BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

06-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Baron UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver i8 & RR vogue v8

i8 goodwood track drive

I had an invite to a track day at Goodwood. My i man at Broadoak BMW Adam doubted an i8 would be available for track work

But On the tarmac was all the M models and an i8

I had 9 laps of the circuit in the i8 (3 laps x 4 available in any model, missing out other models on purpose) and finished with 3 laps in a M6,

I am seriously impressed with the i8. It is an amazing machine. It apexed corners and allowed me to power on instantly. The flat attitude of the car left it planted to the tarmac with NO issues.

If anyone doubts this cars ability to grip

When I switched to the M6 it was like turning in on a soggy pudding!!!!!!

Not only did it roll a heap more. The lag in putting the power back on was very evident.

Of note it never showed any charge. Obviously when being hammered the "kers" is being used completely.

The hill climb in the 2 series was also great fun too. Great day.

As an even bigger bonus we did 120 miles on £18 of fuel to get home
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron UK View Post
I had an invite to a track day at Goodwood. My i man at Broadoak BMW Adam doubted an i8 would be available for track work

But On the tarmac was all the M models and an i8

I had 9 laps of the circuit in the i8 (3 laps x 4 available in any model, missing out other models on purpose) and finished with 3 laps in a M6,

I am seriously impressed with the i8. It is an amazing machine. It apexed corners and allowed me to power on instantly. The flat attitude of the car left it planted to the tarmac with NO issues.

If anyone doubts this cars ability to grip

When I switched to the M6 it was like turning in on a soggy pudding!!!!!!

Not only did it roll a heap more. The lag in putting the power back on was very evident.

Of note it never showed any charge. Obviously when being hammered the "kers" is being used completely.

The hill climb in the 2 series was also great fun too. Great day.

As an even bigger bonus we did 120 miles on £18 of fuel to get home
I agree, the i8, thanks to its design, is precise, nimble and a heck of a lot more composed while negotiating through tight corners. Thanks for sharing your experience with the i8 at Goodwood!
Appreciate 0