BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

04-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
gadgetfreaky
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 550

Creaking dashboard at fwy speeds?

I had the radio off on the freeway last night at about 74+mph I'm getting a creaking sound from what sounds like the dash when the road isn't perfectly smooth. anyone else? Basically vibration from the road traveling up and it sound like it's coming from the windshield dash area. Hard to figure out but it's there. I'm hoping it goes away? I have a 2015 as I was hoping these tight finishing details would have been worked out. anyone else?

With the radio on or sport mode I can't hear it but when I want a perfectly silent cabin it's noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
I had the radio off on the freeway last night at about 74+mph I'm getting a creaking sound from what sounds like the dash when the road isn't perfectly smooth. anyone else? Basically vibration from the road traveling up and it sound like it's coming from the windshield dash area. Hard to figure out but it's there. I'm hoping it goes away? I have a 2015 as I was hoping these tight finishing details would have been worked out. anyone else?

With the radio on or sport mode I can't hear it but when I want a perfectly silent cabin it's noticeable.
Haven't noticed but as you say I am not sure I am on EV mode at 73 on highway a lot, will try tomorrow and report.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Never had any creaking or sounds like that. Tried various speeds and m-way surfaces.
Appreciate 0