BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-20-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
Nate1616
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Bmw i8 Lease Deal Socal

Hi, looking to get an i8 coupe or roadster and looking for the best deal. I've been seeing people get some spectacular deals as of late and was hoping to find one as well.

I was on lease Hackr and saw that some people were getting leases in the $950-1100 range for 24 months and 10/12k miles.

I am flexible on the terms but any recommendations for dealers or sale people that you guys have or how i can go about finding a better deal then the $1700 per month that i just received today on a 174k roadster.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
2sak2furious
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 coupe

Easiest way is go thru a broker - like lease hero (go to leasehackr website to find contact info). Keep in mind I think most of the deals you see are with loyalty and max msds and maybe 7500 miles year. I got my i8 coupe thru him.

I think you might be able to find a dealer in Cali that can give a a deal but you have to flip the leg work and probably contact everyone in california.

I’m assuming that roadster listed for transfer a few posts below is not appealing to you?

Anyways, good luck. It would be nice to see some more i8s on the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:37 AM   #3
Barago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8/ghibli

“Lease Hero” is likely the best broker in SoCal and helped me.

Also each deal will be different since 166k vs 173k MSRP etc.....and ofc money down vs a true zero down vs only “drive off” down (which many people still claim as zero down).

And based on the way the incentives are taxed (and the tax itself)- the east coast deals are slightly better than the west coast deals. In other words where you register the car can change the lease structure. Also the “OL” code no longer was working for the i8 despite some brokers factoring into their offers. This can also be affected by state- CA lost the OL code right before I bought etc.

There’s also one guy on there who posted a fake deal to try and get a lower price from the brokers- the way we found out was calling the dealer he claimed to buy from. So there’s that.

Lastly, all the deals I’ve seen are based on 7500 miles since the changing residual doesn’t seem to be worth vs buying more miles on these short term i8 leases.

Last edited by Barago; 10-19-2019 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2019, 06:46 AM   #4
Barago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8/ghibli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sak2furious View Post
Easiest way is go thru a broker - like lease hero (go to leasehackr website to find contact info). Keep in mind I think most of the deals you see are with loyalty and max msds and maybe 7500 miles year. I got my i8 coupe thru him.

I think you might be able to find a dealer in Cali that can give a a deal but you have to flip the leg work and probably contact everyone in california.

I’m assuming that roadster listed for transfer a few posts below is not appealing to you?

Anyways, good luck. It would be nice to see some more i8s on the road.
I do agree that the broker option is the easiest one if you don’t want to negotiate yourself and deal with the salesmen personally.

My transfer is still available (with a hefty incentive on top of it) but I have a local member letting me know today if he will get approved.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

I used the same broker as 2sak2furious and it worked out really well. Btw thanks 2sak2furious for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 10:05 AM   #6
aronchi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW i8 Coupe

Fly into nyc and grab one of the 3 i have listed!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #7
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronchi View Post
Fly into nyc and grab one of the 3 i have listed!
Take mine

2019 i8 coupe lease transfer - Florida https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1645674
Appreciate 0