. You mentioned fantasy in the above post - Murray is higher in everyone's depth chart...look them up if you want.
      07-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #882
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
How to start the goalie part - do we want to look historically, where Murray is unproven with 2 cups...winning both cups as a rookie, or do we want to look how Andersen fared with Anaheim? Do we want to look at regular season, or playoffs?

Sophomore jinx, loss of a bunch of D last season, Pens getting shelled in their first few games. A team that was tired for playing twice as many games as everyone else over the last two years. What part do we want to analyze with this? Maybe for all intents and purposes, his glove hand was weighed down by his championship rings. Plausible anyway.

I'd be willing to bet dollar to Tim Horton's donut, that 90% of the league would take Matt Murray over Frederik Andersen any day of the week. You mentioned fantasy in the above post - Murray is higher in everyone's depth chart...look them up if you want.
Depth Chart

I can't even find Matt Murray on there....can you help me?
      07-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #883
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOLLLLLLLLL This guy just said Sheahan is a better two-way player than Kadri.

Dude, I'm done. Have fun with your biased nonsense. You realize that Kadri almost has better stats in a single season than Sheahan does in his career?

Oh, and let me guess, you've got guys in the AHL better than Marner and Matthews, right? At least warn me before you're gonna crack jokes like that...my coffee nearly ended up all over my keyboard from laughing at that.
You're telling me your best 2 way player is only a +2 with scoring 55 points in the season? Do you realize how many goals against he's out for with point production that high. He's a f'ing minus player majority of the time he's out.

Do you really know what a two way player is? Ability to score - ability to from getting scored on. I don't think there's another player on your team (forward wise) that was out for as many goals against than him.

Maybe Toronto hasn't had a good team in so long, that your expectations are just really low. Call me when you win something though...I'm just not sure if I got another 50 years in me.
      07-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #884
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Depth Chart

He's #84 but well behind Andersen

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #885
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
You're telling me your best 2 way player is only a +2 with scoring 55 points in the season? Do you realize how many goals against he's out for with point production that high. He's a f'ing minus player majority of the time he's out.

Do you really know what a two way player is? Ability to score - ability to from getting scored on. I don't think there's another player on your team (forward wise) that was out for as many goals against than him.

Maybe Toronto hasn't had a good team in so long, that your expectations are just really low. Call me when you win something though...I'm just not sure if I got another 50 years in me.
Kadri always plays against the other teams top line. Next.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #886
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
He's #84 but well behind Andersen
Right about where he deserves to be.
      07-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #887
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can you believe he's trying to defend this argument of Sheahan > Kadri?

We'll have to revisit this in October...or better yet, in April. Let's hope Sheahan makes the cut out of training camp this season
      07-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #888
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you believe he's trying to defend this argument of Sheahan > Kadri?

We'll have to revisit this in October...or better yet, in April.
Yes it's statements like that that proves he knows nothing. And to boot I'm a huge Pens fan. I was down there many times when plumbers like Warren Young were in the league because they were lucky enough to play with Lemieux. I'm not a delusional Leafs either. I know their D needs major help but I give credit where credit is due. This guy is just a Pens fanboy with his black and yellow colored glasses on.

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #889
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes it's statements like that that proves he knows nothing.
I wouldn't say he knows nothing, but his Pens bias is definitely impeding his common sense.

Queue the "haven't won a Cup in 50 years" comeback...that doesn't get old.
      07-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #890
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Depth Chart

Yeah - I can do this to. Over and over.

Goalie Rankings 2018
      07-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #891
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your guy gets what 13 to 14 minutes a game? At least in his last 5 games I've seen in the playoffs - top lines typically hit over 20 minutes. I find your statement flawed.

As for production - I see your chump a few times a year at most. Maybe Pittsburgh is a bad match up for him and he's a stud with everyone else.
Attached Images

07-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #892
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wouldn't say he knows nothing, but his Pens bias is definitely impeding his common sense.

Queue the "haven't won a Cup in 50 years" comeback...that doesn't get old.
I do believe I've admitted my bias (as late as today). That's what all of us are suppose to do...just like your bias with Toronto.

But, again...my bias is backed up with hardware, your bias is backed up by 50 years of misery.

In any case - I do enjoy engaging hockey talk in July. Thanks - and cheers
      07-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #893
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I do believe I've admitted my bias (as late as today). That's what all of us are suppose to do...just like your bias with Toronto.

But, again...my bias is backed up with hardware, your bias is backed up by 50 years of misery.

In any case - I do enjoy engaging hockey talk in July. Thanks - and cheers
How many Cups do you have? & how many do we have? Thought so.

Quote:
Yeah - I can do this to. Over and over.

Goalie Rankings 2018

One spot ahead, meanwhile in other rankings he's 30 spots below. Average that out and Andersen wins.
      07-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #894
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How many Cups do you have? & how many do we have? Thought so.
Dude...anyone can win when there's only a few teams in the league...it's more luck of the draw than a Championship. The cups before '67 mean jack shit. Fuck sake, high school teams have a harder run today than the NHL had back then.

Quote:
One spot ahead, meanwhile in other rankings he's 30 spots below. Average that out and Andersen wins.
Your great chart with Andersen so high is a banger chart...so what, Andersen gets points and moved up for penalty minutes. Awesome stat

What's your facination with Anaheim`s discarded goods? You're finding gold in someone else's reject...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #895
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Dude...anyone can win when there's only a few teams in the league...it's more luck of the draw than a Championship. The cups before '67 mean jack shit. Fuck sake, high school teams have a harder run today than the NHL had back then.

Your great chart with Andersen so high is a banger chart...so what, Andersen gets points and moved up for penalty minutes. Awesome stat

What's your facination with Anaheim`s discarded goods? You're finding gold in someone else's reject...
The whole Cups argument just sounds like someone trying to justify why their team hasn't been as successful as ours historically. Nice try tho. You seem big on statistics, so I'll wait until you've got a real, tangible comeback to that....or I'll wait until you guys bang out back-to-back-to-back-to-back championships...not.

As for "discarded goods"...don't you wish you still had Marc-Andre? Or is he "discarded goods" as well? Another solid argument you've got going here.
      07-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #896
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The whole Cups argument just sounds like someone trying to justify why their team hasn't been as successful as ours historically. Nice try tho. You seem big on statistics, so I'll wait until you've got a real, tangible comeback to that....or I'll wait until you guys bang out back-to-back-to-back-to-back championships...not.
Feel free to quote me when Toronto accomplishes something with significance...till then, enjoy your faded out back to back to back to back banners that require a good dusting.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #897
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Feel free to quote me when Toronto accomplishes something with significance...till then, enjoy your faded out back to back to back to back banners that require a good dusting.
Maybe once your guy is done dusting off the few that you have, he can come and work on our more extensive collection.

Based on your current trajectory, he'll be "discarded goods" in a couple of seasons anyway
      07-04-2018, 01:41 PM   #898
Kid Eh
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
If it wasn't for Toronto (hockey capital of the world) you'd have fuck all. I can put a team together with current players just from Ontario that would wipe the floor with any team from the USA (we won't bother with just Pennsylvania cuz our womens team would win that). So talk to me when you live in a proper world class city and not a cesspool like Pittsburgh. We get it, you're jealous. That's cool.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/prov...eer-stats.html

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #899
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
If it wasn't for Toronto (hockey capital of the world) you'd have fuck all. I can put a team together with current players just from Ontario that would wipe the floor with any team from the USA (we won't bother with just Pennsylvania cuz our womens team would win that). So talk to me when you live in a proper world class city and not a cesspool like Pittsburgh. We get it, you're jealous. That's cool.

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/prov...eer-stats.html
Woah....

Wait a second.

THE BEST PLAYER ON THE LEAFS IS AMERICAN, dummy!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #900
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Woah....

Wait a second.

THE BEST PLAYER ON THE LEAFS IS AMERICAN, dummy!
This is debatable now that Tavares is on the team.

Matthews has the highest ceiling on the Leafs, I'll admit that much.
      07-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #901
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Lilijgren could be a stud, but he didn't look at all ready during the recent Calder Cup run. I'd say he's a year or two away still. Marleau wasn't a good signing and I'm not too happy that his contract spans three seasons. Let's hope he doesn't end up on Robidas Island before he becomes a UFA again
I have faith in the leafs in signing nylander, mitch and auston. They just need to move Marleau and Kadri and they are good! They also need some of their D prospects to come up and play.
      07-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #902
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeinBMW View Post
I have faith in the leafs in signing nylander, mitch and auston. They just need to move Marleau and Kadri and they are good! They also need some of their D prospects to come up and play.
I would keep Kadri, and let Marleau play out the duration of his deal, unless he starts playing terrible. To get a young, stud d-man, the Leafs will have to part with some talent, which starts at Nylander unfortunately.

Like yourself, I'm hoping that their D prospects develop quickly and into competent NHLers so that we don't have to seek trade options to get our back end solidified.