Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

06-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #199
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

I'm not to sure if I like this extra day format. these finals are dragging ever since they started.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #200
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

LJ looked tired. When you have the opportunity to go up 3-1, you can't come up short. No points in the 4th. Really!
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #201
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
LJ looked tired. When you have the opportunity to go up 3-1, you can't come up short. No points in the 4th. Really!
If this series goes to 7 games. I don't see how Cavs can win. Lebron is playing 40 plus minutes per game. And there is practically no bench for the Cavs. They have a 6 man rotation.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #202
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
we are not talking about regular season
talking about playoff run........
So am I.

In the first round the played a rebuilding Celtics team that was under .500. The Celtics are by no means a playoff caliber team.

The second round was their only real challenge, against a Bulls team that quit on coach Thibs.

In the eastern conference finals they played probably the most overrated #1 seed of all time.

Time is running out on this cinderella story.
      06-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #203
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
I'm not to sure if I like this extra day format. these finals are dragging ever since they started.
It's always been that way. I can tell you that Cleveland definitely likes it. They need the extra day in the worst way.
      06-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #204
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Yes, since LJ been in the league, the Eastern conferences has been bad. The argument is he never had a supporting cast until he joined forces with Miami. Even in Miami, Ray Allen bailed him out and made that 3 pointer. Prior to that shot, LJ turned the ball over. The road to the playoffs and finals have been easy for LJ. Now that he's back in Cleveland. If he wins this series, my hat goes off to him, and this one is well earned. Go Warriors.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #205
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Cavs are doing a good job so far in game 5. Go Warriors.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 09:59 PM   #206
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Don't understand how come Mosgaw didn't play much.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:14 PM   #207
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Don't understand how come Mosgov didn't play much.
cause he can't keep up with golden states smaller lineup.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #208
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

True, now it makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #209
Boxtyp3
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 MG

Garage List
2015 F32 435  [0.00]
2002 E46 cp  [0.00]
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
Iggy for finals MVP!
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #210
Momukhamo
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive

1 More Game

Iggy Deserves To Get Finals Mvp For Providing Offense And Guarding Lebron

But Can't Go Wrong With Curry Also.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #211
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Iggy in my book. However, one more to go.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #212
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
So am I.

In the first round the played a rebuilding Celtics team that was under .500. The Celtics are by no means a playoff caliber team.

The second round was their only real challenge, against a Bulls team that quit on coach Thibs.

In the eastern conference finals they played probably the most overrated #1 seed of all time.

Time is running out on this cinderella story.

So what.......you play who you get to play, you can simply choose who you want to play

Lets take Goldenm state the other finals

we could argue how lucky they have been the whole season

1. no way Steph Curry is MVP if Durant and Westbrook had been healthy

2.No way Warriors are number 1 seed if Durant and Westbrook are Healthy

3.Playoffs 1st round they played in inexperienced Pelicans team that should not have been in the playoffs and was without their starting PG

4. Round 2 where they got the biggest test they played Memphis with an injured Conley for first 2 games and an injured Tony Allen (the best defender on Curry).

5 WCF, they play a Rockets team without defensive Ace Patrick Beverly and a not at full strength Dwight Howard. James harden being the only legit scoring threat

6. Finals. Kyrie Irving was BETTER than Curry in game 1 until he got injured.Cavs are already without Love and could push this thing to a game 7 where the winner takes it all......

If the Cavs Lose this series, they lose nothing because almost no one expected them to win. I was one of the few people who picked the Cavs but i picked not knowing Kyrie would be injured.

I take nothing from GS, as i said, you dont choose who you play, and if they win they are the 2015 NBA champs. but lets not Kid ourselves. this is by NO MEANS a great team and health willing for teams like OKC and the Spurs, the the warriors dont even make it out of the west next season unless they get some serious inside presence.....
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:05 AM   #213
Boxtyp3
Major
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2015 F32 435  [0.00]
2002 E46 cp  [0.00]
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
Jeff Van Gaundy can't shut his mouth about how good LeBron was. Indeed, LeBron has power, he's athletic, and he's intelligent. But isn't it time to give due credit to the Dubs? They won the game after all. What about Iggy's over all game? Lee's contribution? Klay perhaps? Barnes? Barbosa? What about the current MVP's shooting and ability to create his own shots? Believe it or not, the TV is muted while I watch the entire 2nd half of the game. Just my $0.02.

Last edited by Boxtyp3; 06-15-2015 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #214
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtyp3 View Post
Jeff Van Gaundy can't shut his mouth about how good LeBron was. Indeed, LeBron has power, he's athletic, and he's intelligent. But isn't it time to give due credit to the Dubs? They won the game after all. What about Iggy's over all game? Lee's contribution? Klay perhaps? Barnes? Barbosa? What about the current MVP's shooting and ability to create his own shots? Believe it or not, the TV is muted while I watch the entire 2nd half of the game. Just my $0.02.
no one is taking anything away from the Dubs,they have done well and they are fun to watch.......however the reason why everyone is going Gaga over LeBron is whether the Cavs win or lose this series, no one expected it to be a 6 or possible 7 game series especially with Irving going down. its the singular excellence of LeBron that has given the Cavs a sliver of chance to be where they are and you gotta commend that. Every single night, win or lose he has been the best player on the floor and gives his team a chance to win against HUGE ODDS.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #215
Momukhamo
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive

Quote:
So what.......you play who you get to play, you can simply choose who you want to play

3.Playoffs 1st round they played in inexperienced Pelicans team that should not have been in the playoffs and was without their starting PG

4. Round 2 where they got the biggest test they played Memphis with an injured Conley for first 2 games and an injured Tony Allen (the best defender on Curry).

5 WCF, they play a Rockets team without defensive Ace Patrick Beverly and a not at full strength Dwight Howard. James harden being the only legit scoring threat

6. Finals. Kyrie Irving was BETTER than Curry in game 1 until he got injured.Cavs are already without Love and could push this thing to a game 7 where the winner takes it all......

If the Cavs Lose this series, they lose nothing because almost no one expected them to win. I was one of the few people who picked the Cavs but i picked not knowing Kyrie would be injured.

I take nothing from GS, as i said, you dont choose who you play, and if they win they are the 2015 NBA champs. but lets not Kid ourselves. this is by NO MEANS a great team and health willing for teams like OKC and the Spurs, the the warriors dont even make it out of the west next season unless they get some serious inside presence.....

EVERY SEASON THOUGH IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME STORY WHOEVER GOT THE HEALTIEST TEAM USUALLY WINS.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #216
Boxtyp3
Major
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2015 F32 435  [0.00]
2002 E46 cp  [0.00]
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
no one is taking anything away from the Dubs,they have done well and they are fun to watch.......however the reason why everyone is going Gaga over LeBron is whether the Cavs win or lose this series, no one expected it to be a 6 or possible 7 game series especially with Irving going down. its the singular excellence of LeBron that has given the Cavs a sliver of chance to be where they are and you gotta commend that. Every single night, win or lose he has been the best player on the floor and gives his team a chance to win against HUGE ODDS.
Like what I've said, all due respect to LeBron. He's athletic, strong, and intelligent. What I'm saying is JVG can't stop talking about him. Looks like he has a love interest with LeBron.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #217
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

The subject of your original post was about Lebron having the greatest playoff run ever. I replied stating it's not simply because of the lackluster competition. I in no way mentioned anything about Curry having the best playoff run therefore your argument doesn't make much sense here. Rather than proving to me that Lebron is having that run, you just named off reasons why they've been "lucky".
I'm not quite sure what about 67 wins is lucky. Injuries are a part of the game and always will be.

67 wins is tied for the 6th highest win total in NBA history, if that's not "great," idk what is. They won 67 game and made it to the finals without an inside presence and they can do it again next year because they're the best shooting team, run an efficient offense, and they play defense. The age of playing inside is dying and they're proof of that.

And I'm not sure how you can say the Pelicans shouldn't have been in the playoffs. They're still an extremely talented team with Jrue Holiday, with Anthony Davis, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson. Should we compare them Boston Celtics' best player?

And for the record, I picked the Cavs in 6 before the Kyrie injury.
      06-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #218
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

There is no way the Western conference teams could be compared to the East. Spurs had more wins then the Cavs and were the sixth seed. I could see GS being around for a while. They play defense, could score, and there young. If Kyrie comes back next season 100%, the Cavs will be in the running for a finals run. Knee injuries are one of those injuries that really never go away. Look at D.Rose. I never liked the playoff format. I would like to see the conference winners, then the next 13 teams with the best record. The Eastern conference playoffs are boring to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #219
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

67 wins in the west is like going undefeated in the east. There aren't any centers anymore in the NBA. D.Howard just has size. There is not one ounce of a quality center in him. He's a SOFT big man. I'm from the old school of the NBA, 80s and 90s. Much more entertaining then now. With the exception of the Spurs, and the Warriors , the NBA today is difficult for me to get into.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #220
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Pelicans would've been the fifth seed in the East.
Appreciate 0