BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

04-24-2024, 05:36 AM   #1
a_t
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Post User management

Hi,

I just purchased an IX 2023 from an independent dealer. The previous guy has forgotten to remove his user-id from the system and I can't register myself as main user of the car. I have added myself as secondary user for now but its not allowing me to use certain functions like Digital keys, changing some data privacy settings as well.
Is there a way to make myself as primary user? Do i need to perform factory reset? (little hesitant to do so, not sure if it will impact the subscriptions are currently present on the vehicle)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 07:29 AM   #2
Kennethjk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IX 50, Mustang Mach E, BMWX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_t View Post
Hi,

I just purchased an IX 2023 from an independent dealer. The previous guy has forgotten to remove his user-id from the system and I can't register myself as main user of the car. I have added myself as secondary user for now but its not allowing me to use certain functions like Digital keys, changing some data privacy settings as well.
Is there a way to make myself as primary user? Do i need to perform factory reset? (little hesitant to do so, not sure if it will impact the subscriptions are currently present on the vehicle)
If you have both fobs, can’t you just delete the previous users or do you need their PIN? Or a complete refresh that puts everything back to factory?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 09:00 AM   #3
a_t
Registered
Rep

I have both fobs, I need previous user's pin which unfortunately I haven't been able to get. Will complete refresh have any impact on any digital services registered on the vehicle? Has anyone tried the complete reset?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 10:10 AM   #4
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Your dealer should clear the car completely and assign it to you through BMW. Otherwise you are likely to have ongoing issues with random profile glitches, DK+ and who knows what else..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:38 PM   #5
a_t
Registered
Rep

Took a chance with hard reset and it worked fine. I have added myself as main user now. However, previous historical data is gone like travel history/charge history.
After reset, screen went blank. I had to lock the car for some time (I kept it for 15 minutes). Came back and screen was back again.
Appreciate 1
Kennethjk146.50
      04-24-2024, 08:51 PM   #6
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i, '23 iX M60

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [8.83]
2023 BMW iX M60  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_t View Post
Took a chance with hard reset and it worked fine. I have added myself as main user now. However, previous historical data is gone like travel history/charge history.
After reset, screen went blank. I had to lock the car for some time (I kept it for 15 minutes). Came back and screen was back again.
Good!

I would certainly hope charge and travel history would disappear. Travel history is personal information and I’d hope if a full reset of the car erases all of my info. I hope you would too!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897862
Appreciate 0