BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-09-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
DroneI8
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW I8

Coolant leak and overheat issue

I was getting a low coolant notification and I had given my car for routine service and they had suggested me to replace the entire coolant pipes.

I choose to not get it done immediately and while driving back the car showed engine overheat message. When I opened the hood, I noticed that they had kept the reservoir cap open. So I had to get it back to the dealer and ask them to fix the engine overheat issue by bleeding the coolant system properly since the cap was kept open.

However, inorder to fix the issue they say that the coolant pipes and oil filter housing assembly needs to be replaced. The quote for this is $4450.

Through the goodwill program they offered 30% discount.

Here are the following questions I have:

1. Can I expect more discount from the goodwill program.
2. They say that they hold on to the faulty parts since it's good will program. Is this accurate? Can someone point me to the document which talks about this policy.
3. Is the quote for oil filter and coolant pipes accurate for the BMW i8? They also told that the actual cost of the parts is around 1500 (700 for coolant and 800 for oil filter housing) and the rest around $3000 is labor cost.
4. What is my safety net if the fix does not resolve the issue?

Thanks for looking into this
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 03:35 PM   #2
dragonsdreams
Private
Rep
Drives: i8

Probably better to put this in one of the Facebook BMW i8 forums ( e.g. BWM i8). There are some real experts on these forums who could probably point you in the right direction.
Appreciate 0