Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #9175
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

I'm late to this convo as I haven't kept up, too much to read. But does someone here have a PPL?

I've actually been contemplating for some time to get mines, it's something I've wanted for many years now.

If anyone has feedback, I'd appreciate to hear any of it and what to expect during the training.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #9176
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
I'm late to this convo as I haven't kept up, too much to read. But does someone here have a PPL?

I've actually been contemplating for some time to get mines, it's something I've wanted for many years now.

If anyone has feedback, I'd appreciate to hear any of it and what to expect during the training.
I have a PPL but mine is from NZ which has quite a different training system. Feel free to DM me if you have questions but I can only speak in general terms as I have never gone through the US training system.
Appreciate 1
premier3is1631.50
      04-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #9177
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post

I have a PPL but mine is from NZ which has quite a different training system. Feel free to DM me if you have questions but I can only speak in general terms as I have never gone through the US training system.
Thank I will do so!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #9178
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

It's been my bucket list to fly private charter to Vegas but my wife wont get on a small plane. After listening to you guys, I'm thinking I wouldn't either.

Can we talk about happy things like all the people who aren't getting laid or maybe back to the ones that are getting catfished
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #9179
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Guys, I didn't mean to start an airplane debate.

You could argue that getting on the back of a 1,000 lb animal with a mind of its own isn't safe either, and you'd be absolutely correct, but I do it every weekend without a second thought.

dinonz , ever fly to Nola?
Hell, I drag my knees on the ground with a motor under me and 3 gallons of gasoline between my legs. But at least I know who torqued the bolts and attached the safety wire so I fell better.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917382.50
      04-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #9180
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
It's been my bucket list to fly private charter to Vegas but my wife wont get on a small plane. After listening to you guys, I'm thinking I wouldn't either.

Can we talk about happy things like all the people who aren't getting laid or maybe back to the ones that are getting catfished
I just signed up for bumble and hinge so I can probably contribute soon.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #9181
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I agree on the kids part so have a few further questions.

How old are the kids and what gender? How often do they visit their father? Do they have an amicable relationship to co-parent? Do the kids have a good relationship with their father? Do the kids like you?
The youngest child is 9 (male), the middle child is 13 (daughter) and the oldest is 15 (male). Their current arrangement is alternating weeks. The kids do not have a good relationship with their father. The daughter asked for a voodoo doll for Christmas that she named after her father. (Back story time: The girlfriend and her ex-husband were together for 20+ years. He got to where he was accusing her of cheating and whatnot. A year later, they are divorced. Three months later he was living with another woman and was married shortly after. The step-mother has 4 kids of her own, and now the gilrfriends kids father, spends more time with those kids than his own. The kids never really forgave him for this.)

The youngest child always give me a hug when he sees me. Tells me he loves me when he goes to bed, it's pretty sweet. The daughter is starting to like me. She's an empath and very sensitive. I can relate as too am an empath, and understand what it's like to be different and considered an outcast, so she is starting to realize who I am to a degree. Aside from that, the daughter likes no one and can be a complete ass at times. The eldest child is incredibly intelligent and is constantly tinkering/building things out of....well, everything. He made a smoker last week and cooked dinner for everyone in it. Really damn smart kid.

It seems as if they switch roles, as kids do, in which one wants act like an ass today. Her kids are overall good kids. It's just the younger two like to revolve around which one needs the most attention that day.

Quote:
BTW, where is King Rudi? He summons me and then disappears...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Kinda weird he's been gone. I know he took a few days off to help the girlfriend but a car & mentioned he would be behind on work. Maybe he's in work hell

Sara is this the surgeon guy?
Awwww....you guys missed me.

Super busy with work. Crunch time, dead lines, projects way past schedule, etc. I've managed to piss off a "contractor" (I'm using this word loosely in this instance) and he has decided to get into a pissing contest with me. He hasn't seen my "Muther Fuckest" trophy yet. Yes, an actual trophy that reads "Mother Fuckest" of all the mother fuckers on the planet, I'm the mother fuckest.

Anyhoo, I'm back. Most likely intermittently for a few more days.

Sara, glad your trip went well. I noticed no one mentioned the love of the dogs. It's a great sign when the pets love you and remember you. This is huge to me. Well done.
Appreciate 2
rebekahb3131.50
Sara5791.00
      04-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #9182
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

So,.... I just fucked up...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #9183
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Tell me you texted the wrong guy thinking it was the other guy
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #9184
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Admitting it is the first step.

Spill it. What have you done?

I'll save someone else from posting it.
Appreciate 3
rebekahb3131.50
Buug95917382.50
      04-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #9185
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
We'll be the judge of that thank you very much.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Sara5791.00
      04-27-2021, 02:30 PM   #9186
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Also
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 02:35 PM   #9187
FuzzyPeaches
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP

Its been an hour since your post. It must be a bad fuck up...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 02:49 PM   #9188
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Maybe Sara just swiped on Ryan Stewart
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917382.50
      04-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #9189
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
Maybe Sara just swiped on Ryan Stewart
No bodies in my backyard....
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #9190
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Tell me you texted the wrong guy thinking it was the other guy
No, but I have an even funnier story regarding a situation like that from years ago.
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00
      04-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #9191
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Well, nothing too terrible. The devil is just trying to throw a wrench in my mended Mississippi situation.

Anyway, long story short, this Dr. follows me on instagram. I don't follow him back. I can see a little bit of what he looks like in his tiny profile picture, but I can't see the rest of the photos as his page is private. He always replies to my stories and whatnot with hearts and/or other emojis, just a regular follower to me. Well..... he's been asking to meet up so I figured, I haven't been grocery shopping in a minute, fine, I'll let him take me to lunch (as friends) at the restaurant/bar directly across the street. What have I got to lose? Worst comes to worst it's free lunch and at least he'll stop bugging me......

Prince freaking charming was waiting at the hostess stand for me. Drop dead gorgeous, TALL, muscles, granted he was wearing scrubs, but holy shit. I kinda wish I would have brushed my hair this morning. AND!!!!! He has horses.......

WHY UNIVERSE WHY

I gave him my number. I'm not going to text him. I can't. If I see him again, it's going to be like the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Margo says "We're not going to be friends." I'm happy with the Mississippi guy. I'm not going to fuck it up.

But he has horses........
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615230.50
MKSixer34184.50
      04-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #9192
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Sara what does Mississippi guy do for a living? I don't think I saw it anywhere
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #9193
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Quote:
Guys, I didn't mean to start an airplane debate.

You could argue that getting on the back of a 1,000 lb animal with a mind of its own isn't safe either, and you'd be absolutely correct, but I do it every weekend without a second thought.

dinonz , ever fly to Nola?
Hell, I drag my knees on the ground with a motor under me and 3 gallons of gasoline between my legs. But at least I know who torqued the bolts and attached the safety wire so I fell better.
You and me both.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #9194
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well, nothing too terrible. The devil is just trying to throw a wrench in my mended Mississippi situation.

Anyway, long story short, this Dr. follows me on instagram. I don't follow him back. I can see a little bit of what he looks like in his tiny profile picture, but I can't see the rest of the photos as his page is private. He always replies to my stories and whatnot with hearts and/or other emojis, just a regular follower to me. Well..... he's been asking to meet up so I figured, I haven't been grocery shopping in a minute, fine, I'll let him take me to lunch (as friends) at the restaurant/bar directly across the street. What have I got to lose? Worst comes to worst it's free lunch and at least he'll stop bugging me......

Prince freaking charming was waiting at the hostess stand for me. Drop dead gorgeous, TALL, muscles, granted he was wearing scrubs, but holy shit. I kinda wish I would have brushed my hair this morning. AND!!!!! He has horses.......

WHY UNIVERSE WHY

I gave him my number. I'm not going to text him. I can't. If I see him again, it's going to be like the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Margo says "We're not going to be friends." I'm happy with the Mississippi guy. I'm not going to fuck it up.

But he has horses........
From the photo you posted of the Mississippi guy, he looks to have a good 10 years on you. So go with him - he'll probably be dead sooner, then you have his fortune, and by that time, said Dr on instagram will probably be on his 4th or 5th wife and will leave them for you and you can live happily together until one of you divorces the other in the span of....oh, I don't know, maybe 2-3 years? I think that's approximately the honeymoon period anyways nowadays.

See - my way you get both! They call me clever but I'm really just a pragmatist.
Appreciate 3
Sara5791.00
King Rudi13154.00
Tommy-G4486.50
      04-27-2021, 07:20 PM   #9195
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
From the photo you posted of the Mississippi guy, he looks to have a good 10 years on you. So go with him - he'll probably be dead sooner, then you have his fortune, and by that time, said Dr on instagram will probably be on his 4th or 5th wife and will leave them for you and you can live happily together until one of you divorces the other in the span of....oh, I don't know, maybe 2-3 years? I think that's approximately the honeymoon period anyways nowadays.

See - my way you get both! They call me clever but I'm really just a pragmatist.
Ha. Guarantee you I'll sign a prenup and besides that's all his separate property. I won't get a dime.

Now for a dose of reality and mood killer, I have to go to the cardiologist next week. So, he may out live me. I didn't think at 33 I'd have the heart of someone 73 (no offense to anyone older than me). Living for the short term memories here.

Last edited by Sara; 04-27-2021 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615230.50
      04-27-2021, 07:27 PM   #9196
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ha. Guarantee you I'll sign a prenup and besides that all his separate property. I won't get a dime.

Now for a dose of reality and mood killer, I have to go to the cardiologist next week. So, he may out live me. I didn't think at 33 I'd have the heart of someone 73 (no offense to anyone older than me). Living for the short term memories here.
Honestly, without joking this time (rare for me), hope that's not true and you get good news.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, there is an individual on here who also has a really bad heart too - I think (but I don't know) that it was vreihen16.

He may have some tips for you if you are in trouble - based on what he voluntarily eats for breakfast, I've concluded his will to live is nothing short of remarkable. I'd have bit the big one long ago if faced with his dietary choices.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Buug95917382.50