Size:  14.5 KB
GOLFFRR10716.50
ggalanis2354.00
      11-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

sweet

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 08:29 PM   #4
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Saw the ix and i4 in person last weekend and both looked great. Would love to drive them.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:14 AM   #5
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Saw the ix and i4 in person last weekend and both looked great. Would love to drive them.
Saw the iX in person yesterday at the dealer (was just in display and could not be driven). It got rid of the doubts I had about its looks. As many have said before, it was really nicer in person than in pics/videos.

There are a couple of negatives.
I feel that the infotainment screen could be a little bit bigger/taller. It is still a big screen, but because of the openness of the dashboard, it "felt" a little small.

I am not sure who BMW partnered with for the charging stations that the nav can see, but it did not see the fast chargers Petro-Canada and Electrify Canada have nearby (350 kW chargers). When I looked for charging stations and set a filter for something like 175kW minimum, the nearest ones it showed me where in the US. This will only ever be a problem on a once or twice a year road trip but I honestly would rather not have to fiddle with phone apps from the various companies to plan a long route.

The trunk space worried me, officially 500L but I brought my measuring tape and was happy to confirm that it was not too bad after all. It is smaller than the X5 but most of the difference in space is at the top, which I don't usually use anyway but is helpful to have when dealing with bulky items. I am ok with the size for a family road trip (4 people plus dog in the middle of the trunk with the ski pass open.) YMMV.

Looking forward to a test drive, but I believe will only be possible in Canada in like April 2022 at the earliest. We'll likely put in a deposit/reservation soon/before that.
Appreciate 3
volodp193.50
LittleJoe1064.00
      11-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #6
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
Saw the iX in person yesterday at the dealer (was just in display and could not be driven). It got rid of the doubts I had about its looks. As many have said before, it was really nicer in person than in pics/videos.
Do you have photos to post? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #7
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Do you have photos to post? Thanks
I didn't take any, but my daughter took 2 on her old iphone that i've attached. It was a Red exterior with bronze highlight, red leather interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      11-11-2021, 02:38 PM   #8
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
I didn't take any, but my daughter took 2 on her old iphone that i've attached. It was a Red exterior with bronze highlight, red leather interior.
Thanks, I think I saw this exact car in YouTube video someone posted.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #9
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Quote:

There are a couple of negatives.
I feel that the infotainment screen could be a little bit bigger/taller. It is still a big screen, but because of the openness of the dashboard, it "felt" a little small.

I am not sure who BMW partnered with for the charging stations that the nav can see, but it did not see the fast chargers Petro-Canada and Electrify Canada have nearby (350 kW chargers). When I looked for charging stations and set a filter for something like 175kW minimum, the nearest ones it showed me where in the US. This will only ever be a problem on a once or twice a year road trip but I honestly would rather not have to fiddle with phone apps from the various companies to plan a long route.

The trunk space worried me, officially 500L but I brought my measuring tape and was happy to confirm that it was not too bad after all. It is smaller than the X5 but most of the difference in space is at the top, which I don't usually use anyway but is helpful to have when dealing with bulky items. I am ok with the size for a family road trip (4 people plus dog in the middle of the trunk with the ski pass open.) YMMV.

Looking forward to a test drive, but I believe will only be possible in Canada in like April 2022 at the earliest. We'll likely put in a deposit/reservation soon/before that.
Nice. You spent more time with it than I did that's for sure. I was just a quick drop in while out running other errands.

I have the X4MC because I didn't want a traditional suv and didn't think I needed the full height trunk.
I was wrong the sloped hatch is a bit of pain to carry anything tall. I'm shocked by how many times I have gone to load something only to find out the hatch won't close. Not practical at all…

I'm not ready for a full electric at this point. I like what BMW is doing with it and where it's going. I have no doubt whatever is out when I'm ready to go full electric will be fantastic.

Hope you get a drive sooner to check it out
Appreciate 1
ggalanis2354.00
      11-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #10
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nice. You spent more time with it than I did that's for sure. I was just a quick drop in while out running other errands.
I knew they were going to have this "event" about a month ago when I went to the dealer for an oil change for my X5 and talked to my salesman. I went prepared with a bunch of things I wanted to see/compare/test. Overall I was very pleased with it and it looked better than I was expecting. My wife and my daughter who came with us really found the car ugly in pics but immediately changed their minds when they saw it in person. I was surprised my wife didn't like the look of the red leather interior. If felt as nice or even nicer(maybe due to normal wear) than my merino leather seats in the X5. She really likes the look of the wool/alcantara blue interior, but I just don't think the microfiber will hold up well after a couple of years of family use and you cannot get ventilated seats (one can argue you don't need them with cloth seats) but I am the only one who uses the ventilation.

Quote:
I'm shocked by how many times I have gone to load something only to find out the hatch won't close. Not practical at all…
Before the X5, we had a X4 M40i. I get what you're saying. For sure it is going to be less practical than an X5 trunk for hauling large items/boxes. I was pleasantly surprised that it was as wide as my X5 trunk and as deep. We measured 44 inches wide, 41.5 inches deep in the center, a little less as you move to the sides, and about 29 inches in height at best but in an irregular shape (measured to the roof with the trunk divider thing removed). There is a 4 inch difference with the X5 in terms of height and the X5 trunk is more square. This was fine for us to have our roadtrip layout with our suitcases in the trunk with a tunnel in the middle for the dog to be in the ski pass area, which was what I was hoping for.

Quote:
I'm not ready for a full electric at this point. I like what BMW is doing with it and where it's going. I have no doubt whatever is out when I'm ready to go full electric will be fantastic.
This obviously depends on how you use your car and what your specific concerns are. I have watched lots of videos about various electric cars and have seen how they handle some of the issues and where they have improved over the years. I still want to read the fine print of the battery and motor warranty to understand what exactly is covered and what would be considered "normal" degradation. Every other concern I had is really not a problem nowadays.
Appreciate 0