BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

03-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #1
Jjoynt
Private
Rep
Drives: AY F82 CCBs MPE

Steering Wheel Airbag Mark

Does anyone know what this is, or if it should be a cause for concern? This is an i8 at my local dealer that I have been negotiating on. A fair amount of other cars listed online also have this weird crease/mark above the roundel. Manufacturing defect or something more sinister? I am a bit paranoid as the front bumper also does not align very well to the fenders. The car also just spent 4 weeks at the bodyshop for some other cosmetic items I noticed when the dealer first got the car. Clean Carfax currently though...will get a PPI.

Unfortunately for me, it is the only car listed listed in the US right now in the exact spec I want.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 12:35 PM   #2
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Mine has that as well. Pretty sure is from hot climate cars that sat in the sun. Also look at the front of the dash pad through the front window see how it has weathered.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 01:09 PM   #3
Jjoynt
Private
Rep
Drives: AY F82 CCBs MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb13662 View Post
Mine has that as well. Pretty sure is from hot climate cars that sat in the sun. Also look at the front of the dash pad through the front window see how it has weathered.
Hmm interesting, that could certainly make sense. Believe this car did spend a brief amount of time in Vegas...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #4
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Nothing to be concerned about other than cosmetics. I have a slight indentation on the steering pad as well due to wiping the it with a wet cloth and by not immediately wiping it dry thereafter.
Appreciate 0