Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

11-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

that looks awesome! nicely done OP

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 i35d M-Sport

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #25
Rapcat
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriRamJaiRam View Post
One more...
What did you do to those headlights? They look sick. Blacked out?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #26
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar
OP I really like it! Awesome thanks for sharing.. Any future plans for the interior?
No plans for the inside. I like it as is.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #27
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriRamJaiRam View Post
One more...
What did you do to those headlights? They look sick. Blacked out?
The headlights are OEM. Only vinyl wrapped the kidney grills and badges
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #28
BIGMIG74
Rep
Drives: 2014 I3 EV

Looking good! Another modded i3. Love it.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #29
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Very nice OP!
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #30
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Can we get a better look at the front? Very interested in how the vinyl wrapped kidneys look. And can we get a pic with the low beams and high beams on?

Such great mods, we need better pics!!!!
      01-26-2015, 02:41 AM   #31
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

More photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love
Can we get a better look at the front? Very interested in how the vinyl wrapped kidneys look. And can we get a pic with the low beams and high beams on?

Such great mods, we need better pics!!!!
Here's more pics..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #32
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Why anyone wants less light out of either the headlights or tail lights is beyond me...I want to see and be seen to keep the other idiots from running into me or hitting something - more warning, the better...I could really care less about how the car looks as long as it functions well.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #33
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
Why anyone wants less light out of either the headlights or tail lights is beyond me...I want to see and be seen to keep the other idiots from running into me or hitting something - more warning, the better...I could really care less about how the car looks as long as it functions well.

+1

I do like the black grill and wheels
      01-27-2015, 12:09 AM   #34
MalibuBimmer
Founder, Knights of the Roundel website
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 and 2018 AMG GT

Garage List
2018 Mercedes AMG GT  [0.00]
2018 Audi Q3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Just as significantly, if a modded car such as this gets into an accident the attorney for the other party has a target to go after -- the modification helped to cause the accident. It's as foolish as deciding not to wear one's seat belt as far as I am concerned.
Previously: 2014 i8; 2013 650i convertible; 2013 650i Gran Coupe; 2013 X1; 2010 550i GT; 2010 535 GT; 2010 Z4 3.5; 2008 535ixt; 2007 M6 convertible; 2006 650i convertible; 1996 Z3; 1980 633CSi; 1978 630CS; 1972 3.0CS; 1971 Bavaria. (1971; 1979-2005 & 2017 - ? -- the Mercedes years.)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #35
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
Quote:
Just as significantly, if a modded car such as this gets into an accident the attorney for the other party has a target to go after -- the modification helped to cause the accident. It's as foolish as deciding not to wear one's seat belt as far as I am concerned.
I don't think he did anything to the headlights as our headlights are already "blacked out"
Everything he did to his car other than the market lights (which are not even on the car in Europe and their even tougher in safety standards than the USA) is just cosmetic and has no effect on safety or "being seen" ... Just saying.

In fact I find some safety items on cars are the cause of some safety issues, I can't tell you how many times I see people driving at night with their day time running lights (low power halogen) running thinking they have their headlights on and have nothing else working, no tail lights at all. Bunch of muppets out their and gotta be carful of even the Un modded cars as far as I see. I'd rather have a guy with darker headlights and tail lights working and on vs a muppet driving at night with no headlights and tail lights any day .

Trust me where I drive their everywhere !!! See at least 2 a night
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:12 AM   #36
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh
Calm down pal... I don't think painting wheels black or vinyl wrapping side mirror covers and kidney grills makes any car less safe. But my car does put a smile on my face

And for what it's worth, I didn't touch my headlights or tail lights. Look close before judging.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 01:34 AM   #37
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep

The lens on the i3 headlights is clear...at least in your picture, they look black. Anything that doesn't affect the reliability or safety...if it makes you feel better about the car, go for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 01:00 AM   #38
SriRamJaiRam
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The lens on the i3 headlights is clear...at least in your picture, they look black. Anything that doesn't affect the reliability or safety...if it makes you feel better about the car, go for it.
I didn't mod the headlights. They're OEM
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #39
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No they don't ! Check your monitor settings. You can see the drl and all that jazz perfectly fine.

Plus who the heck cares !!!! If he wants to mod it then by all means do it!

Putting in flame suit now !! I'm getting the impression that a bunch of i3 owners are smug stick's in the mud! Reminds me of the South Park episode of all the Prius drivers.

I've had the pleasure on contributing to the Z4 forum's and 1series forums and 3 series forums and everyone is their to help and further the enthusiast delight and here every time someone blanks out a marker light we get people hewing and hawing about safety and all that shit! It's a BMW ! Different breed of buyer than your average leaf or Prius buyer. Get over it!

Theirs no real traffic here on the i3 forum and love any new item someone brings up to discuss but if every time you get a person getting all angry because of someone wanting to personalize their ride (free country) they won't post and the crickets will keep on singing.

God forbid you go to SEMA!

Whatever...... Rant over!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #40
nexlogic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, C63S, M4

Garage List
Love what you did!!!
15' BMW M4 Silverstone + Performance Parts
My Instagram:https://instagram.com/thaitanicn/
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:04 PM   #41
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Seem to have missed the comment that if it doesn't affect safety, I said if it makes you feel good, go for it. Some states can be strict about these things - it would be a pain to spend the time and money making changes, then fail an inspection, have to change it back, not counting some smug lawyer recognizing the fact that you'd deleted a required federal safety feature that came with the car and sue your butt off if you were in an accident. Whether you agree with the federal rules or not, you do live in this country.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #42
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Seem to have missed the comment that if it doesn't affect safety, I said if it makes you feel good, go for it. Some states can be strict about these things - it would be a pain to spend the time and money making changes, then fail an inspection, have to change it back, not counting some smug lawyer recognizing the fact that you'd deleted a required federal safety feature that came with the car and sue your butt off if you were in an accident. Whether you agree with the federal rules or not, you do live in this country.
Yea I hear you,

I spend money all the time paying tickets for my tinted windows and driving with only one license plate. But that's what you gotta do to get the look you want unfortunately, I hate being in a state that requires a front plate so I drive without it as not to deface my car and window tint I have to pay to remove and replace after a ticket but that's my prerogative

As for safety, like I said before, I'd rather have someone with tinted headlights and tail lights of which I can see them at night although dimly vs the morons who drive without any headlights in a perfectly safe and normal car who either forget to turn their headlights on or are running their DRL's with no tail lights.

Not sure where you drive but I'm sure you've seen em out their and unfortunate for where I drive their a nightly occurrence and it drives me nuts!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 12:00 AM   #43
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

Quote:
Yea I hear you,

I spend money all the time paying tickets for my tinted windows and driving with only one license plate. But that's what you gotta do to get the look you want unfortunately, I hate being in a state that requires a front plate so I drive without it as not to deface my car and window tint I have to pay to remove and replace after a ticket but that's my prerogative

As for safety, like I said before, I'd rather have someone with tinted headlights and tail lights of which I can see them at night although dimly vs the morons who drive without any headlights in a perfectly safe and normal car who either forget to turn their headlights on or are running their DRL's with no tail lights.

Not sure where you drive but I'm sure you've seen em out their and unfortunate for where I drive their a nightly occurrence and it drives me nuts!!!
I hope the local Police takes your car off you if your not going to respect the correct laws.
      01-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #44
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
Quote:
Yea I hear you,

I hope the local Police takes your car off you if your not going to respect the correct laws.

Oh well I guess that's what their gonna have to do!
They have better things to do.

Been driving for the past 20 years without one and not gonna start any time soon.
Appreciate 0