10-21-2023, 09:39 AM   #1
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep
Drives: Tesla Y; iX m60

Which Ix M60 to take delivery on

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have 2 M60s on order in my name that are nearing delivery subject to the interior stop-sale trim issue. I may take both but may also take only one. If one, need some help on deciding.

Differences are as follows, otherwise packages are the same (e.g. 22" wheels etc, driver assistance pro etc.):

Car 1 - Storm Bay Metallic, Amido leather interior, no luxury package (meaning no crystal and no soft close door), Car eye 3.0 installed from factory. Drive off with 0 down payment = $1641/month

Car 2 - Black Sapphire, Black sensatec interior, luxury package included, no car eye. Drive off with 0 down payment = $1384/month

If the difference in lease rate of ~$260/month drives your decision for Car2 over Car 1 but you otherwise like Car 1, what difference in lease payment would shift your decision back to Car 1?

For me, I heavily weight having the Car Eye from the factory instead of having a dash cam installed by a third party shop at likely more money then what the option has cost from BMW. Also, I keep going back and forth on the leather versus sensatec, and the crystal bits. Please help.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 09:45 AM   #2
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersatenBMW View Post
I have 2 M60s on order in my name that are nearing delivery subject to the interior stop-sale trim issue. I may take both but may also take only one. If one, need some help on deciding.

Differences are as follows, otherwise packages are the same (e.g. 22" wheels etc, driver assistance pro etc.):

Car 1 - Storm Bay Metallic, Amido leather interior, no luxury package (meaning no crystal and no soft close door), Car eye 3.0 installed from factory. Drive off with 0 down payment = $1641/month

Car 2 - Black Sapphire, Black sensatec interior, luxury package included, no car eye. Drive off with 0 down payment = $1384/month

If the difference in lease rate of ~$260/month drives your decision for Car2 over Car 1 but you otherwise like Car 1, what difference in lease payment would shift your decision back to Car 1?

For me, I heavily weight having the Car Eye from the factory instead of having a dash cam installed by a third party shop at likely more money then what the option has cost from BMW. Also, I keep going back and forth on the leather versus sensatec, and the crystal bits. Please help.
I would go with Car 2. I normally get the best leather option, but on the iX I am not a fan of how the leather looks. Also, the $260/month works out to over $9K. That is a reasonable number.
Appreciate 1
Road Trip1370.50
      10-21-2023, 10:03 AM   #3
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
I would go with Car 2. I normally get the best leather option, but on the iX I am not a fan of how the leather looks. Also, the $260/month works out to over $9K. That is a reasonable number.
Thanks. I agree on the leather look and the leather is not as high quality as the merino in my X45E. The stiching/design of the Sensatec is much better. However, I went back and forth yesterday at a dealer sitting in leather versus sensatec and it seemed to me that the sensatec was hotter. this could have been due to one car being more in the sun but not sure. Also, I don't like the feel of the pebbly sensatec on the center console where my forearm rests.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #4
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:

What discount are you getting off MSRP? I have a M60 on order with both driving and luxury packages and leather (21” wheels) plus blue seatbelts and my monthly lease payment is about $1290 with only the drive off fees up front (first payment, taxes, acquisition). I had a chance to get a similar model faster sans leather, but I couldn’t abide non leather in a six figure vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #5
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

I was disappointed in not getting leather initially but I can’t say I have complaints about the sensatec. I’m appreciating that it’s not wrinkling under my butt like the leather in my M3 and I think it will hold up better with my dogs. Your use cases may be different.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:20 AM   #6
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBMW View Post
What discount are you getting off MSRP? I have a M60 on order with both driving and luxury packages and leather (21” wheels) plus blue seatbelts and my monthly lease payment is about $1290 with only the drive off fees up front (first payment, taxes, acquisition). I had a chance to get a similar model faster sans leather, but I couldn’t abide non leather in a six figure vehicle.
Car 2 is 10% + 9900 off of MSRP. Payment includes sales tax and first month payment and I believe I don't pay anything until 30 days later when 2nd payment is due. Car 1 is not as good a deal but don't forget that Storm Bay Metallic is a significant cost adder (I think around $2500) and the Car Eye is ~$600
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:25 AM   #7
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savsearcher View Post
I was disappointed in not getting leather initially but I can’t say I have complaints about the sensatec. I’m appreciating that it’s not wrinkling under my butt like the leather in my M3 and I think it will hold up better with my dogs. Your use cases may be different.
Thanks for the input. My use case is getting in the vehicle very sweaty from boxing/working out/pickleball. With my X45E merino leather I put a funky temp seat cover over it when I am in that condition. I am thinking that Sensatec would not absorb sweat/odor during times when I don't use a seat cover whereas the leather would. But not sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:33 AM   #8
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

Quote:
Thanks for the input. My use case is getting in the vehicle very sweaty from boxing/working out/pickleball. With my X45E merino leather I put a funky temp seat cover over it when I am in that condition. I am thinking that Sensatec would not absorb sweat/odor during times when I don't use a seat cover whereas the leather would. But not sure.
One thing I’ll say about the iX seats in general is the ventilated seat function works well. Very different than the ventilated seats I’m accustomed to. I have seen complaints about the ventilated seats but on my 2024 they work great. And with the preconditioning feature you’ll be good either way.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:34 AM   #9
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
and the leather is not as high quality as the merino in my X45E.
You can say what you want about the look of the leather covered seatsbeong to your liking or not but I completely disagree with the quoted statement. I had merino leather in my X5 and the Amido leather in my iX is just as good, if not better than the merino leather.(I would rate it better but close to as makes no real difference)
Appreciate 1
Bevforme130.00
      10-21-2023, 10:39 AM   #10
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
You can say what you want about the look of the leather covered seatsbeong to your liking or not but I completely disagree with the quoted statement. I had merino leather in my X5 and the Amido leather in my iX is just as good, if not better than the merino leather.(I would rate it better but close to as makes no real difference)
I will take a closer look when I am back home with my X45 and retract my statement in the interim! So you would go for car 1 due to the leather seating?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:01 AM   #11
LVBMW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Car 2 is 10% + 9900 off of MSRP. Payment includes sales tax and first month payment and I believe I don't pay anything until 30 days later when 2nd payment is due. Car 1 is not as good a deal but don't forget that Storm Bay Metallic is a significant cost adder (I think around $2500) and the Car Eye is ~$600
I forgot about the special paint.. that is $1950. 10% off is good!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #12
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
I will take a closer look when I am back home with my X45 and retract my statement in the interim! So you would go for car 1 due to the leather seating?
Yes, given the choice between the two.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:18 AM   #13
drbluedevil
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX60-2024

Garage List
>9k more is a huge overpay to lease 6k in options over 3 years. That said, I think the leather is 10000x better than the sensatec. Shame they didn’t use sensafin instead.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:27 AM   #14
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Any preferences on exterior color? Black sapphire versus storm bay metallic? dash cam, luxury package (crystal controls) or not? Do these differences enter into the decision?

Last edited by VersatenBMW; 10-21-2023 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: add some questions
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 11:54 AM   #15
Jeff661
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX x50 Stormbay Metalic

Garage List
2023 BMW iX x50  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks. I agree on the leather look and the leather is not as high quality as the merino in my X45E. The stiching/design of the Sensatec is much better. However, I went back and forth yesterday at a dealer sitting in leather versus sensatec and it seemed to me that the sensatec was hotter. this could have been due to one car being more in the sun but not sure. Also, I don't like the feel of the pebbly sensatec on the center console where my forearm rests.
I totally disagree with this. I had merino in my 45e and I think the leather in the iX is better. It’s much softer. It was the first think I noticed when I sat it one when I did my first test drive. 4 months in, I still think it’s much better. Also I do have ventilated seats both in my old 45e and my iX.
Appreciate 2
      10-21-2023, 11:56 AM   #16
Jeff661
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX x50 Stormbay Metalic

Garage List
2023 BMW iX x50  [0.00]
I think Storm Bay and Amido are the best color combination.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #17
drbluedevil
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff661 View Post
I think Storm Bay and Amido are the best color combination.
I just leased exactly that in m60 form. Coming from a black/amido 50. The storm bay is certainly a more unique color. Looks great
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:10 PM   #18
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluedevil View Post
I just leased exactly that in m60 form. Coming from a black/amido 50. The storm bay is certainly a more unique color. Looks great
Thanks. Good intel. did you get 22 wheels and luxury package (crystal)?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:35 PM   #19
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:

How did you manage to get Car Eye 3.0 installed from the factory? I don’t see it as an option in the online configurator.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:51 PM   #20
LVBMW
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
How did you manage to get Car Eye 3.0 installed from the factory? I don’t see it as an option in the online configurator.
It was there for a time. I saw it when I was doing my configuration about a month ago, but it no longer appears if you try to configure today.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:52 PM   #21
VersatenBMW
MMBmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
Weird. You are correct. I don't see it now. It was listed under accessories when I built the car and is definitely on my build sheet and on the configurator today when I put my build code in. But it is not shown for a new build.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:47 PM   #22
drbluedevil
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks. Good intel. did you get 22 wheels and luxury package (crystal)?
Nope. 21”. I vehemently hate the trend toward larger and wider wheels and tires. Yes to luxury, just because it was already included. I prefer the plastic controls and black panel to the stupid open pore wood and reflective crystals everywhere. And I’m indifferent to the door motors.

They did a national search to find me one that didn’t have the 22s, since they’re so much more popular. My dad has them. I prefer the ugly but small 20s to all of them.
Appreciate 0