BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

02-05-2023, 12:21 PM   #1
imacyclopath
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX 50

Credit/compensation for missing passenger lumbar and massage

Hi all,

Have all of you received a discount when ordering the iX for missing the passenger lumbar and massage? I didn’t. The only one I got was for camera delete.

I read on a different forum that some received the discount (not sure if at time of ordering it or at pick up).

If you didn’t get it, do you think is possible to request BMW a refund after delivery, or that’s too late once all the papers are signed?

As a side note, someone was able to receive compensation for “lost functionality” post software upgrade when the radiant heating button was removed.

Last edited by imacyclopath; 02-05-2023 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 12:39 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacyclopath View Post
Hi all,

Have all of you received a discount when ordering the iX for missing the passenger lumbar and massage? I didn’t. The only one I got was for camera delete.

I read on a different forum that some received the discount (not sure if at time of ordering it or at pick up).

If you didn’t get it, do you think is possible to request BMW a refund after delivery, or that’s too late once all the papers are signed?

As a side note, someone was able to receive compensation for “lost functionality” post software upgrade when the radiant heating button was removed.
All of those details should be on your build sheet that you can get from your dealer. I had both of those of mine. They are called “interior camera credit” and “passenger lumbar delete.” Here is what the build sheet looks like:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
deutsch1004064.50
      02-05-2023, 01:14 PM   #3
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
I received a NZ$800 credit for the lumbar delete.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
I received a NZ$800 credit for the lumbar delete.
Wow! I only got $175 for that and $100 for the camera. I assume you’re listing your local currency. Although the interior camera might be a fun little gimmick, those are two things I can live without although I wasn’t so sure prior to taking delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
drbluedevil
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX60-2024

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Wow! I only got $175 for that and $100 for the camera. I assume you’re listing your local currency. Although the interior camera might be a fun little gimmick, those are two things I can live without although I wasn’t so sure prior to taking delivery.
If the massage were any good, then $175 wouldn't be fair in my opinion. But the iX massage is so embarrassingly low quality, I wish they wouldn't have offered it in the first place. I think it's more damaging to the brand to have such a low quality feature than to simply not have it at all. Ditto the interior camera. You're missing out on nothing. $275 to skip them is excellent!
Appreciate 4
Paladin15640.00
jolaca24.00
Bironf11.50
      02-05-2023, 02:24 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluedevil View Post
If the massage were any good, then $175 wouldn't be fair in my opinion. But the iX massage is so embarrassingly low quality, I wish they wouldn't have offered it in the first place. I think it's more damaging to the brand to have such a low quality feature than to simply not have it at all. Ditto the interior camera. You're missing out on nothing. $275 to skip them is excellent!
Totally agree. The massaging absolutely sucks compared to the M550 that I traded in.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:25 PM   #7
imacyclopath
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
All of those details should be on your build sheet that you can get from your dealer. I had both of those of mine. They are called “interior camera credit” and “passenger lumbar delete.” Here is what the build sheet looks like:
I have the camera removal credit ($150), but not the passenger lumber massage removal credit. In Canada it was all part of Premium Enhanced Package, not a separate option. The sheet mentions passenger width adjustment 48Z and multifunction seats front 4FM. Should I’ve received a credit for the missing passenger lumber/massage? I wonder if anyone in Canada has or if the disclaimer on the website at the time of building it and the package pricing made it clear that it should not be an expectation.

Last edited by imacyclopath; 02-05-2023 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:36 PM   #8
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have the camera removal credit ($150), but not the passenger lumber massage removal credit. In Canada it was all part of Premium Enhanced Package, not a separate option. The sheet mentions passenger width adjustment 48Z and multifunction seats front 4FM. Should I’ve received a credit for the missing passenger lumber/massage? I wonder if anyone in Canada has or if the disclaimer on the website at the time of building it and the package pricing made it clear that it should not be an expectation.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/004IceQtcUFULm9pp1nw3m6Mw

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09fxqP9EwbbcsZxIWKEzZnrpQ
I’m confused as to what you’re trying to accomplish. If the passenger lumbar delete option is not on your build sheet, then you should be getting it on your vehicle. It’s that simple.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 03:47 PM   #9
imacyclopath
Private First Class
Rep

I picked up the car 2 months ago. At that time, the passenger lumber/massage delete was known and expected so I never thought about asking for a credit, especially since it was missing from the sheet and the camera credit was there. My question was whether I should follow up with BMW about the missing passenger lumber/massage and ask for a credit, or that ship has sailed.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 05:09 PM   #10
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I picked up the car 2 months ago. At that time, the passenger lumber/massage delete was known and expected so I never thought about asking for a credit, especially since it was missing from the sheet and the camera credit was there. My question was whether I should follow up with BMW about the missing passenger lumber/massage and ask for a credit, or that ship has sailed.
They also could have removed that option altogether on your particular vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:10 PM   #11
Adrew777
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 iXM60

Delivered with Massage and Lumbar

Have you gotten your car yet? I picked mine up last weekend (and was told I have one of only like 20 cars on the ground not affected by the stop sale) and had wondered why I didn't have the credits, but was happy to discover that my car HAS the passenger side massage and lumbar (and the trunk kick) (my build date was 12/23/22)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 06:40 PM   #12
Bironf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: audi S7

I agree about the massage being really bad. I don't know if the cause is the integrated seat speakers, but I strongly think so.
To answer your question, in the euro market, massage seats were 1600 euro, we paid 1200 and only got for driver seat, so 400 less.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2023, 08:41 AM   #13
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Unlike with the interior camera (which to be honest, almost nobody actually wanted or would use), BMW Canada chose not to give a credit for the passenger lumbar. Nor did they promise to retrofit it for free if parts became more available. They simply found the nearest table and bent us over it.

The best you could do was to try to leverage it for a discount on your purchase. I used this, the approx 4k price increase between 2022 and 2023 which was not matched in other markets, the increased interest rates, the fact that I couldn't get the B&W even though I wanted it, luxury tax that was added, and anything else I could think of to negotiate. I argued that it was unfair to have such an increase in price when it was BMW that wasn't able to produce the cars quick enough to avoid some of these things that came along with the 2023 model year change. My dealer was understanding and we worked something out that was good for both of us.

Last edited by ggalanis; 02-09-2023 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: added luxury tax to list
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 11:09 AM   #14
imacyclopath
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you, ggalanis.

Yes, the luxury tax came at the worse moment. If you read the fine print on the tax, it is supposed to also apply to improvements (PPF, tires, etc) made to the car immediately after the purchase, but there are ways around it. It would've been nice if EVs were excluded.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 11:20 AM   #15
SixOhms
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 V, 86 C126, 993

Between this and the seemingly infinite succession of stop sales and recall notices I am quite seriously considering cancelling my order.
Although these issues are mostly undocumented in Europe. Especially the recalls of which there seem to be none.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 04:05 PM   #16
BinQuake
Private
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E400

It's very interesting, I have seen people posting they didn't get the lumbar on passenger seat but with no deletion credit.

For mine, I don't have interior camera deletion credit (on the final build sheet), and my car definitely doesn't come with the interior camera....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 06:09 PM   #17
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinQuake View Post
It's very interesting, I have seen people posting they didn't get the lumbar on passenger seat but with no deletion credit.

For mine, I don't have interior camera deletion credit (on the final build sheet), and my car definitely doesn't come with the interior camera....
It’s only for $100 anyway. Not much of a credit. My passenger lumbar delete option was $175. Those options on my build sheet are:

48Z Passenger Lumbar Delete -175.00
ZAB Interior Camera Credit -100.00
Appreciate 0