Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
Random lines
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

BMW only parking hehehe :)

So, something a bit light hearted,

1> I got coffee thrown on my bonnet, not sure if it was at work or at the grocery store car park, I only noticed when I got home

grrrrr

2> At my new work place I found a BMW only "parking spot", as you can see, that spot is like 1.5 size, I DOUBLE checked it wasn't hashed, or marked disabled or anything, just I think how the parking spaces where marked.

I'm in early mornnig, there are usually cars parked but not in the spot, not sure if thats the CEO's parking spot ANYWAY parked there this morning as well, no one came and told me anything so I assume its a BMW only parking spot
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 8
      10-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #2
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

The more I look, the more I see this different ways.

1> Standing apart from the crowd
2> Everyone else is packed in like sardines, that's why I drive a BMW
3> Being put in the corner
4> There's always that one kid who has to stand on his own
5> What ? NO I didn't Fart

feel free to add
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 08:38 PM   #3
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
5315
Rep
3,788
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Kind of like this?
Attached Images
 
__________________
2021 X3 M40i
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 5
MKSixer32262.50
Tommy-G1856.50
premier3is1464.00
FCobra942679.50
F32Fleet2621.00
      10-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
shoei
Colonel
shoei's Avatar
5786
Rep
2,399
Posts

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Peeing in your garden

iTrader: (3)

.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
MKSixer32262.50
nazali189.50
      10-15-2021, 09:34 PM   #5
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
6733
Rep
2,124
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

What's the point of this thread again?
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #6
wooramse
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What's the point of this thread again?
Ditto
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:59 AM   #7
M5Rick
Major General
M5Rick's Avatar
United Kingdom
19580
Rep
9,841
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
So, something a bit light hearted,

1> I got coffee thrown on my bonnet, not sure if it was at work or at the grocery store car park, I only noticed when I got home

grrrrr

2> At my new work place I found a BMW only "parking spot", as you can see, that spot is like 1.5 size, I DOUBLE checked it wasn't hashed, or marked disabled or anything, just I think how the parking spaces where marked.

I'm in early mornnig, there are usually cars parked but not in the spot, not sure if thats the CEO's parking spot ANYWAY parked there this morning as well, no one came and told me anything so I assume its a BMW only parking spot
Seing the other non descript jalopies there having coffee thrown over your cabriolet is just pure jealousy from an idiot that has bought one of these ugly things and having a bad day taking it out on yours when no one's looking and you do the right thing parking it in a spot there that's out of the way not to get it door edge banged.
Appreciate 1
nazali189.50
      10-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #8
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
5739
Rep
692
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My take on the coffee bath is that someone was expressing their displeasure over the "new guy" having the audacity to take "their" spot.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 2
nazali189.50
selbyp93143.00
      10-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #9
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

yes yes imagine having a bad day at work and compounding it by getting into a cookie cutter as you nicely put it jalopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Seing the other non descript jalopies there having coffee thrown over your cabriolet is just pure jealousy from an idiot that has bought one of these ugly things and having a bad day taking it out on yours when no one's looking and you do the right thing parking it in a spot there that's out of the way not to get it door edge banged.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick19579.50
      10-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #10
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

def looks like a premo spot.

I'm not the first person on site by no means, no one takes it ?

I wont park in a disable, special parking spot etc, it threw me so I had a good look around. And no one from estates sent an email saying "will the douche with the black BMW, get out of my space" ? LOL so I thought it was fair game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My take on the coffee bath is that someone was expressing their displeasure over the "new guy" having the audacity to take "their" spot.....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 02:17 PM   #11
leopard print
Second Lieutenant
488
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: Really well for an Asian.
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
What's the point of this thread again?
Sometimes there is no point. And Iím ok with that. At least itís not another covid thread.
Appreciate 3
hubbahubba3722.00
nazali189.50
540iSUP115.00
      10-17-2021, 03:13 AM   #12
premier3is
Captain
premier3is's Avatar
1464
Rep
847
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Kind of like this?
this parking style looks real familiar…
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 02:37 AM   #13
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
3785
Rep
2,999
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

My Wife and I went out for dinner a little while ago and I found this park.

No, I didn’t put the sign on the back wall.

Sorry it’s sideways.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 6
vreihen165739.00
nazali189.50
premier3is1464.00
MKSixer32262.50
540iSUP115.00
      10-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #14
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
12567
Rep
1,851
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

OP,

I may be wrong here, but from what I can understand, someone coffee bathed your BMW for parking in the spot with the BMW Parking Only sign associated with? I'm going to venture to say that someone owns(/owned) a BMW that parked in that spot, put the sign up as a semi-joke and now you have started parking there. Makes sense to me. We do not have designated parking spots at my employer, yet we all tend to park in the same relative spots daily. You have stolen someone's spot most likely. Corner spot is always the primo spot, which is most likely whoever drove the BMW parked there and jokingly installed said sign. You have come along unknowingly and parked in their spot because of the location and sign. I'll say this, if I had a sign that stated Lexus parking only in my spot, then a new guy shows up in a Lexus and takes my spot; I don't really have a leg to stand on to complain or bathe their car in coffee, but it would frustrate me. Petty, I know, but still....

Honestly, extremely ballsy of you to park there; especially being a new employee and not knowing what the story is. If there is a BMW Parking Only sign there, I can assure you it wasn't put there for your BMW.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Kind of like this?
In all fairness, the guy that parked on the left didn't give him much option did he? Had the BMW parked dead center of the lines, the guy on the left would have most likely dinged his car or he would have no room to get out. Yes, he could have parked in the space on the right, but whose to say there wasn't car there that left already before the picture was taken?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
nazali189.50
      10-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #15
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

There was no markings or signs in my initial post I said that, I just titled the thread "bmw only parking"

the post above ^ had a BMW sign, but not me sir

but good point !

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
OP,

I may be wrong here, but from what I can understand, someone coffee bathed your BMW for parking in the spot with the BMW Parking Only sign associated with? I'm going to venture to say that someone owns(/owned) a BMW that parked in that spot, put the sign up as a semi-joke and now you have started parking there. Makes sense to me. We do not have designated parking spots at my employer, yet we all tend to park in the same relative spots daily. You have stolen someone's spot most likely. Corner spot is always the primo spot, which is most likely whoever drove the BMW parked there and jokingly installed said sign. You have come along unknowingly and parked in their spot because of the location and sign. I'll say this, if I had a sign that stated Lexus parking only in my spot, then a new guy shows up in a Lexus and takes my spot; I don't really have a leg to stand on to complain or bathe their car in coffee, but it would frustrate me. Petty, I know, but still....

Honestly, extremely ballsy of you to park there; especially being a new employee and not knowing what the story is. If there is a BMW Parking Only sign there, I can assure you it wasn't put there for your BMW.




In all fairness, the guy that parked on the left didn't give him much option did he? Had the BMW parked dead center of the lines, the guy on the left would have most likely dinged his car or he would have no room to get out. Yes, he could have parked in the space on the right, but whose to say there wasn't car there that left already before the picture was taken?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #16
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
6733
Rep
2,124
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

he said "bonnet", hehe
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 1
nazali189.50
      10-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #17
Samurai of 2day
Major
Samurai of 2day's Avatar
1405
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere

iTrader: (0)

I'm guilty of this, as well
Attached Images
  
__________________
Too smart for my own good...
Appreciate 9
FCobra942679.50
King Rudi12566.50
nazali189.50
MKSixer32262.50
cmyx6go7982.00
540iSUP115.00
cremem398.50
      10-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #18
No one
Captain
614
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: F21 118i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Undisclosed

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Honestly, extremely ballsy of you to park there; especially being a new employee and not knowing what the story is.
If there is any story she should know they should have told her. Or just mark the spot appropriately. Asking extra questions may lead to incorrect answers like "No, don't take this spot, of course! (I guess I like it myself, thanks for reminding!)". They should have some respect and coffee isn't a correct way to claim your rightful spot.

I had a shitty "story" when someone liked the (office parking) spot I often took and probably just bribed the guards to tell me I couldn't take it any more. I didn't really mind taking another, but otherwise I guess I should've verified that with the office administrator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
If there is a BMW Parking Only sign there, I can assure you it wasn't put there for your BMW.
So now it is.
Appreciate 1
nazali189.50
      10-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #19
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
12567
Rep
1,851
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
There was no markings or signs in my initial post I said that, I just titled the thread "bmw only parking"

the post above ^ had a BMW sign, but not me sir

but good point !
Noted and still confused. Carry on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
nazali189.50
      10-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #20
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

good points,
TBH, it's not an issue, even if someone had left a note or said something,
like that's my usual spot, it's bigger because I xyz, you know, that's cool.
But technically damaging someone's property, I believe LEO's would consider this "Mischief" and it's arrestable (I asked on another forum) it's is not on.
In a work place you should be able to talk even if anonymously,
last thing I want is enemies, or someone getting maybe that pissed and letting down tires even.

I know the thread is fairly light hearted in content, and since that event nothing else has happened, but it is a bit worrying to be targeted especially in a place of work which is "safe"

Maybe I'll put a small sign on my windscreen , something like "tea , 2 sugars and milk please" LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
If there is any story she should know they should have told her. Or just mark the spot appropriately. Asking extra questions may lead to incorrect answers like "No, don't take this spot, of course! (I guess I like it myself, thanks for reminding!)". They should have some respect and coffee isn't a correct way to claim your rightful spot.

I had a shitty "story" when someone liked the (office parking) spot I often took and probably just bribed the guards to tell me I couldn't take it any more. I didn't really mind taking another, but otherwise I guess I should've verified that with the office administrator.



So now it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

oh wait that was a "driveby" it could have been worse, maybe they were out of bullets ! LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:32 AM   #22
nazali
Lieutenant
nazali's Avatar
190
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: here

iTrader: (0)

driveby fruiting !
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
M5Rick19579.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST