Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #485
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Heard the original Hall & Oates version
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #486
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Name:  panic.png
Views: 1391
Size:  477.5 KB

Unacceptable for Red Bull !!!

"There we heard him complaining on the onboard radio about a strange noise in the engine and that the engine could not run stably. We also saw a bit of panic in the garage. Then his super-mechanics tried to fix it, but if you look at the start you can see the problems," says Doornbos. Verstappen did make a very good start, but that didn't end well in the end.

"Max was already complaining about the engine and Kimi Raikkonen finally torpedoed him out of the race. That's not even the worst of it. The most annoying thing is that you indicate that you have a problem with the same power unit as in Monza, with which there were also problems. They didn't change anything at the time, which indicates that they had solved the problems. But now it turns out to be exactly the same problem and that's actually unacceptable for a top team like Red Bull", concludes Doornbos.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-15-2020, 12:42 PM   #487
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I hate to drag it out but I smell something fishy, if Horner thinks that the problem righted itself from Monza and decided use it again then that itself is suspect.Are there other factors at work here?? The drivers are the last to know some things at Ferrari...
I'm looking to find more answers regarding the failure of the HONDA PU .
But still ..Can't find anything . Yesterday Tanabe-Honda said : There are actually 2 issues .And the issue isn't small ..
Van der Garde said :The RB's looked faster , but "Honda has lost reliability for speed"

As for us : It remains a mystery

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #488
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm looking to find more answers regarding the failure of the HONDA PU .
But still ..Can't find anything . Yesterday Tanabe-Honda said : There are actually 2 issues .And the issue isn't small ..
Van der Garde said :The RB's looked faster , but "Honda has lost reliability for speed"

As for us : It remains a mystery
Whether the reported overheating at Monza has any relevance to the second issue is the question.A new cooler thermostat may have been fitted but was the damage already done to the other (possibly electrical) component/s.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #489
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

yeah i ve watched Max's formation lap.. car was sounding a bit jerky even on mid revs like rear wheels were bouncing but obviously they were no bouncing it was different than before or the way i remember..

but here comes a question then.. Albon never had PU issue in Monza or in Mugello.. no overheating as well.. so either he has a lower and safer lower power engine map or he is using bigger coolers thus hurts his times as well.. so Albon already has a slower car than Max powerwise as well?
      09-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #490
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
yeah i ve watched Max's formation lap.. car was sounding a bit jerky even on mid revs like rear wheels were bouncing but obviously they were no bouncing it was different than before or the way i remember..

but here comes a question then.. Albon never had PU issue in Monza or in Mugello.. no overheating as well.. so either he has a lower and safer lower power engine map or he is using bigger coolers thus hurts his times as well.. so Albon already has a slower car than Max powerwise as well?
Mate . #491 on this page

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58899.00
yco5722.50
      09-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #491
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

3:25..

09-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #492
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
3:25..

F3 cars are smaller and slower Masi.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #493
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
F3 cars are smaller and slower Masi.
They must have got this from the ancient romans...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58899.00
yco5722.50
      09-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #494
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
They must have got this from the ancient romans...
Bit like a Roman soldiers helmet with a Darth Vader front panel visor
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #495
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Bit like a Roman soldiers helmet with a Darth Vader front panel visor
My friend you nailed it !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #496
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My friend you nailed it !
Well my friend there's plenty of time for RB/Honda to sort Max's engine basically an almost certain fresh PU,this time with no negatives.
How much more power to keep the short fishing line on HAM Tanabe has to measure up more accurately what can get Max to the end of the race with a decent amount of power with not overwhelming the ancillaries of the 16.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #497
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Well my friend there's plenty of time for RB/Honda to sort Max's engine basically an almost certain fresh PU,this time with no negatives.
How much more power to keep the short fishing line on HAM Tanabe has to measure up more accurately what can get Max to the end of the race with a decent amount of power with not overwhelming the ancillaries of the 16.
3 DNF in 9 races . By this MAX was 33% out of the game .

If HAM didn't won Silverstone 1 on his square tires and MAX didn't got 3 PU failures ...
The story would be completely different in WDC ranking .

HONDA screwed it up . They were not ready enough to fool the Mercs .

By this given it's always the same old story in a Merc vs Merc race .
On the other hand : Toto would never allow that BOT could race vs HAM . As we know Toto is the button master from behind the pitwall .
And grandma's racecraft s@cks anyway...

So , actually is HAM the only racing driver and the rest is just there for the show ...
If MAX can't fight in a real car vs HAM with equal machinery ! F1 will die soon !
If HONDA isn't able to improve the damn PU . We can put this season already on repeat for 2021 ...
And who wants to see that again ?

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #498
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Your logic is comical. Excuses and more excuses.

Redbull knew Honda’s unreliability and still went for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #499
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Your logic is comical. Excuses and more excuses.

Redbull knew Honda’s unreliability and still went for it.
Comical excuses ? Well excuse me mate !
This isn't regarding excuses . The cause isn't MAX but HONDA !
HONDA can better return to Japan mate . That's how it looks like .
And as you know , Renault was nothing better... And Ferrari is a joke without the Jet-Mode !

Facts mate ! Facts...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #500
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
3 DNF in 9 races . By this MAX was 33% out of the game .

If HAM didn't won Silverstone 1 on his square tires and MAX didn't got 3 PU failures ...
The story would be completely different in WDC ranking .

HONDA screwed it up . They were not ready enough to fool the Mercs .

By this given it's always the same old story in a Merc vs Merc race .
On the other hand : Toto would never allow that BOT could race vs HAM . As we know Toto is the button master from behind the pitwall .
And grandma's racecraft s@cks anyway...

So , actually is HAM the only racing driver and the rest is just there for the show ...
If MAX can't fight in a real car vs HAM with equal machinery ! F1 will die soon !
If HONDA isn't able to improve the damn PU . We can put this season already on repeat for 2021 ...
And who wants to see that again ?
I know,it's all a big swiz with some being fooled saying that hamster is the best due to racemanship even 'footwork' lol It's gone on too long now,a lapdog teammate with the political cover now to mask what really is happening.
Roll up Roll up for the F1 Merc championship

Last edited by M5Rick; 09-16-2020 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 02:03 AM   #501
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

from best conspiracy theorist here i couldnt get the answer.. why these failures only affect Max but not others?
      09-16-2020, 02:26 AM   #502
M5Rick
General
Rep

It's elementary my dear Watson.

^I would have thought it was obvious my friend, the Honda PU is being overstretched powering Max's car being he's the only challenger to Merc while the rest like Ricciardo can only joke and put on a circus show but all they have is jellybeans to challenge
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 04:46 AM   #503
M5Rick
General
Rep

After watching over and over again I did say there was not one thing that caused the main pile up but Giovi and Sainz were an indirect cause adding to the mayhem with their blind crazy speed and should receive some sort of penalty for causing an avoidable accident..
Bottas?
It would be good for F1 fans if Grosjean and Bottas had a no holds barred tete a tete but in public perhaps on a news site..Odds on that Bottas wouldn't attend.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 04:47 AM   #504
TZ2005
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Nuts race

Lets hope for a few more entertaining races this season. looking forward to the new rules in 22!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58899.00
      09-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #505
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
from best conspiracy theorist here i couldnt get the answer.. why these failures only affect Max but not others?
Well mate , ask HAM or Toto why HAM's PU is faster than BOT .Same situation .Same story mate !

Regarding MAX's PU : Probably his PU is pushed further to limits , because he's the only one who has the racecraft to put the Mercs in trouble ,of course with higher risk for the PU , which is normal .
Mate .That's what we can see , in the last years .That's no conspiracy , these are facts .

On the other hand, Tanabe said :They saw that all the HONDA-PU's are actually affected , just like MAX's PU .
Albon's PU went twice in anti-stall during the free-practice , while MAX's PU was running outstanding during the free practice and QF.
Tanabe spoke not from 1 PU issue , but from 2 different PU issues ... the issues are big and not fixable by a push on a button !

But hey ! It doesn't matter anymore . As we know It's already too late for MAX with his 3 DNF ..He has nothing to lose anymore in the WDC !
And that he will show as well ...At least if his PU is OK .

All we can hope for mate is : Suspense in the front of the race ,with close overtaking , and hopefully HONDA can make this possible ASAP !
But meanwhile the HONDA PU investigation is still going on ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      09-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #506
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well mate , ask HAM or Toto why HAM's PU is faster than BOT .Same situation .Same story mate !

Regarding MAX's PU : Probably his PU is pushed further to limits , because he's the only one who has the racecraft to put the Mercs in trouble ,of course with higher risk for the PU , which is normal .
Mate .That's what we can see , in the last years .That's no conspiracy , these are facts .

On the other hand, Tanabe said :They saw that all the HONDA-PU's are actually affected , just like MAX's PU .
Albon's PU went twice in anti-stall during the free-practice , while MAX's PU was running outstanding during the free practice and QF.
Tanabe spoke not from 1 PU issue , but from 2 different PU issues ... the issues are big and not fixable by a push on a button !

But hey ! It doesn't matter anymore . As we know It's already too late for MAX with his 3 DNF ..He has nothing to lose anymore in the WDC !
And that he will show as well ...At least if his PU is OK .

All we can hope for mate is : Suspense in the front of the race ,with close overtaking , and hopefully HONDA can make this possible ASAP !
But meanwhile the HONDA PU investigation is still going on ...
With Sochi coming on Sunday week Max will have another chance to burst through at the start to the long charge to turn 2 all being well with the Honda PU.
It's a strange track with quite a few L-shaped bends that could benefit the other one with their trick steering so I would say a good start would be beneficial for him and hopefully Alb will be on the ball too.
I would like to have seen Horner's face on Sunday when Max finished with him telling him what he thought of his failing PU
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50