Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

01-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #2069
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
All of the annoying things I miss by going to the gym in the mornings...
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #2070
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
All of the annoying things I miss by going to the gym in the mornings...
Yea dont see much of any resolutioners at 5AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #2071
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I spend most of week working out at home gym weekends try and get in and do some things cant at home
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #2072
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My gym opens at 5 or 5:30. That is normal time to get up for WORK, so evenings are really my only option.

Right now, if I don't fall right back to sleep at 5 when wife's alarm goes off, I do some stretching before getting ready for work.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #2073
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Ahh yes, the resolution folks. Wait about two weeks and things will be back to normal.
Dealt with this last night. Waiting on two machines to finish my weight resistance training last night and stood there giving two young girls the stink eye while they finished taking selfies/chatting while sitting on the machines I needed for maybe 2 minutes tops.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #2074
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I've been dealing with the double whammy with trying to get to equipment I need for my workouts. Due to the resolutioners, I'm competing against them for equipment time. But because of the volume of people in there, I have to compete against some of the regulars who just like to take their time getting their workout done. An example of this is some guy that spends half of the time he hogs a piece of equipment staring at himself in the mirror doing pose downs. It's funny and annoying watching this as the dude isn't the hugest person I've seen yet has literally twigs for legs. I'm not about to say I have great legs either. But I don't do pose downs in front of the mirror either while hogging a piece of equipment.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #2075
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Maybe it's the weather- and hopefully I don't jinx it-

But it's been unusually cold in San Diego (30 degrees is not common here for a low- with 50 as a high) & there has been nooooooo oneeeee at the gym the past two late mornings.
      01-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #2076
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

But it's been unusually cold in San Diego (30 degrees is not common here for a low- with 50 as a high) & there has been nooooooo oneeeee at the gym the past two late mornings.
Sounds about right. When it's super cold here, snowing, raining, etc, there are less people at the gym.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #2077
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:

Sounds about right. When it's super cold here, snowing, raining, etc, there are less people at the gym.
Only the dedicated

But then again, I'm originally from Seattle so this is like...normal weather to me.
      01-02-2019, 02:58 PM   #2078
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My gym opens at 5 or 5:30. That is normal time to get up for WORK, so evenings are really my only option.

Right now, if I don't fall right back to sleep at 5 when wife's alarm goes off, I do some stretching before getting ready for work.
My gym is maybe 10 minutes from work, opens at 4am and has full amenities so it makes it very easy to just stop there in the morning and get ready for work there.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #2079
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

I live a couple miles away from the state university I graduated from a few years ago. The year after I left, they opened up a HUGE rec center. 4 stories, rock climbing walls, 4-6 indoor basketball courts, 1 indoor soccer field, countless cycling rooms, dedicated kickboxing rooms, dozens if not hundreds of treadmills/elliptical/stairmasters, and the equivalent of 2-3 24 hour fitness' weightlifting equipment and gear. Tried it out for a day pass and was totally spoiled by how amazing it is. They charge $50 a month (pay up front per semester, but free only for current students). I was super tempted, but cheaped out and signed up for 2 years of 24 again through Costco lol.

Ugh so nice. Plus it's all young hot college chicks. Sigh
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #2080
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

so funny thing today and at least to me it felt like this guy decided he wanted all eyes on him today. and I think he did that because of how pack the gym is now with all these New Year's Resolutioner's. this guy is a regular so like most of us we kinda know the regulars and their routine. this guy decided he was gonna squat some crazy weight. from across the room i'm gonna say on an Olympic bar he had 45lb plates almost all the way to the end but he had a 25lb plate and a 10lb plate on the end which he could not get a safety clip on. so i'm not sure how many plates that is but it was full and the bar was already flexing. he straight up barked like a dog getting the whole gym's attention as everyone gathered. sitting down putting on knee straps looking up as he's howling away! than he stands up grunting and breathing so loud as he throws his weight belt around him like Dana White does when he wraps a belt around the champion. gets under the bar...lifts...steps back and does 1 squat ass all the way down and back up! very impressive by all means! now, the only thing at the time that comes to my mind was Ronnie Coleman sitting in a wheel chair. really, this guy is no body builder, probably a power lifter but what makes one man do this knowing people in front of him like Ronnie in the long run ends up in the wheel chair because basically the body can't take it. just doesn't make sense to me anymore?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #2081
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^ this is why I go to a safe place like Planet Fitness
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #2082
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
so funny thing today and at least to me it felt like this guy decided he wanted all eyes on him today. and I think he did that because of how pack the gym is now with all these New Year's Resolutioner's. this guy is a regular so like most of us we kinda know the regulars and their routine. this guy decided he was gonna squat some crazy weight. from across the room i'm gonna say on an Olympic bar he had 45lb plates almost all the way to the end but he had a 25lb plate and a 10lb plate on the end which he could not get a safety clip on. so i'm not sure how many plates that is but it was full and the bar was already flexing. he straight up barked like a dog getting the whole gym's attention as everyone gathered. sitting down putting on knee straps looking up as he's howling away! than he stands up grunting and breathing so loud as he throws his weight belt around him like Dana White does when he wraps a belt around the champion. gets under the bar...lifts...steps back and does 1 squat ass all the way down and back up! very impressive by all means! now, the only thing at the time that comes to my mind was Ronnie Coleman sitting in a wheel chair. really, this guy is no body builder, probably a power lifter but what makes one man do this knowing people in front of him like Ronnie in the long run ends up in the wheel chair because basically the body can't take it. just doesn't make sense to me anymore?
I'd have shook the mans hand.

Any ass to grass squat with over 500 lbs in a commercial gym deserves a pat on the back, despite the douchey and unnecessary warm up.
      01-02-2019, 08:11 PM   #2083
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
I'd have shook the mans hand.

Any ass to grass squat with over 500 lbs in a commercial gym deserves a pat on the back, despite the douchey and unnecessary warm up.
it was just weird like you said kinda douchey. I've gone to the Arnold Festival year after year in Columbus, OH and they have the Animal Booth setup with a cage and a bunch of equipment setups with huge m'fers moving freakin' heavy amounts of weights with the crowd looking on and cheering. but for some reason this guy has never done this ever and to all of a sudden do this. I think he was waiting all year long for this lol
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #2084
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I don't know who he is but don't you dare compare him to the greatness of Ronnie lol. Sounds impressive but all that barking shit is annoying. Gotta remember Ronnie put his body through literal decades of growth hormone and steriod "abuse". If the power lifter is staying off the juice his body will probably be okay down the road. Perfect forms takes a lot of excess stress off the joints as well, lot of different factors to consider.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #2085
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Man I've been struggling with joint pain trying to get heavy weight again. Been doing 3x4 on squat bench and dead once a week as well as regular stuff not getting anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 08:34 PM   #2086
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Man I've been struggling with joint pain trying to get heavy weight again. Been doing 3x4 on squat bench and dead once a week as well as regular stuff not getting anywhere.
Father Time is undefeated
      01-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #2087
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

So am I if I keep getting up
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #2088
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

^ Hyaluronic acid and BPC-157, I'd say the more common things like orange triad or a different joint support, but you're already most likely aware of that.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #2089
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Already use rehband elbow and knee sleeves at most times when go heavy. Havent taken either of things mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #2090
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

Happened a couple of Fridays ago which is shoulder day for me. I typically end my work out on the butterfly machine and as I'm doing my other exercises, I keep an eye on the woman (I think in her late 40s) on it. As I'm moving from station to station, a dude walks up and starts talking to her. 4 exercises away from needing it, I see her interested in the dude as she has stopped working out entirely and shes just standing next to machine with her knee on the seat as shes tilting her head and laughing at everything the dude says to her. As I'm finishing each station I take a peek to see if shes left. Still there. I'm getting excited and cant wait to confront the two, thinking of what witty/confrontational thing I could say to them. I'm at my 2nd to last station looking over after each set ready to tell them to f off. I finish and start walking over and at the same exact time, another person goes up to the lady and tells her, "Its been 20 minutes, are you going to finish? You've been talking this whole time." I look at the dude and start laughing. I tell him he stole my thunder. The woman scoffs and says you shouldve said something sooner.
Appreciate 0