BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
s204speed
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Top 5 best selling hybrids

Surprise surprise.. the Prius is first. While I'd never buy a Prius that Highlander sounds kinda nice with all that power, yet still pretty decent fuel economy. A think a 135 and Highlander would be nice garage mates :thumbup:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...eature?cid=175
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by s204speed View Post
Surprise surprise.. the Prius is first. While I'd never buy a Prius that Highlander sounds kinda nice with all that power, yet still pretty decent fuel economy. A think a 135 and Highlander would be nice garage mates :thumbup:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...eature?cid=175
Contrary to popular belief, the Prius is one of the worst polluting cars in the world.

To make the hybrid batteries, fossil fuels are used to ship raw materials from Ontario, Canada to Europe for engineering, and then to Asia for assembly. And then many of the cars are shipped to North America.

Thus, the Prius uses the most amount of fossil fuels in its production process.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon View Post
Contrary to popular belief, the Prius is one of the worst polluting cars in the world.

To make the hybrid batteries, fossil fuels are used to ship raw materials from Ontario, Canada to Europe for engineering, and then to Asia for assembly. And then many of the cars are shipped to North America.

Thus, the Prius uses the most amount of fossil fuels in its production process.

Oh for fuck's sake! Stop quoting that idiotic marketing survey that hs been debunked about half a MILLION times already. It's NOT EVEN CLOSE to one of the worst polluting cars in NA.

Anyone who thinks a car uses more energy during manufacturing than it does during it's life on the road needs their head examined. The energy used to build the car (including shipping its parts all over the world) is built into the price. You can buy a base Prius for abour $22k. A similarly equipped mid-sized sedan is as much or more. If the Prius really took more energy to make, it would have to be priced much higher.

Unless you've got a source for that statement (which I already know you don't) please don't make it again.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Steve135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The Prius is awesome for relability and MPG. ^^^I agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Whenever I get the chance I rev my enging and accelerate even faster than normal when next to hybrids.

We NEED to offset their SMUG-

http://www.southparkstuff.com/season_10/episode_1002/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
holo777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i Conv

Haha, thanks OP, my 135i convertible parks next to my wifes hybrid higlander ever night We only get about 27mpg out of her car since I drive most of the time!
Appreciate 0