Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

09-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #1211
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Awesome leg day this afternoon!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 05:17 AM   #1212
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So this morning was Chest......weigh in was just shy of 205lbs. Programming had me setting up new 1RMs for my next progression coming up.

Flat Bench was 385lbs, and I hit a solid single with no aches or weird feelings.

I will admit that we can all stand to learn something, and I have always been someone who's worked out fasted. Well since getting up so early, and now that I'm bulking....I have started eating something light at least 45 minutes before I head out to the gym. I have been having 3 eggs/3 egg whites, 1-2 pieces of Super-Dave Bread toasted with local honey on it, and a small banana each morning.

Maybe it's just the change in my routine, but since I have been doing this the workouts have been amazing. Pumps are through the roof....so much so that they are painful at times.

I'm back up around 3800 calories since I have been slowly increasing them since my diet. I'm officially down to a "4-pack" with the waist...but plan to keep pushing this and see where it goes.
      09-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #1213
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So this morning was Chest......weigh in was just shy of 205lbs. Programming had me setting up new 1RMs for my next progression coming up.

Flat Bench was 385lbs, and I hit a solid single with no aches or weird feelings.

I will admit that we can all stand to learn something, and I have always been someone who's worked out fasted. Well since getting up so early, and now that I'm bulking....I have started eating something light at least 45 minutes before I head out to the gym. I have been having 3 eggs/3 egg whites, 1-2 pieces of Super-Dave Bread toasted with local honey on it, and a small banana each morning.

Maybe it's just the change in my routine, but since I have been doing this the workouts have been amazing. Pumps are through the roof....so much so that they are painful at times.

I'm back up around 3800 calories since I have been slowly increasing them since my diet. I'm officially down to a "4-pack" with the waist...but plan to keep pushing this and see where it goes.
Nice! I usually have a cup of oatmeal before heading to the gym. I've been watching a lot of Seth Feroce's training and I've changed my workouts and so far I've improved my workouts like 10x! keep up the early workouts as I couldn't do it. my mind is still asleep even when i'm at work
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #1214
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Nice! I usually have a cup of oatmeal before heading to the gym. I've been watching a lot of Seth Feroce's training and I've changed my workouts and so far I've improved my workouts like 10x! keep up the early workouts as I couldn't do it. my mind is still asleep even when i'm at work
Yeah....I'm really liking this eating beforehand. Like I said I'm starting to smooth out a little, but the weight is coming on quickly. I'm seeing a big difference in my upper shoulder girdle. I snapped this earlier. Being able to handle the heavier weights especially in my deadlifts is starting to show.

I actually look like I train with weights now even while wearing a larger shirt. My traps are starting to take off!
Attached Images

09-24-2019, 06:58 PM   #1215
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah....I'm really liking this eating beforehand. Like I said I'm starting to smooth out a little, but the weight is coming on quickly. I'm seeing a big difference in my upper shoulder girdle. I snapped this earlier. Being able to handle the heavier weights especially in my deadlifts is starting to show.

I actually look like I train with weights now even while wearing a larger shirt. My traps are starting to take off!
Nice traps! I see guys in the gym huge as ef but with no traps. Looks really weird. Than I see guys with huge ass traps and tiny ass shoulders.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 07:18 PM   #1216
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I will admit that most of my muscle groups grow pretty easily. My only complaint is that the shapes aren't perfect. Like my biceps could have a bit more peak, lats insert a little lower towards my waist, quads could have a little more sweep, etc.

But you can't be blessed 100% genetically and I admit I was dealt a pretty decent hand aside from being only 5'8" tall.
      09-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #1217
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I dont know what mine look like cant see them.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #1218
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I will admit that most of my muscle groups grow pretty easily. My only complaint is that the shapes aren't perfect. Like my biceps could have a bit more peak, lats insert a little lower towards my waist, quads could have a little more sweep, etc.

But you can't be blessed 100% genetically and I admit I was dealt a pretty decent hand aside from being only 5'8" tall.
I believe peak and shape come later after you've been working out for so long. but I know getting leaner and leaner will help those definitions show more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I dont know what mine look like cant see them.
that's because all your doing is squats! maybe squat using your neck!

here's my traps. trying to figure out what are the best movements. and whether if there's movements that target the upper or lower part of the trap. what trap movements do you do rmtt?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 09-24-2019 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #1219
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

It's not helping my legs either I can see those and prefer not to
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #1220
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe peak and shape come later after you've been working out for so long. but I know getting leaner and leaner will help those definitions show more.

that's because all your doing is squats! maybe squat using your neck!

here's my traps. trying to figure out what are the best movements. and whether if there's movements that target the upper or lower part of the trap. what trap movements do you do rmtt?

I do typical shrugs and deadlift work. But another thing I think I mentioned it in here months ago was that at the end of any overhead press, I will add a shrug to it.

You can feel it sitting there, just raise your arms above your head....hold them up, and do a shrugging motion.

This targets the upper traps, and with weight added in it hits them hard. But I was always taught to press like that.

Last edited by Rmtt; 09-25-2019 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #1221
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So tomorrow is arm and auxillary stuff day! I'm really enjoying the routine I'm currently using alternating long and short head bicep exercises.

I had to go into work early this morning to train some guys on a new bit of automation I implemented. So I was actually at the gym by 1:30 last night and at work by 3:00am.

I know I work out early, but today was a rough one!
      09-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #1222
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Man chicks nowadays are very straight forward as this little blondie hottie must be at least 17-18 years old. I'm here at the gym late night workout 9pm and its actually pretty dead in here. Maybe 5 people including me. She walks up to me with a smile and she says hello. I smile back and say good evening! And right off the bat she ask me "are those your boys that come in and workout with you?" And I replied "they sure are!" Are you interested in one of them?" She straight tells me "no, I just wanted to know if you were their dad and if I had a happy home relationship?" I was like WTF? she said she just wants an older guy who's more mature than these younger dudes. I told her girl, I'm at least 3x your age and she said "well it's always nice to try something new!" I told her I'm flattered but I'm happily married. She's very open and says "well if you ever want a young thang let me know cause I'm available " and she smiles and walks away.

Totally ef'd my workout and ended up leaving. Got a good 1hr workout in but that shot was crazy!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-27-2019, 05:00 AM   #1223
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Man chicks nowadays are very straight forward as this little blondie hottie must be at least 17-18 years old. I'm here at the gym late night workout 9pm and its actually pretty dead in here. Maybe 5 people including me. She walks up to me with a smile and she says hello. I smile back and say good evening! And right off the bat she ask me "are those your boys that come in and workout with you?" And I replied "they sure are!" Are you interested in one of them?" She straight tells me "no, I just wanted to know if you were their dad and if I had a happy home relationship?" I was like WTF? she said she just wants an older guy who's more mature than these younger dudes. I told her girl, I'm at least 3x your age and she said "well it's always nice to try something new!" I told her I'm flattered but I'm happily married. She's very open and says "well if you ever want a young thang let me know cause I'm available " and she smiles and walks away.

Totally ef'd my workout and ended up leaving. Got a good 1hr workout in but that shot was crazy!
LOL....Pure Gold!!

A woman can ruin your workout in a fast minute.

Just take it in stride as one of those "I still got it" moments. I have had a few at the gym do something similiar, but most of that happens to me when on vacation.

My wife loves to go in shops that I just don't care to go in. So she would usually sit me down outside with some ice cream and let me entertain myself. But that stopped one day when she came out and I had this real aggressive girl actually feeling me up.

She trusts me and knows I am harmless....but she doesn't trust other people!
      09-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #1224
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
So she would usually sit me down outside with some ice cream and let me entertain myself.
SO wrong, in SO MANY ways
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #1225
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
SO wrong, in SO MANY ways
LOL.....it does sound kind of bad doesn't it?!

Trust me if you seen my normal diet and how bland some people would call it...you would be assured that if I have ice cream for any reason...I'm eating it!
      09-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #1226
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Arm day!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #1227
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Same here. Wearing heart monitor from cardiologist so have big nugget on my chest looks kinda funny.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 03:01 PM   #1228
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^You getting old, hipster? Or is it just cool to wear a monitor?

Soccer tonight. Put some better foot beds into my turf shoes, and slept with the PF boot last night, at least for a few hours.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #1229
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Nah I'm not old just been working out so hard even my heart is getting enlarged bro. living large even bmi says I'm obese
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:31 AM   #1230
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Nah I'm not old just been working out so hard even my heart is getting enlarged bro. living large even bmi says I'm obese
Lol.....I've been obese for the last 20 years!

And it's getting worse. Weigh in this morning before the gym was 206.2.

I think this is the fastest I've ever put back on weight after a vacation. I'm going to keep pushing it aggressively until I see signs to slow it down some.

I think it's been 10 years since I've been north of 210lbs as I was always concerned with staying leaner. But I feel like I just hit my stride and I'm going to milk it for all its worth.
      09-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #1231
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Damn had a nice chest workout. Felt the pump and my chest felt full and tight! I've been on Test Boosters for the last week and I feel sooo alive!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #1232
Getzinem
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

Since I got hurt doing deadlifts and still consider it an important exercise. I would like to share 2 videos

One, demonstrating how to and how NOT to do a deadlift

and another showing you how to foam roll the muscles involved in deadlifting and squatting so you can recover faster

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!
Appreciate 1