Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Agreed!

I ignore him, but thanks for articulating my thoughts.
There's a song for that:

"I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know, if you know what I mean, d-doo yeah

Shove me in the shallow water
Before I get too deep"

Clan ignores me after he gets smacked upside his head, so....
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #2026
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Agreed!

I ignore him, but thanks for articulating my thoughts.
There's a song for that:

"I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know, if you know what I mean, d-doo yeah

Shove me in the shallow water
Before I get too deep"

Clan ignores me after he gets smacked upside his head, so....
You are really immature.
Appreciate 4
Lady Jane68876.00
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
bosstones1144.00
      04-13-2021, 10:14 AM   #2027
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are really immature.
Oh Smack!

(why always the character assassination?)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #2028
mahalom3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp Shakir Orange

Quote:
The head bang before the fight....

...I was so annoyed. It wasn't even my handle. I was assisting my beat partner who was overwhelmed. The call went out as a trespassing call involving a known meth head/frequent flyer. I ended up with a 5150/assault on a peace officer/fire fighter situation.
I call it a love tap lol...
      04-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #2029
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

If Murf#2 could tell us in a reportage kind of way about how Canadian laws about guns in cars is different & how he thinks this might burden the US gun owner, it could be enlightening!

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-13-2021 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #2030
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
So taser taser taser officer has been on the force for about 26 years and has been placed on admin leave. With Floyd’s family receiving $27M and Wright’s family will be getting a decent chunk, what are your thoughts about these settlements coming out of officers pensions? I heard that on the radio this morning arguing that it’ll make the officers be more self aware and hold more accountability.

I mean, a mistake from an officer shouldn’t have to be paid by all LEO’s.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #2031
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
Quote:
The head bang before the fight....

...I was so annoyed. It wasn't even my handle. I was assisting my beat partner who was overwhelmed. The call went out as a trespassing call involving a known meth head/frequent flyer. I ended up with a 5150/assault on a peace officer/fire fighter situation.
I call it a love tap lol...
You and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
So taser taser taser officer has been on the force for about 26 years and has been placed on admin leave. With Floyd's family receiving $27M and Wright's family will be getting a decent chunk, what are your thoughts about these settlements coming out of officers pensions? I heard that on the radio this morning arguing that it'll make the officers be more self aware and hold more accountability.

I mean, a mistake from an officer shouldn't have to be paid by all LEO's.
I don't agree that it should come out of the pension. Mistakes will be made. It shouldn't affect the officer's livelihood, especially considering one may have never had any significant disciplinary issues.

Taking people's pensions won't stop mistakes from happening. We are human.
Appreciate 5
mahalom3163.00
upstatedoc7555.50
F30lolz6798.50
Lady Jane68876.00
Murf99314114.00
      04-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #2032
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Just an observation, your "Captain Obvious" remark is the kind of thing you do that ramp up these exchanges from comfortable discussions to abuse.

You have a track record on this forum regarding guns, and that's fine as it's your opinion. The problem the US has and Canada by our physical closeness and porous border is a proliferation of illegal guns. Those guns that are in the hands of criminals aren't going away in any or our lifetimes. That is a whole other debate that frankly isn't worth the oxygen.
(I think I should have called him Captain Avoidance.)
That is the oxygen, or the elephant in the room, if you will.
Approaching from the other side of the car is a very limited solution, & frankly, hardly the concern of citizens.
How did the legal guns become illegal guns? Not by themselves; a person helped.
In the US, the excuse for inaction is always "2A", until the shooting, when it becomes "...he was crazy & ...!"
Where is the action in between? You know, the hard part?

Murf
Gun control will be one of the hardest things to accomplish in this country. Voiding or rewriting the 2nd amendment would mean you can do that to any other amendment and that basically means the bill of rights would lose its sole purpose.

It's a lot deeper than just saying "let's have a form of gun control in place." I don't have the answer to this for you.

Even if there is a change, there will be a rise in illegal arms entering this country in one way or another, meaning even more criminals will have access to weapons. Like I said, I really have no solution but maybe we can start off by outlawing owning automatic rifles by civilians? I'd love to know why a regular person should be allowed to own one.

Also cmon man, Sedan_Clan and Murf993 are just here answering questions for us all here that we as non LE always wonder. No need to bash them. let's just keep it respectful.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24815.50
Murf99314114.00
      04-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #2033
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Gun control will be one of the hardest things to accomplish in this country. Voiding or rewriting the 2nd amendment would mean you can do that to any other amendment and that basically means the bill of rights would lose its sole purpose.

It's a lot deeper than just saying "let's have a form of gun control in place." I don't have the answer to this for you.

Even if there is a change, there will be a rise in illegal arms entering this country in one way or another, meaning even more criminals will have access to weapons. Like I said, I really have no solution but maybe we can start off by outlawing owning automatic rifles by civilians? I'd love to know why a regular person should be allowed to own one.

Also cmon man, Sedan_Clan and Murf993 are just here answering questions for us all here that we as non LE always wonder. No need to bash them. let's just keep it respectful.
"Gun control will be one of the hardest things to accomplish in this country. Voiding or rewriting the 2nd amendment...."
And this is what they no doubt said in Australia back in those dark days. I prefer speaking of "gun safety" and "reinterpreting" the 2A. But we can't just wring our hankies.

Respect is a two way street (Clan: "I just ignore him...."). I wish Clan & Murf#2 could respect the real & valid papers & opinions I put up here to counter some of their untenable opinions. It seems you can only be with them or against them.
Life doesn't work that way. If you put an opinion out, be prepared to explain it.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-13-2021 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #2034
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just an observation, your "Captain Obvious" remark is the kind of thing you do that ramp up these exchanges from comfortable discussions to abuse.

You have a track record on this forum regarding guns, and that's fine as it's your opinion. The problem the US has and Canada by our physical closeness and porous border is a proliferation of illegal guns. Those guns that are in the hands of criminals aren't going away in any or our lifetimes. That is a whole other debate that frankly isn't worth the oxygen.
Approaching from the other side of the car is a very limited solution, & frankly, hardly the concern of citizens.
In the US, the excuse for inaction is always "2A", until the shooting, when it becomes "...he was crazy & ...!"

Murf

Very, VERY few Americans own automatic firearms, and those who do have NFA tax stamps and the government knows exactly who those people are. Semi-automatic is another story, and that applies to all handguns/rifles/shotguns that aren't revolvers, bolt action or pump action.
Appreciate 4
unluky7465.00
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
      04-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #2035
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Murf

Very, VERY few Americans own automatic firearms, and those who do have NFA tax stamps and the government knows exactly who those people are. Semi-automatic is another story, and that applies to all handguns/rifles/shotguns that aren't revolvers, bolt action or pump action.
I just don't understand why autos and semi autos can't get banned. What the hell is the need to own one?

assumption is 2nd Amendment comes into play or what?
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      04-13-2021, 04:55 PM   #2036
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Murf

I just don't understand why autos and semi autos can't get banned. What the hell is the need to own one?
That's not going to rid gun violence. Snipers often use bolt-action rifles that shoot rounds that will dismember a person. A revolver can kill as easily as a semi-automatic handgun. A shotgun is a highly effective and destructive firearm. If somebody wants to kill, they will do it. Automatic/semi-automatic is just a talking point, just like high capacity magazines.

People who tend to push this semi-automatic/high capacity magazine narrative either just don't know much about firearms, are disingenuous about their true objectives or a mixture of both.
Appreciate 8
      04-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #2037
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:

Lol you know most handguns are semi-automatic correct? You want them to just outlaw everything besides revolvers, bolt action, single fire, etc?? As Sedan-clan said, that won't stop anything....
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      04-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #2038
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:

Lol you know most handguns are semi-automatic correct? You want them to just outlaw everything besides revolvers, bolt action, single fire, etc?? As Sedan-clan said, that won't stop anything....
+1

Criminals will be criminals will be criminals. Limit the people, and you only give criminals more leverage. This should be common sense to anybody with a working brain between their ears.
Appreciate 8
unluky7465.00
Lady Jane68876.00
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
paquet629.50
      04-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #2039
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
This is an issue to me - the people calling for bans usually are calling for things to be banned that are ALREADY banned. The listen to them media and their "black gun bad" mantra. No one can just walk in and legally buy a automatic firearm without a ton of paperwork and government permission. Has even ONE of those every been used in a felony? If so - it's is not many. Those are not the problem.

The genie is out of the box. You can build a firearm with equipment that many private citizens already have. You'll never get rid of them. You'll only take them away from those that would never use them for evil in the first place.

Each time these things happen - MANY laws are broken. Another law to a criminal is like another drop in the ocean.
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      04-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #2040
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
This is an issue to me - the people calling for bans usually are calling for things to be banned that are ALREADY banned. The listen to them media and their "black gun bad" mantra. No one can just walk in and legally buy a automatic firearm without a ton of paperwork and government permission. Has even ONE of those every been used in a felony? If so - it's is not many. Those are not the problem.

The genie is out of the box. You can build a firearm with equipment that many private citizens already have. You'll never get rid of them. You'll only take them away from those that would never use them for evil in the first place.

Each time these things happen - MANY laws are broken. Another law to a criminal is like another drop in the ocean.
Exactly! If I wanted to break the law, I could 3D print myself some parts, buy the other unserialized parts I need elsewhere and have ghost guns galore. Like you said, the genie is out of the bag/box/lantern.
Appreciate 3
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
paquet629.50
      04-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #2041
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Exactly! If I wanted to break the law, I could 3D print myself some parts, buy the other unserialized parts I need elsewhere and have ghost guns galore. Like you said, the genie is out of the bag/box/lantern.
Agreed. Canada keeps banning more and more guns to no effect.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24815.50
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      04-13-2021, 05:27 PM   #2042
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
Quote:
What's the gun crime like up there?
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
      04-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #2043
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As has been said before, entropy rules. If you don't go forwards, you will go backwards.
Every once in a while we get new tax laws because folks have figured ways around the old laws. What, we should stop trying to collect taxes?
Nobody says we are going to solve the problem, but can we significantly lessen it? Many countries have.
Someone above said we have all kinds of laws to buy guns, so most purchases are legal. Then how do we have so many illegal guns being transported interstate? Some nice person isn't following the law when re-selling, or do we have purchasing loopholes?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 04-13-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:38 PM   #2044
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
??

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/c..._of_gun_deaths

Appreciate 1
premier3is1627.00
      04-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #2045
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
You'll take my musket over my dead body.
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      04-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #2046
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
What's the gun crime like up there?
Illegal/Stolen handguns are the problem. There are DIY and autos that pop up rarely, but that's usually found in a raid.

Knives are just as bad here.

Quote:
This is gun deaths. Suicide is a major part of that.

It's not law abiding citizens with shotguns and rifles. Handguns are difficult to get and have very strict transportation rules for those with a restricted license. Home - range - home.

--

"In Canada, there were 130 homicides committed using a handgun in 2016, the most since 2005. These accounted for 21% of homicides overall, and 58% of shooting homicides.

Since 1996, handguns have been used in 16% to 21% of homicides each year, except for 1998 (13%). "

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/.../00004-eng.htm

Last edited by Frostynorth; 04-13-2021 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3508.50
Sedan_Clan24815.50
Murf99314114.00