BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-12-2016, 02:59 AM   #1
shadi500
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Latest Software Update?

Can someone please tell me what the latest version of the i8 software is, when it was released, and what it does? Also how often does BMW release an update to the software? Finally, anyone know how to get a BMW dealership to actually perform the update as my local dealership said they could not do it unless there was something "wrong" with the car that required them to install the latest software update. I find this extremely annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadi500 View Post
Can someone please tell me what the latest version of the i8 software is, when it was released, and what it does? Also how often does BMW release an update to the software? Finally, anyone know how to get a BMW dealership to actually perform the update as my local dealership said they could not do it unless there was something "wrong" with the car that required them to install the latest software update. I find this extremely annoying.
They probably won't do it "just for fun" because there's a risk that something goes wrong with the update and they kill the car. I've had at least two updates, to my knowledge, because the car was in the shop for drivetrain issues. Can't tell if the latest update made any real difference. Electric range in Eco Pro seems to be a bit more accurate now, and there are pictures in some of the settings menues - like for the ambient light. Not worth it imho.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
jhbi8
Private
Rep

You have to complain that: "In max edrive the car lags when depressing the accelerator from a dead stop. This lag is dangerous at four way stops and stop lights."

Try it. See that it occurs. And then you get your update.
      02-13-2016, 12:50 AM   #4
twm6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Protonic Blue I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbi8 View Post
You have to complain that: "In max edrive the car lags when depressing the accelerator from a dead stop. This lag is dangerous at four way stops and stop lights."

Try it. See that it occurs. And then you get your update.
lets what I told them last time and they took the car in, when it came back it had the updated software
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
Baron UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver i8 & RR vogue v8

twm6.

Has that awful stutter gone with your update ??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
shadi500
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ended up taking the car in for some tank fueling system malfunction and they performed the software update which fixed the problem and got me the new update.
Appreciate 0