I hope GS wins tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #178
Momukhamo
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive

Lol Hopefully Knicks Makes The Right Moves This Year!

Get Some Rising Stars Not Falling Stars

I Hope My Spurs Can Get Either Gasol Or Aldridge

Looks Like Its Duncan And Ginobilis Last Season Next Year..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #179
Momukhamo
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive

And A Must Win For The Warriors..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #180
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
I hope GS wins tonight.
They'd better or they're done.
      06-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #181
MTTH
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 328xi |'18 440xi GranCoupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
Cavs in the fifth game, I've been saying it for a while.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #182
Boxtyp3
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 MG

Garage List
2015 F32 435  [0.00]
2002 E46 cp  [0.00]
2010 E82 135i  [0.00]
2013 E92 335i  [0.00]
Dubs better win or they're done.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #183
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

My original prediction was Cavs in 6, but i did that believing that Kyrie Irving would be healthy and knowing that the Cavs front line trio would be better than that of Golden State
When Kyrie got hurt i thought it pretty much over for Cleveland. I thought LeBron could win one came in Cleveland, but i never believed He was going to be as dominant as he has been, rthe Warriors are in real trouble as I don't see anyone on this team to Stop LeBron and if the Cavs win tonight it but GS on the brink of elimination.

Something I posted on Facebook yesterday..........

IS THIS THE GREATEST PLAYOFF RUN BY AN NBA PLAYER EVER?

I have my list of greatest layers of all time. My list is skewed by players i have watched played, bearing in mind great players like Wilt, Russel, Oscar Robertson that I never saw played and can only go by second hand information.
On my list I have Michael Jordan first and Tim Duncan second. LeBron James might never get to the 5 rings of Duncan or the 6 rings of Jordan. But if the Cavs win this Championship, could we rate this as the greatest playoff run by a Lead Player ever?
The 2001 Shaq led Lakers who went 15-1 in the playoffs was incredible.
The Tim Duncan led 2003 Spurs that dethroned the Lakers was also incredible
The 1996 Jordan led Bulls were also incredible
Another really impressive run was the 1995 Hakeem led Rockets who played every series as the road team and still won the Championship.

A fundamental difference between ALL of those teams mentioned and the 2015 CAVS, is that every one of those team pretty much had set rosters with Championship experience and other healthy all stars/ hall of fame type players. Some of those teams even being defending champs, and never was dependent on a Single Superstar the way the Cavs are now with Love and Irving injured.
Duncan had Robinson and Parker in 2003
Shaq had Kobe in 2001
Michael had Scottie in 1996
and Hakeem had Drexler in 1995

In all honesty, I have never seen a player who had so much weight on his shoulders, in terms of his own redemption in his home town, in terms of propelling himself among the all time greats, in terms of media scrutiny, in terms of the sheer absence of talent surrounding him, in terms of the elite competition he is facing who has been able to deliver the way Lebron has in not just these Finals, but the entire 2015 playoffs.
In my mind, if the Cavs pull this off, we would have witnessed possibly the greatest performance by a Star Player in a playoffs run in the History of the Modern NBA...........
What say you??
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #184
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #185
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
In all honesty, I have never seen a player who had so much weight on his shoulders, in terms of his own redemption in his home town, in terms of propelling himself among the all time greats, in terms of media scrutiny, in terms of the sheer absence of talent surrounding him, in terms of the elite competition he is facing who has been able to deliver the way Lebron has in not just these Finals, but the entire 2015 playoffs.
In my mind, if the Cavs pull this off, we would have witnessed possibly the greatest performance by a Star Player in a playoffs run in the History of the Modern NBA...........
What say you??
You're giving LJ too much credit... If this were true, why couldn't LJ pull this off in his previous stint with the Cavs?

Answer: He's got a better team supporting him than before.

Sure, LJ is the standout, but basketball is still a team game, huh?
      06-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #186
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
You're giving LJ too much credit... If this were true, why couldn't LJ pull this off in his previous stint with the Cavs?

I dont know if this team is better than the 2007 one
but to ask the question you did is to ignore the fact that LeBron has gotten better both physically and mentally in the 8 years between 2007 and 2015

Another thing people often ignore. LeBron played in 2007 against a player than in my mind, is still further up on the list of great players than he currently is in TIM DUNCAN.
the warriors for all thier success is a flawed team. they did an excellent Job of hiding their flaws in getting to the finals

LeBron in playing against the Spurs, Duncan specifically is doing what he learns and now know it takes to win against small teams. PLAY BIG, PLAY IMPOSING and Play within 8-12 feet of the basket.

If you notice how the warriors came back into the game, they did it by inserting DAVID LEE a big 6-10 post player who can score around the basket and make plays for others. I had said it for the entire year and its proven now. it was a mistake for Kerr to allow David Lee to fall out of the rotation. Draymond Green might be a better defender, but Lee is 3 inches taller and more offensively skilled in the post than Green.
I dont know if its al little too late now, but any hope GS has of coming back into the series rest of playing David Lee heavy minutes because having him as a scorer and playmaker in the post, keeps the Cavs defense honest and give both Curry and Thompson more room to work.
Lets see what happens in game 4 tonight
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #187
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
My original prediction was Cavs in 6, but i did that believing that Kyrie Irving would be healthy and knowing that the Cavs front line trio would be better than that of Golden State
When Kyrie got hurt i thought it pretty much over for Cleveland. I thought LeBron could win one came in Cleveland, but i never believed He was going to be as dominant as he has been, rthe Warriors are in real trouble as I don't see anyone on this team to Stop LeBron and if the Cavs win tonight it but GS on the brink of elimination.

I have my list of greatest layers of all time. My list is skewed by players i have watched played, bearing in mind great players like Wilt, Russel, Oscar Robertson that I never saw played and can only go by second hand information.
On my list I have Michael Jordan first and Tim Duncan second. LeBron James might never get to the 5 rings of Duncan or the 6 rings of Jordan. But if the Cavs win this Championship, could we rate this as the greatest playoff run by a Lead Player ever?
Another really impressive run was the 1995 Hakeem led Rockets who played every series as the road team and still won the Championship.

A fundamental difference between ALL of those teams mentioned and the 2015 CAVS, is that every one of those team pretty much had set rosters with Championship experience and other healthy all stars/ hall of fame type players. Some of those teams even being defending champs, and never was dependent on a Single Superstar the way the Cavs are now with Love and Irving injured.
Shaq had Kobe in 2001

What say you??
Couldn't agree more, and I love how you said shaq had Kobe in 2001. Too many people (Inc Kobe) feels it's the other way around.

Go Cavs.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #188
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Couldn't agree more, and I love how you said shaq had Kobe in 2001. Too many people (Inc Kobe) feels it's the other way around.
Slightly off topic, but the Lakers could've won many more if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic.
      06-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #189
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but the Lakers could've won many more if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic.
All of this is speculative.......they may have been able to win more, but they might have won less too
take for example, that they won in 2000, partly because Duncan tore up his leg just before the playoffs and the spurs were unable to defend their championship then.

another possibility is that the Blazers in the 2000 WCF had o of the worse meltdowns after coming back from being down 3-1 to LAC, were up 15 in the 4th and ended up losing the game.
In 2001 the Lakers were unstoppable so you cant argue that, they were completely dominant

In the 2002 Playoffs, the Kings were clearly the better team. and had it not been for a Robert Horry Opportunist shot in game 4, and then one of the worst officiated series in NBA history, favoring the Lakers, then the Lakers don't 3-peat.
All of this though, is speculatively looking back, no one can go back in time and change the fact that they won 3 championships with Shaq and Kobe as the dominant duo of that era, but in as much they'd possibly won more, they could've been beaten by other teams and won less

the only completely dominant run of the 3 was the 2001 season
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #190
glockz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:

Shaq had Kobe in 2001

What say you??
Dirk Nowitzki and the 2011 Mavs would be on my list as well....but as much as I don't care for LJ you can't deny his ability to take over a game.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #191
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

Not sure if srs... Maybe because he was half the player he was in 2007? Is it too difficult for you to grasp that the longer you play in the NBA the more experience you gain. Lebron is finally in his prime and displaying his skills.

He definitely does not have a better supporting team. With Kyrie + Love + Varejao out, their complete starting lineup, Cavs are relying on an undrafted player. The second best player on the team right now is Delly and he was undrafted. So tell me how is his current team in the Finals better than his 2007 team
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 11:25 PM   #192
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I'm not a LJ fan, I will admit he has matured. He has elevator his game. However, playing in the Eastern Conference, the teams are so bad, that most nights is a night off for Lebron. I would've love to see him play in the Western Conference where you play quality teams regularly. Not saying he won't be the same player, however, his stats would probably be less impressive. Lebron takes much scrutiny because he put it on himself. A tattoo of the King, and lets not forget the " not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six." Also the comment he made that he should be on Mount Rushmore of the NBA. He hasn't been this goody, goody boy. Go Warriors!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 02:33 AM   #193
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:

Shaq had Kobe in 2001

What say you??
The fact that the East was so painfully weak this year (and for the past decade) really hurts his argument.
      06-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #194
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Not sure if srs... Maybe because he was half the player he was in 2007? Is it too difficult for you to grasp that the longer you play in the NBA the more experience you gain. Lebron is finally in his prime and displaying his skills.

He definitely does not have a better supporting team. With Kyrie + Love + Varejao out, their complete starting lineup, Cavs are relying on an undrafted player. The second best player on the team right now is Delly and he was undrafted. So tell me how is his current team in the Finals better than his 2007 team
nope mozgof is clearly there number 2, with tristan close behind.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 03:21 AM   #195
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

The fact that this series is 2-2 is an amazing feat.

Though I do feel like now the Warriors have found their stride and finally decided to take Bogut out of the game. That man needs to retire.
      06-12-2015, 05:30 AM   #196
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

We should factor in this piece for discussion. The King is packing.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/he...ick-1710773115
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 05:41 AM   #197
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
The fact that the East was so painfully weak this year (and for the past decade) really hurts his argument.
we are not talking about regular season
talking about playoff run........
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #198
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

The Eastern conference playoff teams have also been weak. However, you can't blame LJ for that.
Appreciate 0