Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

08-04-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Tires and rims options - What are the options?

As I prepare for ordering the i4M50, I've found that it's pretty much impossible to find reliable info about two things:

1. The summer tires that will be fitted to my chosen rims

2. The actual rim and tire options for the winter tires, and whether other options are available.

Regarding the first one, my sales rep told me they don't have reliable info right now, and maybe he will never have it. And regarding the second, what I can see in the configurator seems to be subject to change as well.

Does anybody know how to find specific and reliable info about the tires, and eventually the possibility of choosing the tires you want, for both summer and winter tires?

Also, how to go about choosing and ordering the rims and winter tires I want? What level of flexibility does it really exist?

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaug View Post
As I prepare for ordering the i4M50, I've found that it's pretty much impossible to find reliable info about two things:

1. The summer tires that will be fitted to my chosen rims

2. The actual rim and tire options for the winter tires, and whether other options are available.

Regarding the first one, my sales rep told me they don't have reliable info right now, and maybe he will never have it. And regarding the second, what I can see in the configurator seems to be subject to change as well.

Does anybody know how to find specific and reliable info about the tires, and eventually the possibility of choosing the tires you want, for both summer and winter tires?

Also, how to go about choosing and ordering the rims and winter tires I want? What level of flexibility does it really exist?
I do not know how Norway dealers work, but in the USA a BMW dealer will do any OEM wheel/tire combo that you want at delivery as long as you pay for it. Sometimes even if you do not want to pay they still install OEM wheels and tires from the accessory collection in new cars and charge you thousands of dollars without giving you the original OEM wheels and tires with the payment.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
I do not know how Norway dealers work, but in the USA a BMW dealer will do any OEM wheel/tire combo that you want at delivery as long as you pay for it. Sometimes even if you do not want to pay they still install OEM wheels and tires from the accessory collection in new cars and charge you thousands of dollars without giving you the original OEM wheels and tires with the payment.
Well, that's not ideal. I think they can do the same here, but I'd prefer to get some clarity regarding what I can order/expect from factory. My sales rep told me they could sell me any winter rims and tires as well, but that it was way cheaper to take whatever BMW offers as part of their packages. The issue is that it's not clear, at least yet, what will be included in those packages. He told me the info on the web page is not to trust unless that it matches what's in their database, and so far it doesn't.

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 06:59 AM   #4
Afjeld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 CT & G26 i4 M50

Quote:
Well, that's not ideal. I think they can do the same here, but I'd prefer to get some clarity regarding what I can order/expect from factory. My sales rep told me they could sell me any winter rims and tires as well, but that it was way cheaper to take whatever BMW offers as part of their packages. The issue is that it's not clear, at least yet, what will be included in those packages. He told me the info on the web page is not to trust unless that it matches what's in their database, and so far it doesn't.
Anbefaler deg å følge denne gruppen på FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3647251791971892

Her er de fleste av dine spørsmål allerede besvart :-)

PS! i4 M50 er allerede i bestilling (bil nr 2)
Appreciate 1
eddiehaug748.50
      08-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #5
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afjeld View Post
Quote:
Anbefaler deg å følge denne gruppen på FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3647251791971892

Her er de fleste av dine spørsmål allerede besvart :-)

PS! i4 M50 er allerede i bestilling (bil nr 2)
Takk!

Appreciate 0