SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

i8 Geo Settings

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Does anyone know the geo settings for the i8 eg camber, toe, castor and what's possible to adjust front and rear please?

I will be using my local garage who have a suitable geo machine (Hunter or similar) but not massive confidence that it has the correct data for the i8 as they've not had one in before.

I won't be using the BMW main dealer as they will charge six times the price. And making the various changes likely required isn't rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
vance
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

You need to be careful since I know with newer Jaguar (my last car) and Mercedes, only the dealership can adjust certain things for alignments. I know how you feel about the dealership markup, but sometimes you can't avoid it.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance View Post
You need to be careful since I know with newer Jaguar (my last car) and Mercedes, only the dealership can adjust certain things for alignments. I know how you feel about the dealership markup, but sometimes you can't avoid it.
What's so special about wheel alignment that only a main dealer can do the job?

I appreciate that some dynamic steering systems (certainly Audi) have a sensor that needs calibrating to straight ahead should major suspension or steering components change. But for simple geometry those sensors are not recalibrated. You just ensure the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position before setting toe, camber etc
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #4
vance
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB_UK View Post
What's so special about wheel alignment that only a main dealer can do the job?

I appreciate that some dynamic steering systems (certainly Audi) have a sensor that needs calibrating to straight ahead should major suspension or steering components change. But for simple geometry those sensors are not recalibrated. You just ensure the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position before setting toe, camber etc
You're correct, and from what my friend's car repair shop told me, with certain brands, the Hunter and other alignment equipment is not able to adjust all 3 of the camber, castor, toe, etc.
Appreciate 0