Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
….and the friendliness in the skies continues.
Man, Im glad to sitting behind a bulletproof door in air.
That wont prevent me from getting chased by a weirdo after deboarding but at this moment an appropriate question from my side: Where are the security at the airport when such things happens?
Which airline do you fly for?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 01:26 AM   #3566
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Big German one

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 01:34 AM   #3567
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Big German one
Lufthansa?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 02:44 AM   #3568
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVA View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3@50 is for law enforcement. Other Federal employees generally get 1.7% of highest salary (actually, average of the highest three years of salary) as pension.

As a former non-law enforcement Federal retiree, I'll just say that 3@50 is not enough for the law enforcement officers I worked with. It's hard to quantify putting your life on the line day in, day out.
Most federal employees get 1% per year worked x avg of high 3 (if you are 62 with atleast 25 years, your new multiplier is 1.1%). If you are a special category then you have a different multiplier or (s).. LEO or Executive branch and Dept of State or certain 3 letter non-Dept of Defense agencies pay different rates for length of overseas assignments.
Sedan_Clan24818.50
      06-22-2021, 05:57 AM   #3569
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Lufthansa?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614889.50
Sedan_Clan24818.50
      06-22-2021, 06:09 AM   #3570
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
….and the friendliness in the skies continues.
I hope the pos was given appropriate treatment he dished out to the poor woman airline attendant.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24818.50
      06-22-2021, 10:51 AM   #3571
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Man, Im glad to sitting behind a bulletproof door in air.
That wont prevent me from getting chased by a weirdo after deboarding but at this moment an appropriate question from my side: Where are the security at the airport when such things happens?
Arresting the dude who had 0.5oz too much toothpaste.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7926.00
Murf99314114.00
Dang3r12503.00
      06-22-2021, 11:53 AM   #3572
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Where are the security at the airport when such things happens?
There aren't any. Most airports have local police, or their own police, in and around the airport, but they don't typically patrol the hallways. The police are always a few minutes away.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24818.50
Murf99314114.00
      06-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #3573
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
What's your stance on professional courtesy, in regards to traffic violations? (I am aProfessional CITY FF 15 YEARS). I have been let go more times then I should have....my xwife was with me one time complaining about my speeding 95ish...."I hope you get a ticket..". Sure enough not 5 minutes after that comment I got pulled over. I never lie when cops pull me over and ask 'do you know why.....etc". Yes because I was speeding, officer "yup I got you going 89".....me:...."I thought you got me at 95 for sure, but I'll take 89". I hand the officer my license and FIREFIGHTER identification, mean while my xwife clearly communicates to the officer that he should give me a ticket, long story short.... he didn't. She was nothing but a C U Next Tuesday for the rest of the night.....

The only thing I can't stand is when an officer gets on his soap box and tells me how wreckless I am etc.... I could have hurt someone .......bro, clam your ass down, I've seen just as much tragedy as you have maybe even more. He threatened to call my chief, (a chief at the time I couldn't stand, complete asshole) That interaction fired me up...I became a dick and asked him to stop talking and just give me a ticket, he should have, and for the life of me I can't understand why he didn't.

I was a super dick head another time to local beach cops......I was drinking (was the passenger in my own car (X5M)letting my buddy drive it who ended up with a DUI, 3 officers gave 3 different reasons for pulling my buddy over, this fired me up and I was, to say the least, less then cooperative. The next day I discussed what happened with my buddy who is a police captain for the city I work for....again long story short..... I was completely out of line and wrote personal apology letters to each officer at that scene, went hat in hand to their police station to hand deliver them. I'm not their favorite person but the letters did help my situation, it's few and far between officers get a letter from a person they had a difficult interaction with stating their behavior was unacceptable. This is just after the same local beach police officers had pulled me over for speeding and gave me professional courtesy.
I give professional courtesy majority of the time unless the action is egregious. I give a lot of passes to civilians too, so my latitude is deployed fairly.

As for your attitude….

….at least you attempted to make amends. That's more than I can say for some people.
My boat was docked in that beach town, the police Capt. I'm friends with painted the bigger picture for me… they have the ability/motivation to make my summer activities ( Boats N Hoes) unpleasant as possible, reminding me (and my friends/coworkers) that we are far from model citizens. Along with my fancy loud F85 X5M that screams "look at me".
When my buddy was getting a DUI, my antics got me pulled out of the back seat to be detained, followed by insulting the officers situational awareness for patting me down when I was shirtless and wearing a form fitting Hurley swim suit. Again not proud of my behavior, just illustrating another point of motivation they would have.
      06-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #3574
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What's your stance on professional courtesy, in regards to traffic violations? (I am aProfessional CITY FF 15 YEARS). I have been let go more times then I should have....my xwife was with me one time complaining about my speeding 95ish...."I hope you get a ticket..". Sure enough not 5 minutes after that comment I got pulled over. I never lie when cops pull me over and ask 'do you know why.....etc". Yes because I was speeding, officer "yup I got you going 89".....me:...."I thought you got me at 95 for sure, but I'll take 89". I hand the officer my license and FIREFIGHTER identification, mean while my xwife clearly communicates to the officer that he should give me a ticket, long story short.... he didn't. She was nothing but a C U Next Tuesday for the rest of the night.....

The only thing I can't stand is when an officer gets on his soap box and tells me how wreckless I am etc.... I could have hurt someone .......bro, clam your ass down, I've seen just as much tragedy as you have maybe even more. He threatened to call my chief, (a chief at the time I couldn't stand, complete asshole) That interaction fired me up...I became a dick and asked him to stop talking and just give me a ticket, he should have, and for the life of me I can't understand why he didn't.

I was a super dick head another time to local beach cops......I was drinking (was the passenger in my own car (X5M)letting my buddy drive it who ended up with a DUI, 3 officers gave 3 different reasons for pulling my buddy over, this fired me up and I was, to say the least, less then cooperative. The next day I discussed what happened with my buddy who is a police captain for the city I work for....again long story short..... I was completely out of line and wrote personal apology letters to each officer at that scene, went hat in hand to their police station to hand deliver them. I'm not their favorite person but the letters did help my situation, it's few and far between officers get a letter from a person they had a difficult interaction with stating their behavior was unacceptable. This is just after the same local beach police officers had pulled me over for speeding and gave me professional courtesy.
I give professional courtesy majority of the time unless the action is egregious. I give a lot of passes to civilians too, so my latitude is deployed fairly.

As for your attitude….

….at least you attempted to make amends. That's more than I can say for some people.
My boat was docked in that beach town, the police Capt. I'm friends with painted the bigger picture for me… they have the ability/motivation to make my summer activities ( Boats N Hoes) unpleasant as possible, reminding me (and my friends/coworkers) that we are far from model citizens. Along with my fancy loud F85 X5M that screams "look at me".
When my buddy was getting a DUI, my antics got me pulled out of the back seat to be detained, followed by insulting the officers situational awareness for patting me down when I was shirtless and wearing a form fitting Hurley swim suit. Again not proud of my behavior, just illustrating another point of motivation they would have.
Yikes! That sounds like a scene out of a Jersey Shore episode.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1614889.50
ramman434710.00
Murf99314114.00
mahalom3163.00
      06-22-2021, 02:05 PM   #3575
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3@50 is for law enforcement. Other Federal employees generally get 1.7% of highest salary (actually, average of the highest three years of salary) as pension.

As a former non-law enforcement Federal retiree, I'll just say that 3@50 is not enough for the law enforcement officers I worked with. It's hard to quantify putting your life on the line day in, day out.
Most federal employees get 1% per year worked x avg of high 3 (if you are 62 with atleast 25 years, your new multiplier is 1.1%). If you are a special category then you have a different multiplier or (s).. LEO or Executive branch and Dept of State or certain 3 letter non-Dept of Defense agencies pay different rates for length of overseas assignments.
Shit, here in CT the state cops rape the pension. My city transferred my pension under the state in other words we are in the pension as the state cops. They get 50% of their 3 highest years including OT. Most will load up the last 3 years making over 200k resulting in a 100k pension for 25 years of service. As a fireman we can't get that much overtime… hell we don't even get 1.5 when we work OT unless we are in FSLA. My base is 80k as a PVT and the most money I could make if I took every OT available would be 125k. You have state portal men make near 300k. The pension was not designed to double your retirement payout. Fiscally impossible to pay a trooper 100k after 25 years to sit home. I believe it should be capped and the figure take into account the number of years of service.
      06-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #3576
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shit, here in CT the state cops rape the pension. My city transferred my pension under the state in other words we are in the pension as the state cops. They get 50% of their 3 highest years including OT. Most will load up the last 3 years making over 200k resulting in a 100k pension for 25 years of service. As a fireman we can't get that much overtime… hell we don't even get 1.5 when we work OT unless we are in FSLA. My base is 80k as a PVT and the most money I could make if I took every OT available would be 125k. You have state portal men make near 300k. The pension was not designed to double your retirement payout. Fiscally impossible to pay a trooper 100k after 25 years to sit home. I believe it should be capped and the figure take into account the number of years of service.
Firemen in California make just as much, if not more than we do, and they sit around far more. The way my retirement plan works is the newer hires in the next plan contribute more. My increased contributions are paying the retirements of those who came before me. Those under me will pay mine, and so forth and so on. Years of service is part of the retirement calculation.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
mahalom3163.00
      06-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #3577
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
With all of these in-flight incidents recently, I'm starting to dread my upcoming flight early next week. I opted for an exit row seat, and don't know if I still have the strength to kill someone with my bare hands if they go crazy and try to open the door and pull the emergency slide inflator in the middle of the flight.....
Kooch102.00
      06-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #3578
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

More people think that Feds clean up but it's certain states that have un sustainable pension systems.. The crappy thing is that people of my grandparents generation setup these systems to benefit themselves but I believe then knew it was a bad system.. my wife's grandmom worked for the state of IL for 17 years but got a full pension for 35 years. IL's state system is F'd.. Mechanics are paid almost above private sector and get a pension on top plus stacking OT..

We need to change the pension models I.e Cash Balance Pension or transition to heavy funded pension that equal to present day pension contributions..I.e if total employer pension contributions are 8% and 401k match is 4%… say something like you out 6% and we'll give 12%.. Then you have cost savings as some idiots won't put in enough to meet match and you don't have to guarantee returns..
      06-22-2021, 03:57 PM   #3579
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
With all of these in-flight incidents recently, I'm starting to dread my upcoming flight early next week. I opted for an exit row seat, and don't know if I still have the strength to kill someone with my bare hands if they go crazy and try to open the door and pull the emergency slide inflator in the middle of the flight.....
Good news! Those inflight incidents are still rare. I've never had one in my 25+ years of airline work.

More good news! Those emergency exits can't be opened when the plane is pressurized, not even by The Terminator. You're safe.

Bad news. You're much more likely to die on the drive to/from the airport.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan24818.50
Buug95916842.50
vreihen1614889.50
      06-22-2021, 04:08 PM   #3580
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Good news! Those inflight incidents are still rare. I've never had one in my 25+ years of airline work.

More good news! Those emergency exits can't be opened when the plane is pressurized, not even by The Terminator. You're safe.

Bad news. You're much more likely to die on the drive to/from the airport.
True…..

….but damn, two different flight attendant friends, two different airlines, four acts of violence in….what, a month and a half (…not including what has occurred elsewhere)?!? Low probability still.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614889.50
      06-22-2021, 04:40 PM   #3581
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
More people think that Feds clean up but it's certain states that have un sustainable pension systems.. The crappy thing is that people of my grandparents generation setup these systems to benefit themselves but I believe then knew it was a bad system.. my wife's grandmom worked for the state of IL for 17 years but got a full pension for 35 years. IL's state system is F'd.. Mechanics are paid almost above private sector and get a pension on top plus stacking OT..

We need to change the pension models I.e Cash Balance Pension or transition to heavy funded pension that equal to present day pension contributions..I.e if total employer pension contributions are 8% and 401k match is 4%… say something like you out 6% and we'll give 12%.. Then you have cost savings as some idiots won't put in enough to meet match and you don't have to guarantee returns..
Defined BENEFIT vs defined CONTRIBUTION. I can't even imagine how to do long term budget projections on employees costs. . .
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #3582
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Luftwaffe?
Wait, what?

Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24818.50
jmack548.50
      06-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #3583
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Violence against Flight Attendants is a relatively new phenomena from a depraved society we now live in.

Violence against nurses has been an on-going problem for decades.

https://nursesunions.ca/campaigns/violence/

In a national study conducted by the CFNU, we found that 61% of nurses reported a serious problem with violence over a recent 12 month period and two-thirds considered leaving their jobs as a result. The number of violence-related lost-time claims for health care workers increased by almost 66% over a nine year period – three times the rate of increase for police and correctional service officers combined.

In addition to physical injury, workplace violence has a serious impact on workers’ mental health, as revealed by a 2020 CFNU study that found disturbing rates of mental disorder symptoms among nurses. Physical assault was the traumatic event reported, affecting 92.7% of nurses. Nearly half of nurses (46.4%) reported exposure to physical assault 11 or more times

Many quit and most of us go back to work.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan24818.50
Buug95916842.50
vreihen1614889.50
Littlebear3508.50
      06-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #3584
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Quote:
Big German one
Quote:
Luftwaffe?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Wait, what?

Well...it would explain his penchant for, and familiarity with, BMW engines....
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24818.50
Skoidat69272.50
      06-22-2021, 11:52 PM   #3585
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
<snip>
The way my retirement plan works is the newer hires in the next plan contribute more. My increased contributions are paying the retirements of those who came before me. Those under me will pay mine, and so forth and so on. Years of service is part of the retirement calculation.
Soooooooooooo it's a giant government Ponzi scheme?
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24818.50
      06-22-2021, 11:54 PM   #3586
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
<snip>
The way my retirement plan works is the newer hires in the next plan contribute more. My increased contributions are paying the retirements of those who came before me. Those under me will pay mine, and so forth and so on. Years of service is part of the retirement calculation.
Soooooooooooo it's a giant government Ponzi scheme?
Yep! Lol! Once you retire, you stop paying into the fund. Those still active are paying for you.
Appreciate 1
mahalom3163.00