vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Russia is going to launch a cyberattack against the US.
The Russian phishing brigades have been super-busy for the past week now. I'm fully expecting them to do something on social media to cause confusion, as a cover for people reporting troop movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
On 2/16, same day they invade
Russia made a statement this morning that they were ordering some troops to return to their bases. The first thought to cross my mind was that they were returning to their Soviet-era bases in the Ukraine, and not back to Russia.....
Buug95917409.50
antgenn319.00
      02-15-2022, 07:55 AM   #1300
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Historically haven't they usually waited for the Olympic games to be over before launching an attack? I thought I had read that somewhere in that there's a odd pattern that shows warfare being delayed until after the conclusion. I suppose that's actually the reason the Olympics were created in the first place.

To take this a step further, I would not be surprised if Russia were coordinating any pending attack with China. It's probably a matter of time before we start hearing about China doing something with Taiwan. Putin and Xi have been buddying up and it's concerning.

In any case, there are a number of nightmare scenarios. I for one hope it doesn't happen. Can't begin to imagine the catastrophic consequences.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:11 AM   #1301
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

...many of the posters here have had their eyes glued to CNN, and, no surprise, CNN doesn't correct their 'objective' reporting, even when evidence to the contrary is apparent.
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
      02-15-2022, 09:18 PM   #1302
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When I woke from a football dream, I recognized that the crowd cheering was actually the heater coming on

Based on that volume, and the relative voice volume, I did NOT yell out:
He
Could
Go
All
The
Way

repeatedly
      02-16-2022, 01:24 PM   #1303
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

This "Russian", er I mean ROC speed skater had Kamila Valieva on his mind after winning gold in their medal round event.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 03:18 PM   #1304
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
This "Russian", er I mean ROC speed skater had Kamila Valieva on his mind after winning gold in their medal round event.
You seem to have some strange fear or aversion to or for things Russian. Step away from CNN and broaden your perspective a little bit. The U.S. cares or pretends to care (under whatever pretext) about Russia far more than Russia or its citizens care about the U.S. On a number of occasions, Vladimir Putin has even conceded on global television broadcasts that the U.S. is the only remaining superpower and that Russia of today is not what the U.S.S.R. was after WWII, nor is Russia interested in competing with the U.S. Recent history has shown, that the U.S. will use Russia as a boogeyman in attempt to subvert its own democratically elected government. Russia does not care what government is elected in the U.S., but they do, just like any other nation in the world, care about protecting its national security interests. So, when we install missile defense systems in Poland and continue to move them farther and farther East under a self-righteous, self-appointed global moral/policing authority, it's little surprising why Russia responds the way it does. Yes, some of the things Russia does are questionable, including annexation of Crimea. Notwithstanding, how would our government react if Russia decreed the Keystone XL pipeline shut down, if it installed missile defense system in Cuba?
Regarding war in the Ukraine, it's difficult to decipher what Vladimir Putin will or will not do, but our government is only contributing only fear and hysteria to the situation, as well as propagates xenophobic uneducated perspectives of Russians through the media. When the country under attack has to tell the Biden administration to simmer down, that's beyond embarrassing. Whenever I watch the news it seems to me we say we don't want war, but in reality we do, our military industrial complex demands it after the wind down in Afghanistan.
Regarding hacking, doping, installing governments so on and so forth. We do it too, but we are just much better at getting away with it. Besides, who will listen to or take interest in Russia and China complain about their intelligence agencies being hacked?
Regarding strategic alliances, why would China and Russia not create strategic partnerships, its not as if anyone else is keenly interested in doing so with either. I'm personally very interested in some of the recent partnerships, including the joint development of the CR929 aircraft and how it may disrupt Boeing and Airbus's hold on the commercial aerospace market.
Unsolicited, but my 0.02 nonetheless.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #1305
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
You seem to have some strange fear or aversion to or for things Russian. Step away from CNN and broaden your perspective a little bit. The U.S. cares or pretends to care (under whatever pretext) about Russia far more than Russia or its citizens care about the U.S. On a number of occasions, Vladimir Putin has even conceded on global television broadcasts that the U.S. is the only remaining superpower and that Russia of today is not what the U.S.S.R. was after WWII, nor is Russia interested in competing with the U.S. Recent history has shown, that the U.S. will use Russia as a boogeyman in attempt to subvert its own democratically elected government. Russia does not care what government is elected in the U.S., but they do, just like any other nation in the world, care about protecting its national security interests. So, when we install missile defense systems in Poland and continue to move them farther and farther East under a self-righteous, self-appointed global moral/policing authority, it's little surprising why Russia responds the way it does. Yes, some of the things Russia does are questionable, including annexation of Crimea. Notwithstanding, how would our government react if Russia decreed the Keystone XL pipeline shut down, if it installed missile defense system in Cuba?
Regarding war in the Ukraine, it's difficult to decipher what Vladimir Putin will or will not do, but our government is only contributing only fear and hysteria to the situation, as well as propagates xenophobic uneducated perspectives of Russians through the media. When the country under attack has to tell the Biden administration to simmer down, that's beyond embarrassing. Whenever I watch the news it seems to me we say we don't want war, but in reality we do, our military industrial complex demands it after the wind down in Afghanistan.
Regarding hacking, doping, installing governments so on and so forth. We do it too, but we are just much better at getting away with it. Besides, who will listen to or take interest in Russia and China complain about their intelligence agencies being hacked?
Regarding strategic alliances, why would China and Russia not create strategic partnerships, its not as if anyone else is keenly interested in doing so with either. I'm personally very interested in some of the recent partnerships, including the joint development of the CR929 aircraft and how it may disrupt Boeing and Airbus's hold on the commercial aerospace market.
You don't know me and I haven't watched CNN in a long time. This post was not a political one, but one related to a comment I had made previously about the young figure skater getting caught doping. I kind of thought this image was funny. No more, no less. I don't know what your thoughts are on Olympic games but I for one feel bad for the "clean" athletes that have spent a lifetime to get to where they are and compete for a medal representing their respective countries.

Oh by the way, I don't dislike Russian women.
I've had a few posts here and there that would support that.
I've actually enjoyed meeting Russians in person and have enjoyed having drinks and giving each other a hard time, all in good fun. I realize people are often times very similar, regardless of what their government does and says. Deep down we are all human.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25112.00
Buug95917409.50
antgenn319.00
      02-16-2022, 03:43 PM   #1306
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
You don't know me and I haven't watched CNN in a long time. This post was not a political one, but one related to a comment I had made previously about the young figure skater getting caught doping. I kind of thought this image was funny. No more, no less. I don't know what your thoughts are on Olympic games but I for one feel bad for the "clean" athletes that have spent a lifetime to get to where they are and compete for a medal representing their respective countries.

Oh by the way, I don't dislike Russian women.
I've had a few posts here and there that would support that.
Yeah I don't want to get your thread shut down since this forum no longer supports any debate related to politics.

I'll be in Russia next week incidentally, will see if any women are interested in moving to the ATL😄
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00
      02-19-2022, 12:38 AM   #1307
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Rob Lowe is doing something right
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 12:41 AM   #1308
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Rob Lowe is doing something right
Do you mean his trim physique? His TV commercials say it's Atkins. lol
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7561.50
      02-19-2022, 10:43 AM   #1309
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Actually Robe Lowe is a good dude. I remember several years ago when there were devastating wildfires wiping out large swaths of California (yeah nothing new) and he had invited the firefighters into his home and served them a nice meal. Thought that was very cool.

Oh Lowe and Paul Rudd seem to be doing something right.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      02-21-2022, 04:35 PM   #1310
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

War and bloodshed is coming. Sigh.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      02-21-2022, 05:53 PM   #1311
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Those who still are dependent on fossil fuel will be paying north of $6.00/gallon by
March 1st.....
      02-21-2022, 06:44 PM   #1312
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Not liking the doom and gloom in the last 2 posts
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615278.50
TiMSport12803.00
Sedan_Clan25112.00
      02-21-2022, 07:11 PM   #1313
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Rebekahb will add a happier post to this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:07 AM   #1314
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Those who still are dependent on fossil fuel will be paying north of $6.00/gallon by
March 1st.....
Ha! In before the count.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dino GT35134.50
vreihen1615278.50
      02-22-2022, 11:11 AM   #1315
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

That's better than THIS at least.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dino GT35134.50
vreihen1615278.50
      02-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #1316
rwheels
Major
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
That's better than THIS at least.
What must the animals think of us?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dino GT35134.50
TiMSport12803.00
      02-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #1317
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
What must the animals think of us?
They're thinking that one day humans will become extinct due to stupidity and the animals will once again rule the planet.
Appreciate 1
rwheels7066.50
      02-22-2022, 11:15 PM   #1318
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Russians are invading Bimmerpost
Appreciate 4
Esteban43748.00
TiMSport12803.00
vreihen1615278.50
antgenn319.00
      02-23-2022, 12:31 AM   #1319
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

We're going to be seeing more scenes of those stupid people filling their grocery bags and laundry baskets at the gas stations in California very soon. The avg. per gallon of unleaded is nearing $5 in Cali!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 12:32 AM   #1320
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
We're going to be seeing more scenes of those stupid people filling their grocery bags and laundry baskets at the gas stations in California very soon. The avg. per gallon of unleaded is nearing $5 in Cali!
I buy premium and already pay over $5 a gallon. It sucks. Thankfully I don't drive much these days.